Explanation of the Dzogchen symbol ~ What does it mean?

krodha

Re: Explanation of the Dzogchen symbol ~ What does it mean?

Post by krodha »

Wesley1982 wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:
Is that a reference to that tree metaphor I posted last week? Are you speaking metaphorically? If you're not I'm thoroughly confused! If you're being literal I don't know what that has to do with the topic, but that is cool you have gardening and tree landscaping type skills, I can mow a lawn but that's about it.

It would be alot like trimming a tree for a Buddha to meditate underneath in the shade. (the sun comes out and it gets hot)
Well if it's shade you want you need not trim my friend, the shade is always there, just need to find the right place to sit. Ha I covered the metaphorical and literal with that one, I still don't know which one we're employing at the moment. We're certainly going out on a limb though, perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree but if topics like these help you to branch out and get to the root of things I'm all for it. Getting out of the woods is the most important thing (all puns and metaphors intended). :tongue:

phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W6JgnCFezo
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

asunthatneversets wrote:
Wesley1982 wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:
Is that a reference to that tree metaphor I posted last week? Are you speaking metaphorically? If you're not I'm thoroughly confused! If you're being literal I don't know what that has to do with the topic, but that is cool you have gardening and tree landscaping type skills, I can mow a lawn but that's about it.

It would be alot like trimming a tree for a Buddha to meditate underneath in the shade. (the sun comes out and it gets hot)
Well if it's shade you want you need not trim my friend, the shade is always there, just need to find the right place to sit. Ha I covered the metaphorical and literal with that one, I still don't know which one we're employing at the moment. We're certainly going out on a limb though, perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree but if topics like these help you to branch out and get to the root of things I'm all for it. Getting out of the woods is the most important thing (all puns and metaphors intended). :tongue:
hmmhm yea generally if someone is doing law enforcement or detective work I would be sure to relay the necessary info to them. (whatever it might be)
krodha

Post by krodha »

Law enforcement! Wes, I love you man and I'm glad you post on here (so forgive me), but have you perhaps taken a hit of some high powered sh*t in the past half hour or so? Because upon re-evaluating the discussion that has transpired here today, the inquiring mind may come to the conclusion that you're higher than a giraffe's ding dong right now. But, could be wrong.
krodha

Post by krodha »

Ok so how do detectives or law enforcement fit into this?
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Looks like we are drifting (metaphorically) :offtopic: any further gibberish :oops: *slaps own wrists* I mean :offtopic: posts will be removed without further notice.

:focus: "Explanation of the Dzogchen symbol - What does it mean?"

Regards,
krodha

Post by krodha »

Tara wrote:Looks like we are drifting (metaphorically) :offtopic: any further gibberish :oops: *slaps own wrists* I mean :offtopic: posts will be removed without further notice.

Regards,
No need to slap your own wrist (metaphorically, literally or actually), gibberish is a sound assessment(I'm fluent) :tongue: Wes and I will behave and get back to discussing rainbow colored thigles.

phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

The "A" syllable represents the union of all teachers and all the teachers represent prajnaparamita as taught by Buddha in the Prajnaparamita Sutra of a Single Letter and the PP Sutra of a Single Sound. What this means is that all the wisdom in all the hundreds of thousands of verses of Buddha's sutras are condensed in this one letter and its sound.

The five colors represents essence of five elements, meaning the five wisdoms and the five buddha families. Thus we have sound, lights and rays, and thus the symbol is the most condensed and profound meaning of Dzogchen Atiyoga. It is not just a symbol of Dzogchen but if you receive it as a transmission from the guru, it is a profound daily practice of guru yoga.

It is THE MOST profound of all Dzogchen methods. It is the direct introduction to the nature of mind; it is the way to overcome doubts and the way to self-liberate every negativity. Thus it is the essence of Garab Dorje's three statements. It is also the way to play with the dakinis in your dreams. You should listen to Rinpoche teach this method and you will instantly realize its many benefits.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Off topic posts removed.

:focus: " Explanation of the Dzogchen symbol ~ What does it mean?"
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

ChNNR discussed the thigle again this weekend in Los Angeles, which I was lucky enough to attend in person. From what I remember, the white Ah represents kadag and the rainbow circle represents lhungrub. I believe he explained kadag as the Dzogchen view of emptiness: primoridal purity. And (I believe) he explained lhungrub to be our "infinite potentiality." I also remember he was saying the rainbow is in the shape of a circle, because corners are said to be limitations in ancient India/Tibet. A circle is a figure "without corners" that represents something with no limitations.
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

Learning how to properly pronounce the word gives insight to its meaning. -dzog-chen-
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Wesley1982 wrote:Learning how to properly pronounce the word gives insight to its meaning. -dzog-chen-
As does learning how to pronounce the A.
Pero

Post by Pero »

I'm afraid that just by becoming a DC member will not bring you any closer to realization.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Regards,
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

It must mean the beginning of language . . or the interpretation of a common symbol
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

Wesley1982 wrote:It must mean the beginning of language .
Could be that yes. Glad to see you posting here Wesley.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

were the dzogchen people nomadic tribesmen and wanderers?..

Return to “Dzogchen”