Large random shooting in Colorado

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
ClearblueSky

Large random shooting in Colorado

Post by ClearblueSky »

There has been what appears to be a random shooting in Colorado at one of the Dark Knight Rises premiers. As of now there are 14 confirmed dead and at least 50 injured. I'm sure there will be more updates soon. Your prayers are very important and appreciated in such a horrible situation.
plwk

Re: Large random shooting in Colorado

Post by plwk »

phpBB [video]
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

I have long loved movies, especially one's like this. It has been hard for me to come to terms with the fact that they are bad karma, as entertainments. But for the makers and actors, whoa. First was Heath Ledger's suicide, which was directly connected to his role as Joker. Now this. Yet, I bet they are going to make more money than ever. It's a death cult. Movies are like a cult of death and absurdity. It's the biggest religion on the planet right now.
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

The general level of psychotic behaviour in humanity these last few decades seems to be getting worse and worse. That's what I wonder after hearing about these kinds of incidents.

One might argue people have always been equally prone to insanity, but now they possess the tools to be more destructive.

It might actually be that afflictions are increasing in the general human population, not decreasing. The desire that much modern culture inherently provokes in people alters the mind and one's physiology. Consumerism, advertising, feelings of self-entitlement and environmental conditioning are all beyond anything that ever existed in human history. We also live in a heavily toxic environment which no doubt affects mental states.

It isn't just limited to the west, either. In China a few years ago there was a spat of individual men going into schools and randomly stabbing children. Similar incidents occur in Japan.

On a more occult level it is said that the divine thread which keeps demonic forces in bondage is being more and more severed. This was foretold by some prophecies about our age of decline. This is also described in the Hindu literature as well.

It consequently follows that things will only get worse, not better.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

The killer is 24.

I wonder if his age matches up with attendance at nearby Columbine school, or if he was in some way affected.
Left
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Effect are related to cause ... and conditions. American laws regarding weapons is the main condition. It has already happen and it will happen again, everybody knows that ... and that's the real point.
How many from those who die were in favor of freedom for weapons?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

The problem is deeper than weapons. Don't forget the zombies. A naked man chewed off a homeless man's entire face in Florida. A man in Pennsylvania disemboweled himself and threw his intestines at the police. In Texas, a woman ate her baby's toes. In California, a man mutilated his own genitals. All this happened in the past few months. Authorities thought it was a new strain of party drugs, but it turned out it wasn't. The cause is epidemic blood lust. If this killer didn't have a gun, he could have made a bomb very easily. It's the games, the movies, the media, everything is saturating people with the lust for blood. Maybe it's some kind of radiation. Something is going very wrong. I feel like life is going to imitate art and Bane will have his day. It almost feels like a reckoning from nature. Maybe we are about to find out how the Earth maintains its own balance.
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

Let's not go overboard about with wacky theories. Terrible things have always happened everyday around the world. Because of the internet and television, we can just very quickly become aware of it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

deepbluehum wrote:The cause is epidemic blood lust.
No, I think the cause is gdon, spirit provocations.

M
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

Isn't it likely more obivous tangible non-demonic causes?
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

All provocations are ultimately internal. I feel like I honed in on it. The theme that keeps coming up in the media is a longing for apocalypse. All the themes of randomness and ambiguity are feeding into a longing for disorder and chaos. It's a giant social death wish. We need to counter this with the brightness of spirituality. Many on this forum, myself including, have a dour view of the world. I feel like this is wrong. It's time to be inspiring.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Malcolm wrote:

M

Are there practices which may help remotely, or do such practices need to be performed in the locality?

I hope someone is performing Phowa for the deceased as well.
Left
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Dorje Drollo is the most effective, remotely or otherwise.
s.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Stewart wrote:Dorje Drollo is the most effective, remotely or otherwise.
OK. :)

I've been doing a lot of Tragphur lately, I'll do more Drollo practice if it is the most effective.

We need these practices to spread.
Left
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

I'm sure Drakphur is effective too.
s.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Blue Garuda wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

M

Are there practices which may help remotely,
stop to promote stupid tv movies about war and heroes and vampires and so on, stop promoting weapons and glorify wars and soldiers ... and many others of the kind.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

Malcolm wrote:

M

In your mind what is the cause of said provocations on the rise?
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

The Dark Knight Rises

Openning sequence: Incridible booming shoot-out in a sawed plane before the freefall.
Latter: Bane, the bad guy, and his Russian speaking team rush in Wall Street and potshot on everything moving in this capitalist hive ...

What did you expect? ... certainly this movie will bring a lot of money to producer and actors. Spirit provocations ... Amen!

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
plwk

Post by plwk »

:thinking:
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

May all beings be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering!
This is not the wrong life.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”