Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 57
So I practiced some metta meditation out of the blue and then later and the next day i noticed that when visualizing my qi it was totally white, like pure, bright light. normally it varies from light yellow in my heart and head dan tiens too a fiery orangy yellow in my lower dan tien.

i realize it's all in my head. but it's significant because i made no mental connection between the two practices whatsoever, i had no expectations or hopes that they would influence each other, nor had i ever heard anything about this. i just did metta meditation because i felt like it and then later was just doing my normal qigong like always and that's just how it looked in my minds eye.

anyone else experience this?

Also, any information or experiences with qi and buddhism would be interesting and welcome to hear.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:21 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am
Posts: 683
Well that makes sense because metta can have the effect of regulating and purifying one's qi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 57
dakini_boi wrote:
Well that makes sense because metta can have the effect of regulating and purifying one's qi.


thanks, do you know any more about it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:17 am 
Online

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am
Posts: 683
Disordered/polluted qi is mainly caused by afflictive emotions. Metta is an antidote to afflictive emotions - because afflictive emotions are all based on self-clinging, and metta pacifies self-clinging. At least, that's how I understand it! :namaste:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 57
dakini_boi wrote:
Disordered/polluted qi is mainly caused by afflictive emotions. Metta is an antidote to afflictive emotions - because afflictive emotions are all based on self-clinging, and metta pacifies self-clinging. At least, that's how I understand it! :namaste:


awesome. thanks, any books you recommend?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am
Posts: 683
I don't have a specific book to recommend, but basic books on Chinese medicine often explain how the emotions affect the movement of qi. I know you were asking about Buddhist qigong in another thread - there are a couple books I know of that cover a wide range of qigong practices, and have sections in them discussing Buddhist qigong . . . these books are "The Roots of Chinese Qigong" and "Qigong Empowerment." You may be able to find them at your library.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 57
dakini_boi wrote:
I don't have a specific book to recommend, but basic books on Chinese medicine often explain how the emotions affect the movement of qi. I know you were asking about Buddhist qigong in another thread - there are a couple books I know of that cover a wide range of qigong practices, and have sections in them discussing Buddhist qigong . . . these books are "The Roots of Chinese Qigong" and "Qigong Empowerment." You may be able to find them at your library.


sweet, thanks! i'll look them up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm
Posts: 185
Kenneth Cohen's
The Way of QiGong... the art and science of Chinese energy healing.
is comprehensive.

_________________
More about Mindfulness here
http://bemindful.co.uk/

" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
(Dogen).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group