A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hello from California
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 am 

Hi everyone,

New member here. My name's Aaron (Pema Tsultrim). I'm a married Genyen/Upasaka with 4 kids living in Southern California, but moving to New Mexico USA imminently for work as a school teacher there. I've been practicing Tibetan Buddhism since 2000, mainly in the Nyingma tradition but with a non-sectarian outlook. I was an ordained monk for a short time at Namdroling Monastery in South India under H.H. Penor Rinpoche and Khenchen Pema Sherab (my abbot). Now a sincere practitioner who sincerely struggles on the householder's path to be the best I can be, always happy to connect with other practitioners of all Buddhist traditions, both monastics and non-monastics. I have immense respect for sincere of members both sanghas, having lived both lifestyles. Having seen bias from both sanghas over their counterparts, I think that behavior is very silly and contrary to Buddha's teachings.

That's just a bit about myself and where I'm coming from. My main teachers (if anyone is interested):

H.E. Dagmo Jamyang Sakya: My first refuge lama, we always try to see her when she comes around. She's been a lama for my wife and me both and seen all our kids grow up/be born. Such an inspiration!

B. Alan Wallace: My wife's and my mentor at UCSB during our undergrad work in Religious Studies (both studied there at different times before we met) and one of the main reasons my wife and I each became buddhists. He continues to be an encouragement, inspiration, and source of experienced advice on our path.

H.H. Penor Rinpoche, Ven. Yangthang Tulku Rinpoche: Were/Are Living Buddhas for absolute certain in my eyes

Ven. Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche and Ven. Tulku Orgyen P'huntsok Rinpoche (Vairotsana Foundation): They (especially Tulku Orgyen) have guided me most closely and shown me the greatest kindness (and patience) of all my lamas!

I enjoy Tibetan calligraphy as a devotional/meditation practice and as an offering for teacher, sangha and friends.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the boards!

P.T.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am 

Much respect for your background :bow: Here's a welcome from California!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:

Dhamma Wheel forum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:19 pm 

Welcome!
:hi: