Please welcome Henry to the team!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Chaz

Re: Please welcome Henry to the team!

Post by Chaz »

spiritnoname wrote:I hope this thread isn't locked because of the NKT mention, the thread really isn't about NKT, it's about baseless accusations and dictatorship that E-sangha was well known and was destroyed for.
Same here.

It is my opinion and my opinion ONLY that we lost e-Sangha for those reasons. The site going down due what apeared to be injection attack-related database problems came as no surprise to me.

Besides that, I found the heavy-handed, arbitrary, unfair and at times vindictive moderation practices to be distasteful in the extreme. I would prefer to not see that happen here. If that means keeping former e-sangha moderators off the moderation team, so be it.

And as far as the Tradition Which Shall Not Be Named goes, I couldn't care less. I see the problem as one concerning them and the Gelugs only. I'm a Kagyupa. My allegiance to the Dali Lama lies down the list a ways - after the Karmapa, My Guru and His Guru, in that order respectively. I have not seen or heard anything from those venerables on the subject, one way or the other. What His Holiness chooses to say on the subject is of no interest to me and quite frankly I rather not be bothered by such squabbles.
Last edited by Chaz on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi all,

I really don't know what to tell you, except that Dharma Wheel has been up and functioning for over a year now, and we've been doing just fine. In fact hardly any threads have needed moderation; people here seem to play nice. I'm not aware of any biases towards sects on the part of the moderating/administration team.

Best,
Laura
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Hi all,

I really don't know what to tell you, except that Dharma Wheel has been up and functioning for over a year now, and we've been doing just fine. In fact hardly any threads have needed moderation; people here seem to play nice. I'm not aware of any biases towards sects on the part of the moderating/administration team.

Best,
Laura
Hey Laura, it may be as you say, but bias is shown in the same TOS we all have to read.

I don't have a problem with the TOS and will abide by it, but there is an easily discernable bias.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

This isn't e-sangha, and a representative of Tsem Tulku Rinpoche has advised me that he does not practice Dorje Shugden. H.E. is an incumbent of Gaden Shartse monastery and fully abides with the monastic guidelines and H.H. the Dalai Lama's advice.

Best not to let one's imagination run wild.
spiritnoname wrote:Henry, Namdrol, and some other junkies, and everyone else who didn't say anything about it. Pinned a closed thread about a Gelukpa teacher, H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche with the ending reading that he supported the NKT and basically saying he was a Dorje Shugden supporter if not practitioner.

This kind of thing caused problems all the way in Malaysia where the ladrang and students were told how destructive these people were and to avoid them.

If you let Henry back here you could expect the same kind of attacks and accusations on Gelukpa teachers again.

I was eventually banned while trying to get the admin to see reason and remove that thread.
:ban: For trying to get a accusation with no basis, that the admin had pinned at the top of the Gelukpa section, removed for friends of mine who happen to have H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, who is completely supported by Ganden Shartse Monastery, as their teacher.

I hope this thread isn't locked because of the NKT mention, the thread really isn't about NKT, it's about baseless accusations and dictatorship that E-sangha was well known and was destroyed for.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

I think it would be best to move on. This thread welcoming Henry to the team isn't even relevant now, he's resigned. Let's just make Dharma Wheel a great place :)

So far I think it has been a wonderful place to discuss the dharma and we have some very learned people here.

Best,
Laura
plwk

Post by plwk »

ND-la...
Perhaps this thread has outlived its usefulness and time to cap it? What do you think? :smile:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

plwk wrote:ND-la...
Perhaps this thread has outlived its usefulness and time to cap it? What do you think? :smile:
I tend to agree plwk, thanks for the input.

Best,
Laura

Return to “Introductions”