Dorje Drolo and Vajrakilaya

Blue Garuda

Re: Dorje Drolo and Vajrakilaya

Post by Blue Garuda »

In replacing Guru Tragphur with Dorje Drollo in, say, the Short Tun, does he act as a direct substitute in the waxing moon phase, or does he also substitute for Simhamukha in the waning phase.

It seems that Yidam practices begin in a similar way to the Tun and continue into the natural state, so presumably the Yidam practice of Dorje Drollo or Guru Tragphur do so as well. I'm assuming this is quite different from their role in the Tun?
Left
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Blue Garuda wrote:In replacing Guru Tragphur with Dorje Drollo in, say, the Short Tun, does he act as a direct substitute in the waxing moon phase, or does he also substitute for Simhamukha in the waning phase.

It seems that Yidam practices begin in a similar way to the Tun and continue into the natural state, so presumably the Yidam practice of Dorje Drollo or Guru Tragphur do so as well. I'm assuming this is quite different from their role in the Tun?
Direct substitute.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Malcolm wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:In replacing Guru Tragphur with Dorje Drollo in, say, the Short Tun, does he act as a direct substitute in the waxing moon phase, or does he also substitute for Simhamukha in the waning phase.

Direct substitute.
That's good, I had interpreted it that way, but then had a doubt about the place of Simhamukha once Drollo was introduced. Thanks for all your answers, Malcolm. :)
Left
pawel

Post by pawel »

mutsuk wrote:Maybe, but then you should understand that it's not the way it is for Bonpos. Ati Muwer is a peaceful dharmakaya form. THere is no other Ati Muwer in Bon...and no tiger around him.
Hi! This story doesn't mean Ati Muwer is not peaceful; precisely the tale has it that the deity manifested a fierce form in the form of tigress.
Do you know that Sidpa Gyalmo is a manifestation of Sherab Chamma? There's no problem for a peaceful deity to manifest a fierce aspect.

Return to “Nyingma”