Mahamudra in the UK?

underthetree

Mahamudra in the UK?

Post by underthetree »

A quick question:

Does anyone know of anyone giving non-Gelug mahamudra teachings in the UK, or any upcoming teachings over here?

Thanks in advance.
heart

Re: Mahamudra in the UK?

Post by heart »

underthetree wrote:A quick question:

Does anyone know of anyone giving non-Gelug mahamudra teachings in the UK, or any upcoming teachings over here?

Thanks in advance.
You just missed this http://www.gomde.org.uk/seminars-and-re ... -p-22.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche teach Mahamudra now and then. Also Mingyur Rinpoche, but he is in retreat right now. Then there is Samye Ling and probably a bunch of other places.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
underthetree

Post by underthetree »

Thanks, Magnus. I'm a big admirer of Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - I did know he was coming but as travelling up to Lindholme is beyond my means in terms of finances/time I kind of put it out of my mind... Next time. I went to see Ringu Tulku Rinpoche last week - a wonderful being and I got to spend some time in his presence, but no teachings on mahamudra, alas! I'd plucked up my courage to ask him some things but there was no opportunity.

A new Drikung Kagyu centre has just opened in Scotland - just a couple of months ago. The opposite end of the country from me but if the teachings are there...
heart

Post by heart »

underthetree wrote:Thanks, Magnus. I'm a big admirer of Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - I did know he was coming but as travelling up to Lindholme is beyond my means in terms of finances/time I kind of put it out of my mind... Next time. I went to see Ringu Tulku Rinpoche last week - a wonderful being and I got to spend some time in his presence, but no teachings on mahamudra, alas! I'd plucked up my courage to ask him some things but there was no opportunity.

A new Drikung Kagyu centre has just opened in Scotland - just a couple of months ago. The opposite end of the country from me but if the teachings are there...
Sometimes you have to go for it all by yourself. Just ask in a respectful way.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
underthetree

Post by underthetree »

Sometimes you have to go for it all by yourself.
I know, I know... I'm one of those people who finds the sangha very off-putting. I see the people surrounding/guarding 'their' lama and I just fade.
heart

Post by heart »

underthetree wrote:
I know, I know... I'm one of those people who finds the sangha very off-putting. I see the people surrounding/guarding 'their' lama and I just fade.
Courage is your best friend, the Sangha don't own the Guru you know.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

underthetree

Post by underthetree »

heart wrote:
underthetree wrote:
Courage is your best friend, the Sangha don't own the Guru you know.

/magnus
Nicely put. Thank you. I'm encouraged.
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Suggest you check out the events page of Kagyu Samye Ling Monastery in Scotland:

http://www.samyeling.org
This is not the wrong life.
philji

Post by philji »

The Palpung centre in south Wales runs mahamudra/ngondro and entering the path weekends. See Palpung.org.uk for more info. Mingyur rinpoche taught there and is their guide. Lama rabsang is the resident lama and has been taught personally by mingyur rinpoche and tai situ rinpoche....in oct there is a weekend of teaching.
philji

Post by philji »

A new Mahamudra course beginning n November. It is being given by Phakchok Rinpoche at Gomde UK in Doncaster. It will be taught over a number of years and will begin wit the four ordinary foundations. a great opportunity.

Return to “Mahamudra”