Have you ever "looked inside" the mind of a Billionaire?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Have you ever "looked inside" the mind of a Billionaire?

Post by kirtu »

asunthatneversets wrote: Money rules everything, many of us have been reduced to hamsters running on a wheel, chasing paychecks to get by.
Some of us live in primitive societies where we may starve in the streets. Securing resources is necessary.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Wesley1982 wrote:Just wondering, have you ever "looked inside" the mind a Billionaire?..
If self-made - I've heard the make-up is similar to that of the 'psychopath' brain... I can't comment on inherited wealth, which from what I was looking at recently, composes the majority of billionaires.
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
undefineable

Post by undefineable »

Ogyen wrote:
Wesley1982 wrote:Just wondering, have you ever "looked inside" the mind a Billionaire?..
If self-made - I've heard the make-up is similar to that of the 'psychopath' brain... I can't comment on inherited wealth, which from what I was looking at recently, composes the majority of billionaires.
Yep; I'm sure we're often talking about [honorary] members of the asura realm with human-realm bodies, such being the vagaries of karmic conditioning. On the other hand, it's amazing how one's ways of being can shape one's mind, as much as the reverse may be more usual.

Sometimes I fantasize that the hardcore dukkha associated with 'the human condition' were erased (in this world atleast) via a mass extermination of all Humanity by a sociopathic elite of former bankers, stockbrokers, and corporate chiefs {And let's not deceive ourselves by denying the fact that the above scenario is obviously highly likely to play out within a generation, given the current economic situation}. But then I remind myself how excruciatingly boring life must be without human emotions and sensitivities, and -for those billionaires especially- with nothing further to aim for in life, however much positive karma may have been needed to overcome the vulnerabilities of mind through the course of one's previous lives. I imagine all of this is why the relative position of the asura realm varies within different presentations of the six-realms model of samsara.

Imagining how things must appear to the mind of a billionaire, ordinary human beings appear to be, sorry to say, pretty pathetic little cockroaches whose destruction by oneself would be -even if deliberate- barely noticeable, even as the act of mercy it might appear to be on reflection. It's self-evidently the case that acquiring and dealing with wealth increases one's mental complexity and sophistication -the size of one's functioning self if you will- exponentially. Ofcourse, one's genetic makeup at birth influences the capacity of one's mind to develop and integrate complex structures of understanding, and thereby one's ability to do those things, hence (I imagine) the prophecy at Gautama's birth that the child would become either a Buddha or the sole ruler of the world. I think there's a distinction to be drawn here between higher beings, whose minds are almost infinitely subdivided into the various functions that pull their activities together (imagine each neuron of your brain being wired to various points in the outside world), and lower beings whose minds are somewhat mushier, among humans as well as among sentient beings in general. {Since all human beings (apart from certain results of Pakistani inbreeding customs) have the same outsize brains, I imagine the overall 'switched-on' capacity of mind to be roughly the same amongst them, however; 'blotting out' of sentience by instinct (and simpler brains) would then appear to be a characteristic of the animal realm.}

As for enlightened beings, I believe Padmasambhava said 'My view may be as high as the sky, but my attention to phenomena is as fine as flour' - Sort of combines the spacey, mushy quality of a lower human mind (like my own btw) with the penetrating precision of a higher one _ _
you wore out your welcome with random precision {Pink Floyd}
krodha

Post by krodha »

kirtu wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote: Money rules everything, many of us have been reduced to hamsters running on a wheel, chasing paychecks to get by.
Some of us live in primitive societies where we may starve in the streets. Securing resources is necessary.

Kirt
But of course, how one relates to securing those resources is where the problem lies. In many societies it's been set up so you have to play the game if you desire the amenities and standards we've been conditioned to require. And there's nothing wrong with that, most people would rather live comfortably, myself included. But do we see it for what it is? As a game? Do we treat money like the convention it is? Or are we caught up in the game, swept away by it and thoroughly identify with it?

Bill Hicks puts it well:
phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkhR8suCF4

Mr. Hicks clearly had some profound realizations himself...
phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJPdenxVlw
Last edited by krodha on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
undefineable

Post by undefineable »

I just found that Padma quote by coincidence in another translation in another thread:

“My view is high as the sky, but my concern for the results of actions is as fine as flour.”
you wore out your welcome with random precision {Pink Floyd}
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Virgo wrote:West Coast Wu Tang is very spiritual too:

phpBB [video]
I used to listen to Northstar, Christ-Bearer, and Holocaust/Warcloud too (they're also featured on G-Clef's Masonic Hip-Hop album).

And Jedi Mind Tricks has collaborated with a West Coast Masonic Hip-Hop group called Randam Luck (was never a huge fan of the latter's music though).

Virgo wrote:One of my close friends is a 32'nd degree Mason (also some family members are Masons, one even a Shriner as well).
The Shriners, and Masons in general who have studied for so many years; are known as Muslim Sons in the Nation of Islam.

Virgo wrote:I grew up around a few guys who were that.
Well you grew up in New York (correct?), so I'm sure you did. I grew up in Utah, so I was maybe the only one. I knew a few kids who had a little bit of an idea of the said teachings from listening to Hip-Hop; but I've never met anyone in Utah who learned as much as I did about it, or who learned anything at all about the Ausar-Auset Society teachings.

Anyhow, I wonder how literal the N.O.I. and Nation of Gods & Earths teachings were meant to be anyway?

Amir Fatir doesn't take them literally:

http://amirfatir.tripod.com/sitebuilder ... fitrah.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://amirfatir.tripod.com/sitebuilder ... _islam.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Hey Lhug-Pa :D
Lhug-Pa wrote:I used to listen to Northstar, Christ-Bearer, and Holocaust/Warcloud too (they're also featured on G-Clef's Masonic Hip-Hop album).

And Jedi Mind Tricks has collaborated with a West Coast Masonic Hip-Hop group called Randam Luck (was never a huge fan of the latter's music though).
Sweet.

Lhug-Pa wrote:
Virgo wrote:One of my close friends is a 32'nd degree Mason (also some family members are Masons, one even a Shriner as well).
The Shriners, and Masons in general who have studied for so many years; are known as Muslim Sons, in the Nation of Islam.
Well Gene has been a Freemason since he was a teenager and he is in his 60's now, and he is a real example of what a man can be-- he is truly wise, and intelligent, and is a true gentleman is the truest since of the word. He is inspirational. I cannot say enough about him. You don't meat great men everyday, whether his being a 32'nd degree Mason and this are related or not I don't really know, but I suspect they must be.
Lhug-Pa wrote:
Virgo wrote:I grew up around a few guys who were that.
Well you grew up in New York (correct?)/quote], Queens [county].
Lhug-Pa wrote: Anyhow, I wonder how literal the N.O.I. and Nation of Gods & Earths teachings were meant to be anyway?

Amir Fatir doesn't take them literally:

http://amirfatir.tripod.com/sitebuilder ... fitrah.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://amirfatir.tripod.com/sitebuilder ... _islam.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have no idea. All i remember is a lot of "what up God", "Knowledge, God, Equality", "my cypher is spinning", and a lot of stuff like that. But they were cool to hang out with.
Kevin
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

The group I liked the most from that genre was the Gravediggaz.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Etcetera.

Kevin
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Virgo wrote:Hey Lhug-Pa :D
Hey Virgo. I just listened to the first track you posted all the way through. Pro Leader has a unique flow, although Christ Bearer shined the most there:

"It's all cause and effect/everything is emptiness the central concept/even as they vividly manifest in space & time/all things are projections created by the mind" - Christ Bearer

Virgo wrote:
Lhug-Pa wrote:The Shriners, and Masons in general who have studied for so many years; are known as Muslim Sons in the Nation of Islam.
Well Gene has been a Freemason since he was a teenager and he is in his 60's now, and he is a real example of what a man can be-- he is truly wise, and intelligent, and is a true gentleman is the truest since of the word. He is inspirational. I cannot say enough about him. You don't meat great men everyday, whether his being a 32'nd degree Mason and this are related or not I don't really know, but I suspect they must be.
They very well could be.

I see (Free)Masonry as a platform. Although it may make good men better, as they say; I think that it can also make bad men worse. :stirthepot: :spy:

Most members (no acronym-pun intended) belong to the outer or visible order either way:

http://moorishworld.tripod.com/id43.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/roscrucia ... rigins.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyhow I'm glad to hear that Masonry has made your good friend better. :cheers:

Virgo wrote:I have no idea. All i remember is a lot of "what up God", "Knowledge, God, Equality", "my cypher is spinning", and a lot of stuff like that. But they were cool to hang out with.
Well Supreme Mathematics is another way of putting Kabbalah.

For example:

Knowledge = 1 = Kether, God = 7 = Netzach, Equality = 6 = Tiphereth, Cypher = 0 = Ain Soph, etc.

The Nation of Gods and Earths also has aspects of Moorish Science, Sufism, etc. and I've talked to Gods and Earths who study Metu Neter, Tantra, Yoruba, and Buddha Dharma.

I use to listen to that Gravediggaz album three or four times a week for like two years lol

At least a member or two of the Gravediggaz are Masons as well by the way (who used to be members of Stetsasonic).

phpBB [video]
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Only a freemason would wear an outfit like that!!!
Wanna pull the thread back on topic or what??? :focus:
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

gregkavarnos wrote: Wanna pull the thread back on topic or what??? :focus:
:namaste:
What is the topic?

Kevin
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Lhug-Pa wrote: I use to listen to that Gravediggaz album three or four times a week for like two years lol
Yes, it's interesting stuff.

Kevin
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Also, if you loo at the video of Pro and Christ Bearer that I posted, you will see that it is filmed at an actual observatory (It looks like it is Griffith Observatory in California, USA), and at 2:22 in the video it looks like perhaps visitors or perhaps actual astronomers walk by on the grounds.

Kevin
Last edited by Virgo on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I prefer Caribou right now.

phpBB [video]

I worked for millionaires but only one billionaire. They were rather average, but significantly more free They are not all psychopaths. It's generally pegged a two times the rate of the general population.

Anyway, back off topic.
phpBB [video]
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Yeah it's a cool video Virgo.

Just saw this suggested at the end of that Northstar/Pro Leader video:

phpBB [video]

I didn't know there was a music video for that Gravediggaz song.

RZA there with some Wu-Tang Kung-Fu action. :yinyang: :sage:

It's funny, one of the Gravediggaz in that song^ makes a reference to the 32° of Freemasonry being below freezing (i.e. a Muslim Son is often a Shriner or at least 33°, that is, just above freezing).

*Nonetheless, I've been told that one doesn't have to be a member of any physical Masonic Lodge in order to be a Muslim Son. One just has to study*

Nemo

As I've mentioned to Virgo recently, I actually prefer the Sikh Shabads of Bhai Joginder Singh these days:

phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Virgo wrote:What is the topic?
Well, it's definitely not: "Crypto Masonic New Age Hip-Hop music and Loch Ness space vehicles. Please discuss!" :alien:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

kirtu wrote:

Kirt
Some have choose to be minimum trapped in all those pre-programmed games ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Virgo wrote:What is the topic?
Well, it's definitely not: "Crypto Masonic New Age Hip-Hop music and Loch Ness space vehicles. Please discuss!" :alien:
except if it is what's in the mind of a Xionaire ... :focus: there is no topic

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

I just need to reply to what asunthatneversets writes, because it shows the failing of Buddhist fundamentalism. In a way a mind is a mind and a person is equal to any other, in theory. However the mind of a billionaire is the mind of someone addicted to money and the power that money brings. People are equal in even legal theory, but in reality a billionaire is much more powerful and infact they often get away with murder in several ways. They often own or control large shares of corporations that can kill, harm or maim via externalization and the shareholders, CEOs and board members cannot get punished or be held responsible for criminal charges. To concentrate so much wealth in so few hands in our social order, we have to deprive hundreds of millions so that they nearly starve, while hundreds of millions do starve. There is a surplus of food that rots everyday, there is enough wealth and work being done for everyone to access the necessities, but our social hierarchy, institutions and monetary system are what stop the resources from spreading down the pyramid.
florin

Post by florin »

what is this topic about?

I didn't even know that your mum's house has corners.
Is that relevant to knowing a billionaires mind ? :shrug:

Return to “Lounge”