YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Hello friends. - Dhamma Wheel

Hello friends.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
integral

Hello friends.

Postby integral » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:36 am

Hello, I am a seventeen year old male living in southern Arkansas. I have been loosly studying many aspects of buddhism for some time now, but I have come to realize that I can not fully learn or understand the teachings of the buddha without the guidance of another person. Conisdering the fact that most people in my area do not know what buddhism is, and the fact that I have never meet a buddhist, I feel that I may be lost and able to fully understand buddhism. This is why I am here.
:hello:
Never believe something without first questioning its validity. Even the word of the buddha.

Euclid

Re: Hello friends.

Postby Euclid » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 am

Hi there! Welcome to the community. You'll find plenty of people here, monastics and lay people alike, who will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

First of all, may I direct you to . Perhaps there's a monastery close to where you live!

bodom

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 am

Welcome Integral!

:anjali:
To study is to know the texts,
To practice is to know your defilements,
To attain the goal is to know and let go.

- Ajahn Lee Dhammadharo

With mindfulness immersed in the body
well established, restrained
with regard to the six media of contact,
always centered, the monk
can know Unbinding for himself.

- Ud 3.5

https://www.dhammatalks.org/index.html
http://www.ajahnchah.org/

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:59 am

Greetings Integral,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

integral

Postby integral » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:21 am

Never believe something without first questioning its validity. Even the word of the buddha.

Kim OHara

Postby Kim OHara » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:00 am

Welcome, Integral :hello:

If you haven't got any opportunity to learn from people in your area, DW is good for questions and answers.
Access to Insight is great for answers. You might like to start with this page: .
:namaste:
Kim

Return to “Introductions”