Next Transmission

michaela

Next Transmission

Post by michaela »

Hi all,

I have received World Wide Transmission approximately two and a half years ago together with other members but it was on the anniversary of Guru Garab Dorje.
I visited Sangha regularly. Now I am in a phase of practising alone.
I would like to repeat transmission on this Saturday via webcast,but I've got just booklet from my first transmission on the day of Garab Dorje at home.
Do you know if there are any important differences in this transmission on the anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava? I guess there will be invocation of Guru Padmasambhava instead of Guru Garab Dorje:) but I haven't got text of it. Anything else?

Also I have just noticed that there is a text and explanation of Guru Garab Dorje transmission on webcast site which is accesible to wide public, but not the one on the day of anniversary of Guru Padmasabhava. Don't you now about something like that? (I am so lucky to own the text which can be downloaded and not the second one which I cannot find at all:)

I am sooo happy that Song Of Vajra and Gurujoga exists, it ensures I will be able to do something "at least" :)

Thanks a lot
Michaela
Blue Garuda

Re: Next Transmission

Post by Blue Garuda »

Is there a time which has been arranged for this on Saturday?

I had in my mind that it was 3 a.m. UK time.

Not sure if it will be open or closed webcast.
Left
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Hi Michaela,
if you dont already have them it would be helpful for you to get the Guruyoga book and the WWT DVD.
Although if you have Guruyoga of the white A and Song of Vajra you almost dont need anything else. It has taken me a while of watching the webcasts and Rinpoche saying that over and over again to get it through my thick head but I am finally getting it. Good luck
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

The WWT is always open.
s.
michaela

Post by michaela »

OK, thanks for advices. Actually I didn't know about DVD - I will order it.

Accordings information what was send to me through our Czech community e-mails it should start at 5.00 a.m.
And I guess Czech Republic and UK are in the same time zone..
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

michaela wrote:OK, thanks for advices. Actually I didn't know about DVD - I will order it.

Accordings information what was send to me through our Czech community e-mails it should start at 5.00 a.m.
No idea. LOL :)

I know that we are plus an extra hour due to British Summer Time (GMT+1)

So it may be 4.a.m. UK time. I plan on staying up all night anyway :)
Left
ollers

Post by ollers »

It says in the WWT book that its supposed to be july 28, at 13.00 PM, European time.
Maybe it needs to be adjusted for summertime ?
Someone knows if this is correct, or have better and reliable info about this ?
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

ollers wrote:It says in the WWT book that its supposed to be july 28, at 13.00 PM, European time.
I read on the Australian site that it was at 13.00 AEST (i.e. Aistralian time, not European) .

I also saw 23.00 in the USA (EDT) on 27th.

I think this makes it 4.a.m in the UK (currently GMT +1).

Why can't the website for webcasts actually show the times in advance - it is still showing the last webcast, and you can't even see that outdated information unless you log in.

There's nothing about this webcast or the Dark Blue Garuda one which starts on 25th. Pretty poor.

It's surely not a big thing to do?
Left
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

Blue Garuda wrote:
ollers wrote:It says in the WWT book that its supposed to be july 28, at 13.00 PM, European time.
I read on the Australian site that it was at 13.00 AEST (i.e. Aistralian time, not European) .

I also saw 23.00 in the USA (EDT) on 27th.

I think this makes it 4.a.m in the UK (currently GMT +1).

Why can't the website for webcasts actually show the times in advance - it is still showing the last webcast, and you can't even see that outdated information unless you log in.

There's nothing about this webcast or the Dark Blue Garuda one which starts on 25th. Pretty poor.

It's surely not a big thing to do?
You are right about the times. As you note, the Tsegyalgar website gives the date as the 27th of this month, and the time as 11 pm EDT, translates as 5 am South African time (also places like Cairo, Helsinki, Athens, Vilnius, Ankara and Jerusalem, all GMT +2) and 4 am British summer time. It certainly is difficult to find information. The Tibetan calendar gives dates of the webcasts, presumably for Italy.

The Guruyoga book gives a set of times for the webcasts per time-zone on page 143, but I'm not sure that these are completely accurate. The times by time-zone given for the Anniversary of Padmasambhava in the lists of times in the Guruyoga book (which presumably replicates the WWT booklet) replicatse those for the anniversary of Adzom Drugpa differs from those for the Anniversary of Garab Dorje. However, in the narrative which precedes the lists of times, Rinpoche the times for the webcasts on Garab Dorje's and Padmasambhava's anniversaries are the same (08:00 in Oddiyana -- in effect, Islamabad-time), and differ from the times for the webcasts on the anniversary of Adzom Drugpa. They also fail to take daylight saving time into account -- the table was probably drawn up before it came to be used in many places. I'm not sure whether or how daylight saving time comes into it when it is summer in the northern hemisphere. It is confusing -- the lists of times need to be corrected and updated to take daylight-saving time into account where applicable.
Dukkham eva hi, na koci dukkhito,
kaarako na, kiriyaa va vijjati,
atthi nibbuti, na nibbuto pumaa,
maggam atthi, gamako na vijjati

Suffering there certainly is, but no sufferer,
no doer, though certainly the deed is found.
peace is achieved, but no-one's appeased,
the way is walked, but no walker's to be found.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
krodha

Post by krodha »

I'm pretty sure the worldwide transmissions are at the same time every time, it's whenever the sun rises in the oddiyana area (or perhaps a different location I can't remember) but its the same time every time.
krodha

Post by krodha »

Sally Gross wrote:They also fail to take daylight saving time into account -- the table was probably drawn up before it came to be used in many places. I'm not sure whether or how daylight saving time comes into it when it is summer in the northern hemisphere. It is confusing -- the lists of times need to be corrected and updated to take daylight-saving time into account where applicable.
It's based off of the lunar cycles which is an accurate way of measuring time that doesn't require adjusting for daylight savings like the Julian calendar the west (unfortunately) adopted.
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

asunthatneversets wrote:
Sally Gross wrote:They also fail to take daylight saving time into account -- the table was probably drawn up before it came to be used in many places. I'm not sure whether or how daylight saving time comes into it when it is summer in the northern hemisphere. It is confusing -- the lists of times need to be corrected and updated to take daylight-saving time into account where applicable.
It's based off of the lunar cycles which is an accurate way of measuring time that doesn't require adjusting for daylight savings like the Julian calendar the west (unfortunately) adopted.
That is as may be, but converting from a time in a given time zone to another time-zone -- as in the list of times by time-zone -- unavoidably needs to take daylight saving time into account. People's watches and clocks tend to follow the Western system rather than the lunar cycles, alas, and tables of times compiled for convenience need to take that into account.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

asunthatneversets wrote:I'm pretty sure the worldwide transmissions are at the same time every time, it's whenever the sun rises in the oddiyana area (or perhaps a different location I can't remember) but its the same time every time.
In the material bearing upon the WWT in the Guruyoga book, Rinpoche says that both the Garab Dorje and Padmasambhava anniversary webcasts start at around 08:00 Oddiyana time, but that the Adzom Drugpa anniversary webcast time is determined by the time of his parinirvana, which was at 19:00 in east Tibet according to his biography, which is something like 17:00 in India.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

michaela wrote:OK, thanks for advices. Actually I didn't know about DVD - I will order it.

Actually, I think if you just download the e-book "Guruyoga" from the Italian SSI site, that has all the texts and explanations you need for all 3 WWT days. The most recent version of the Tun book also has great illustrations of the rather simple mudras used in guruyoga and which are the same ones used in WWT.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
krodha

Post by krodha »

Sally Gross wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:
That is as may be, but converting from a time in a given time zone to another time-zone -- as in the list of times by time-zone -- unavoidably needs to take daylight saving time into account. People's watches and clocks tend to follow the Western system rather than the lunar cycles, alas, and tables of times compiled for convenience need to take that into account.
True.
windoverwater

Post by windoverwater »

I am a new member in the Dzogchen Community, and have not yet received my member ID, webcast log in info, etc.

The folks in the office have not responded to emails I've sent requesting this information. I'm concerned about missing this WWT because when I click on the webcast link on the Tsegyalgar site, I get redirected to a page requiring a membership ID and log in details.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks. :anjali:

(I have purchased a copy of "Guruyoga" from SSI, and read through the introductory chapters, and the explanation of the Guru Rinpoche guruyoga that will be the basis of the upcoming WWT. Just not sure how to navigate the making the webcast connection.)
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

windoverwater wrote:I'm concerned about missing this WWT because when I click on the webcast link on the Tsegyalgar site, I get redirected to a page requiring a membership ID and log in details.
Hi, since these transmissions are open broadcasts you should be able to access them simply by visiting http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at the time (or a few hours before) the broadcast. Currently, you will probably get redirected.

Kevin
florin

Post by florin »

windoverwater wrote:I am a new member in the Dzogchen Community, and have not yet received my member ID, webcast log in info, etc.

The folks in the office have not responded to emails I've sent requesting this information. I'm concerned about missing this WWT because when I click on the webcast link on the Tsegyalgar site, I get redirected to a page requiring a membership ID and log in details.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks. :anjali:

(I have purchased a copy of "Guruyoga" from SSI, and read through the introductory chapters, and the explanation of the Guru Rinpoche guruyoga that will be the basis of the upcoming WWT. Just not sure how to navigate the making the webcast connection.)
the last webcast was a restricted webcast and that is why you see the page where it asks for your login details
As Virgo pointed out the WW transmissions are public and the page will be open for access to anybody.
Probably they'll open the page just a few hours before the webcast.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

The easiest way for converting time worldwide:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
windoverwater

Post by windoverwater »

Thanks for the help in clarifying why I was seeing a restricted access message on the webcast site.

Return to “Dzogchen”