YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Hello! - Dhamma Wheel

Hello!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Sergiopernas

Hello!

Postby Sergiopernas » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Hello!
My name is Sergio,and I'm from Spain. I've been reading the forum for a while now, and now I've decided to try participating more, so I can grow my understanding.
I've been "reading" on buddhism for a couple of years, initially zen and tibetan texts and commentaries, but the more I deepened my readings, the more disconnected from them I felt. So I thought that to give my mind a fresh start I should go back to the beginning: reading the suttas, and starting a new practice from there. So here I am, I think this is the right place to look for support for this kind of endeavor, am I right?

So, to start, I'll ask some basic questions on the suttas, hopefully on the right forum ;)

See you

bodom

Re: Hello!

Postby bodom » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Welcome Sergiopernas!

:anjali:
To study is to know the texts,
To practice is to know your defilements,
To attain the goal is to know and let go.

- Ajahn Lee Dhammadharo

With mindfulness immersed in the body
well established, restrained
with regard to the six media of contact,
always centered, the monk
can know Unbinding for himself.

- Ud 3.5

https://www.dhammatalks.org/index.html
http://www.ajahnchah.org/

Dharma_Bum

Postby Dharma_Bum » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Welcome :hello:

I once saw His Holiness the Dalai Lama speak and he stated, "In the beginning one should remain skeptical and rely on questioning. One can have trust and confidence in the teachings." Don't feel overwhelmed by reading everything all at once, take your time and actually take in the information you are reading. This forum is filled with friendly people here to help you when you need it. :namaste:

zavk

Postby zavk » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:23 am

Hello and welcome.
With metta,
zavk

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:54 am

Greetings Sergio,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

Return to “Introductions”