Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo Teaching at Palyul Retreat

anikunzang

Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo Teaching at Palyul Retreat

Post by anikunzang »

Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo yesterday taught at the Palyul Retreat Centre built by her Root Guru, HH Penor Rinpoche. Here is a video of her teaching. Please enjoy.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24344789
muni

Re: Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo Teaching at Palyul Retreat

Post by muni »

I am speechless. Now I could meet Jetsuma Ahkon Lhamo, not like we usually meet someone, but by the very heart.

I am sure you don't mind when I add few words from Guru Rinpoche regarding this teaching.

"Guru Padmasambhava taught that the mind of love, compassion, and wisdom is identical with the enlightened mind of the Buddha. When the bodhicitta radiates as prajnaparamita, it appears as knowledge of the relative truth, knowledge of the absolute truth and knowledge of their union".

Thank you for sharing Anikunzang. :anjali:
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

:heart: Beautiful ! :heart: May Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo :heart: have a long healthy & happy life !!! :buddha1: :bow: :bow: :bow:
anikunzang

Post by anikunzang »

Thank you both. I just re-watched the teaching. It is so good to be reminded that kindness and love are the foundation of the Dharma, and we can offer that to others every day.
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

Hi there. My aunt is a Christian and she also believes in kindness and love being the foundation of her path. In this regard she decided to give up her comfortable life and become an unpaid volunteer at a children's hospital in Calcutta. I'm wondering if you would consider doing something like that?
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
muni

Post by muni »

To put Bodhichitta in action is important.

With Bodhichitta one sees self interess as poison, as ones own pain. With altruism by insight we lose that pain and engage in spiritual deeds. Since all and all are not separate from our nature. We need so called 'others' to realize that, so is me told.

To open the rusty door of the enslaving ego can convential Bodhichitta be the key. We need teaching to understand.

Also is me told; having Bodhichitta is nature beyond nonexistence-existence, selfless acts are in equality and the needs of others is embraced. Then one becomes an anonymous friend for all.

All beings, equal to space! :woohoo:

Bowing!
anikunzang

Post by anikunzang »

Andrew, thanks for sharing the commitment to active compassion of your aunt. It speaks to me of the common foundation of compassion and loving kindness that supports different faiths. I was raised a christian (Church of England aka episcopal) and have never lost my respect of or love for Christ's life and teachings. Funny you mention Calcutta, as n my teens I yearned to become one of Mother Teresa's nuns. As to my own life, I have spent the last six years as an unpaid live-in worker and director of a dog rescue and Sanctuary Jetsunma established in AZ following Hurricane Katrina. I feel very blessed to have had this challenging and often stressful role, being exposed to the horrific extent and suffering of abuse, neglect and abandonment that companion animals in this country and the wold experience every day. I poop scooped, fed and walked the dogs most every day. I had to "choose" which dogs we could save, knowing others would die. I provided hospice care for five rescue dogs who died in my home. The Sanctuary is in a remote part of AZ and the accommodations I lived in were very rustic, at times with no water.
I don't say this to big note myself, as through working for these years in animal rescue I was inspired by the countless number of people in this world who give their lives to compassionate action to end the suffering of animals (and people). This period of life and working with the dogs opened my heart in ways I think no amount of reading a Dharma book every could have. I had to leave at the end of last year as the grief and sadness combined with the overwhelming need finally engulfed me. I have nothing but great respect for your aunt and anyone who has the courage and commitment to offer their lives to help others.
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

Thank you for your interesting reply. When I see kindness in the world I am very moved and inspired. I'm not such a kind person myself and I respect those who put others first. Thanks.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.

Return to “Nyingma”