Sex and the Lama

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Yangtso

Re: Sex and the Lama

Post by Yangtso »

lol I thought the same thing.

Which mother are they referring too?
The mother clear light?
What was the context of the teaching?
Words have different meanings in different
disciplines do they not?

Lhug-Pa wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:The first quote in his sig is definitely not factually wrong. It may be hard to digest but based on a lot of history it's very factual.
True indeed.

In response to MalaBeads:

Haha. That's good. Women and men should have sex with each other a lot more. It would relieve a lot of tension in this world. Not everyone can stay strictly celibate and maintain chastity with daily constant Yoga, Meditation, and Pranayama practice alone.

Yangtso, it's said that everyone has been our mother in some life. So what then, no one should ever sex at all? I'm not saying that all practitioners should get promiscuous, but not everyone is a dedicated practitioner.

Virgo, in looking at the second quote in my sig:

"The religion of Buddha, of India, is well known to have been very ancient. In the most ancient temples scattered throughout Asia, where his worship is yet continued, he is found black as jet, with the flat face, thick lips, and curly hair of the Negro."

"Stonehenge...temple of the black, curly-headed Buddha." - Master Mason Godfrey Higgins
The ancestors of the contemporary Irish could very well have driven out melanated people who were already in Ireland from Ireland. A Nation of Islam/Nation of Gods and Earths member who studied the Buddha Dharma did a lot of research on this, using Godfrey Higgins' writings and other old Masonic writings for some of his references. The Masons have always been sitting on a wealth of information and knowledge that's not readily accessible to ordinary conventional profane/vulgar scholars.

Anyway, the said quote by Manly P. Hall was actually written in the 1930's I believe, decades before Communist China invaded Tibet.

Anyhow, Chinese secularist Communism is mainly influenced by a Caucasian (that is, a Zionist known as Karl Marx, see: Moses Mordecai Marx Levy).

The said Manly P. Hall quote works for contemporary times though, seeing that a lot of corny white people are over-running Buddhism and trying to make it into some sort of silly politically correct secularist modernism.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Malcolm wrote: The Masons don't know shit about Buddhadharma, whatever other "mysteries" they may claim to know.
My good friend Gene is a 32'nd degree Mason and Shriner. He has been a Mason for probably 40 years. I have had many conversations with him about various matters. He has never received any information or training about the Buddha or Dharma from the Masons, I can assure you that. My uncle (also named Gene), and brother are also Masons. They don't know anything about Dharma either. So I can confirm this from my own experience with the Masons.

Kevin
Yangtso

Post by Yangtso »

Just read the story about the life when he got the curly hair.
He was meditating on the beach in the hot sun and the snails were
so moved by his compassion that they all climbed onto his head to shield him
from the heat.
Malcolm wrote:
Lhug-Pa wrote:
"The religion of Buddha, of India, is well known to have been very ancient. In the most ancient temples scattered throughout Asia, where his worship is yet continued, he is found black as jet, with the flat face, thick lips, and curly hair of the Negro."

"Stonehenge...temple of the black, curly-headed Buddha." - Master Mason Godfrey Higgins
This citation is obvious nonsense, and racist to boot.

The Masons don't know shit about Buddhadharma, whatever other "mysteries" they may claim to know.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Virgo, I don't know your friend, however most contemporary Freemasons, as Malcolm said, don't know shit. That's why many of them badmouth real Masons like Manly P. Hall 33° the latter of whom did know a good thing or two.

Yangtso, how do you explain the other Merotic (as opposed to Nilotic) features of many ancient depictions of Buddhas around the world?
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Virgo wrote:
Yudron wrote:
Well, I have ideas of what might make women be more likely to participate in this kind of thing, that are based on similar observations to the post by "Undefineable" above. Bottom line, though, is that long time female practitioners would need to be actively involved in the envisioning of the entire project from the base, and their input, different priorities, and mode of expression would need to be respected by the men who wanted to partner on the project. How the resultant site would look under those circumstances would probably be very different. The decision-making process of the moderator's group would be different, and the governance might even be different.
Well it sounds like you've got a lot of interesting ideas. I had not thought of having a site with things set up or run much differently before (perhaps because I am male?). I see you spend a good bit of time here and that you also have a very nice blog going, so it looks like you spend some time online. Why not consider making such a site? I would certainly visit it and participate.

Kevin
I've certainly thought of it. I have some ideas, but I have other priorities for my time for the next six months at least. It's a tough job running a discussion site, and I appreciate the people who are willing to do it. I would be mainly interested in a support site for yogis and yoginis who either do a lot of daily practice or have done one or more longer retreats, because these days there is little support for that, and very earthy real issues come up that are unique to the lifestyle.
Yangtso

Post by Yangtso »

duplicate
Last edited by Yangtso on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yangtso

Post by Yangtso »

lol
maybe when they say everyone was your mother they are referring to the mother clear light?

different disciplines have different meanings for the same word

Bottom line is dharma is dharma.
The Buddha was clear and his monks and nuns practiced austere
discipline of ten virtues.

He gave up the Harem when he left
the palace as it was sensual-ism and led to increased suffering.

Those little boys running around the world having sex with all their students
in their hearts just want to be Buddha in the palace... He was not ordinary
even then and and who were
all those queens in the palace? emanations? gopi milk maids?
sisters??? hummm if this story is anything like the rest its much more
than the ear or was that genital that we are groping at here.
Yangtso

Post by Yangtso »

Last edited by Yangtso on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lhug-Pa wrote:
Yangtso, how do you explain the Merotic (as opposed to Nilotic) features of many ancient depictions of Buddhas around the world?
Buddha statues in Cambodia show Cambodian features. Some black nationalists have decided this proved Buddha was a negro. It is a very silly idea.

Anyone who has studied the history of Buddhist statuary knows there are two sculptural traditions of Buddha statues, Gandharan and Mathuran. The Mathuran tradition is a little later, and is the ancestor of all Theravadin traditions of Buddhist statuary. The Gandharan tradition is the prototype for all Chinese and Mahayāna traditions.

Cambodians are Australasiatics, and their art reflects their ethnicity.

But Negros do not universally have flat faces, thick lips and so on.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Malcolm wrote:But Negros do not universally have flat faces, thick lips and so on.
I know, that's why I differentiated between Merotic and Nilotic.

And it's not only Cambodia where such depictions of Buddhas are found.

H.P. Blavatsky (who took Refuge) mentioned the same style of Buddha statues in Sri Lanka or India (I'll have to look up the citation).

Like I said, perhaps they are depictions of pre-Shakyamuni Dravidian Buddhas, even if they were sculpted long after the said Dravidian Buddha's physical existence.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Or it could even be that Gautama Shakyamuni himself was a Black Man with Merotic features.
Yangtso

Post by Yangtso »

I took refuge too but as of last week I feel like a cross between a rudra and a mara, except wrong sex.
I did once hear of a very high high lama saying such as one he would never dance with.

So back to the topic. I was inundated with this lama sex issue for a couple of years... it was popping up everywhere around
me. I know lots of women who would jump at having sex with a lama or especially a Rinpoche.
And know several who did and they all got way f-ed up by it because it was not a loving, caring committed
equal but opposite relationship.

My conclusion was unless there was a beloved commitment like between Yasodhara and the Shakya what
kind of mandala is being created here? An ordinary samsaric one filled with greed, jealousy and anger?

To give a lama longevity or to bring his bliss up so he can jones a little higher experience is to be a sex slave.
Or maybe some of those girls are emanations from his elders to help him out??? Sounds like
he should practice more austerities. Personally sounds like hell on earth to me to be one of those girls.
If your not an equal your a slave, and true consortsare not boy practice prototypes... but
equals.

The Jakata that hits the point is:
The muni took a second wife as an elephant, she got jealous and desired to be born as a human to kill
him and so she did.

Lhug-Pa wrote:
Malcolm wrote:But Negros do not universally have flat faces, thick lips and so on.
I know, that's why I differentiated the difference between Merotic and Nilotic.

And it's not only Cambodia where such depictions of Buddhas are found.

H.P. Blavatsky (who took Refuge) mentioned the same style of Buddha statues in Sri Lanka or India (I'll have to look up the citation).

Like I said, perhaps they are depictions of pre-Shakyamuni Dravidian Buddhas, even if they were sculpted long after the said Dravidian Buddha's physical existence.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Buddhist and Egyptian Rite Mason H.P. Blavatsky wrote:...the difficulty of the archaeologists still exists, if not in the fact of idols being ascribed to early Buddhists, then in the physiognomies, in the type of all these Enkay-Tenkay Buddhas. They all, from the tiniest to the hugest, are Negroes, with flat noses, thick lips, forty-five degrees of the facial angle, and curly hair! There is not the slightest likeness between these negro faces and any of the Siamese or Tibetan Buddhas, which all have purely Mongolian features and perfectly straight hair. This unexpected African type, unheard of in India, upsets the antiquarians entirely. This is why the archaeologists avoid mentioning these caves.
"Enkay Tenkay" being near Chandvad, India.

E. Valentia Straiton adds on to the above quote in the following page of another old Masonic book:

Celestial Ship of the North

"Some of the early black settlers of India were Egyptian in type."
Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

What do any of these comments have to do with my OP?

And as I said earlier: On other forums Gavin Kilty's essay might have provoked a mature discussion about a problem many believe is a threat to the credibility of dharma in the west. Not here though. I think that's a bit sad.

This thread has become a ridiculous joke.
MODERATORS PLEASE KILL IT.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

As the OP pointed out this has gone far off topic. Topic locked at the op's request.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”