Have you ever "looked inside" the mind of a Billionaire?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Wesley1982

Have you ever "looked inside" the mind of a Billionaire?

Post by Wesley1982 »

Just wondering, have you ever "looked inside" the mind a Billionaire?..
krodha

Re: Have you ever "looked inside" the mind of a Billionaire?

Post by krodha »

Wesley1982 wrote:Just wondering, have you ever "looked inside" the mind a Billionaire?..
First come to know your own mind, and then you'll know the mind of the billionaire and the mind of the person without a dime to their name. When you understand yourself you understand everyone else, emotions, reactivity, nuances, projections, behaviors are universal and the same for everyone. The functioning of the mind is like a science, when you thoroughly understand the structure of the science then you see it playing out in everyone you meet. Ignorance of oneself means ignorance of all, knowledge of oneself means knowledge of all. The billionaire's mind is no different than yours. And in truth the billionaire is no more wealthy than the person without a dime to their name.

Never forget that one may indeed know the price of everything, yet the value of nothing. Your wealth is not your value. True wealth has nothing to do with money.
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

Any ideas or steps to take toward becoming a realized Dzogchenpa?..
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

asunthatneversets wrote:
Wesley1982 wrote:Just wondering, have you ever "looked inside" the mind a Billionaire?..
First come to know your own mind, and then you'll know the mind of the billionaire and the mind of the person without a dime to their name. When you understand yourself you understand everyone else, emotions, reactivity, nuances, projections, behaviors are universal and the same for everyone. The functioning of the mind is like a science, when you thoroughly understand the structure of the science then you see it playing out in everyone you meet. Ignorance of oneself means ignorance of all, knowledge of oneself means knowledge of all. The billionaire's mind is no different than yours. And in truth the billionaire is no more wealthy than the person without a dime to their name.

Never forget that one may indeed know the price of everything, yet the value of nothing. Your wealth is not your value. True wealth has nothing to do with money.
Well, yes sure of course. :) If you're "divorced" from what you're supposed to be earning ($In American dollars$)-I guess you move on and do something else.
wisdom

Post by wisdom »

Yep

Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

Any ideas what to call "The Corner" of my mom's house?..
krodha

Post by krodha »

Wesley1982 wrote: Well, yes sure of course. :) If you're "divorced" from what you're supposed to be earning ($In American dollars$)-I guess you move on and do something else.
What are you supposed to be earning? I wasn't advocating moving onto something else, just saying that money is merely a symbol which lacks innate value, so a billionaire is really no different than anyone else. Putting a billionaire on a pedestal is ignorant. It surely happens this day in age, but only due to the subconscious compulsion to equate money with true wealth and value. Money rules everything, many of us have been reduced to hamsters running on a wheel, chasing paychecks to get by. Within that structure, monetary abundance is associated with freedom from that rat race. So we exalt those (the rich) who have escaped the bondage of slavery enduced by money, and most aspire for that pseudo-freedom themselves. In truth, however, the wealthy haven't escaped from suffering, they've only done so symbolically by winning some degree of financial freedom and are therefore liberated from the false structure of financial burden. Money has no value apart from that which is assigned to it. Money has value because we all collectively agree that it does, the whole structure exists solely within the mind. So winning monetary abundance means that one has conquered the system enforced by the collective mind of man. It isn't true freedom, you see many of the world's "rich" people still suffering, depression, loss etc. True freedom is won by seeing through the game, disavowing it and not allowing oneself to be governed by it. And the truest liberation is the freedom won through true knowledge.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

asunthatneversets wrote:Money rules everything, many of us have been reduced to hamsters running on a wheel
"Cash Rules Everything Around Me, CREAM, get the money, dollar-dollar bill y'all."

human_hamster.gif
human_hamster.gif (28.13 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

What are you supposed to be earning? I wasn't advocating moving onto something else, just saying that money is merely a symbol which lacks innate value, so a billionaire is really no different than anyone else. Putting a billionaire on a pedestal is ignorant. It surely happens this day in age, but only due to the subconscious compulsion to equate money with true wealth and value. Money rules everything, many of us have been reduced to hamsters running on a wheel, chasing paychecks to get by. Within that structure, monetary abundance is associated with freedom from that rat race. So we exalt those (the rich) who have escaped the bondage of slavery enduced by money, and most aspire for that pseudo-freedom themselves. In truth, however, the wealthy haven't escaped from suffering, they've only done so symbolically by winning some degree of financial freedom and are therefore liberated from the false structure of financial burden. Money has no value apart from that which is assigned to it. Money has value because we all collectively agree that it does, the whole structure exists solely within the mind. So winning monetary abundance means that one has conquered the system enforced by the collective mind of man. It isn't true freedom, you see many of the world's "rich" people still suffering, depression, loss etc. True freedom is won by seeing through the game, disavowing it and not allowing oneself to be governed by it. And the truest liberation is the freedom won through true knowledge.

In theory, at least a $100 dollars a day. A family always places stress on the "husband" or the "father figure" to provide the money needed to "function" as part of the social economy.
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

Wesley1982 wrote:Any ideas what to call "The Corner" of my mom's house?..
What the hell? Is this a kōan, Wesley?
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

dharmagoat wrote:

I'm not sure what a koan is.
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

Wesley1982 wrote:I'm not sure what a koan is.
This is what Wikipedia has to say about kōans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dharmagoat wrote:
Actually, come to think of it, it sounds more like an answer to a kōan.
Last edited by dharmagoat on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

dharmagoat wrote:
Wesley1982 wrote:I'm not sure what a koan is.
This is what Wikipedia has to say about kōans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No that is not a koan. I'm not gauging or measuring the "zen" of anything.
krodha

Post by krodha »

Lhug-Pa wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:Money rules everything, many of us have been reduced to hamsters running on a wheel
"Cash Rules Everything Around Me, CREAM, get the money, dollar-dollar bill y'all."
Ha funny thing my friend went to that bodhi tree book store in LA (when me and him were first getting into the dharma) and GZA was in there buying Zen books (RZA and GZA are big time zen practitioners). Being a Wu-Tang fan he took it as some type of sign that his newfound interest in the dharma was the right path.

And now he's a Rosicrucian practitioner. Head first dzogchen, come out Rosicrucian, go figure... Whatever makes him happy and gets the job done though, it's all good to me, I get to hear about interesting Rosicrucian stuff from him now.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Dude, quit taking the expired medications you found in mom's medicine cabinet, you are losing the plot.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Dude, quit taking the expired medications you found in mom's medicine cabinet, you are losing the plot.
:namaste:
I've seen enough movies. :namaste:
Pero

Post by Pero »

:rolling:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

asunthatneversets wrote:Ha funny thing my friend went to that bodhi tree book store in LA (when me and him were first getting into the dharma) and GZA was in there buying Zen books (RZA and GZA are big time zen practitioners). Being a Wu-Tang fan he took it as some type of sign that his newfound interest in the dharma was the right path.
Huh, I didn't know that they were Zen practitioners specifically.

phpBB [video]

Besides having been a Japanese nerd in junior high and high school (Musashi books, Anime, etc.) and having had some interest in Zen (Taisen Deshimaru books mainly); my other first inspiration to 'seek knowledge' came from having become a Wu-Tang Clan fan in my senior year.

Then I went from being a Nation of Islam/Nation of Gods & Earths and Ausar-Auset Society wannabe, to studying the teachings of a modern Spiritual group, the latter of whom imply that they are connected with the authentic Rosicrucians in the Inner Planes (there are many groups calling themselves Rosicrucian, however the said group says that the real Rosicrucians don't call themselves "Rosicrucians" in the physical dimension anymore).

I actually got the hamster suit & tie pic from their website:
Lhug-Pa wrote:
human_hamster.gif
human_hamster.gif (28.13 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
Also, the founder of the Ausar-Auset Society (Ra Un Nefer Amen) was once the Head of a Rosicrucian-group off-shoot of Rudolf Steiner.

Anyhow, I've chatted online with direct affiliates of the Wu-Tang Clan who have been through the 'Rosicrucian' chamber (of some variety). And some of the Wu Tang Clan are even Masons.

asunthatneversets wrote:And now he's a Rosicrucian practitioner. Head first dzogchen, come out Rosicrucian, go figure... Whatever makes him happy and gets the job done though, it's all good to me, I get to hear about interesting Rosicrucian stuff from him now.

For me it was the opposite. The Rosicrucians (so to speak) are the ones who introduced me to the knowledge of the existence of the Dzogchen teaching; and they even claim that their teaching is synonymous with Dzogchen (which is, well, I don't know...). There are a couple modern Spiritual groups who claim to have the same level of Knowledge of Dzogchen (one emphasizes Manichaeism or Manichaeanism; and the other doesn't so much, not by name anyway).

dharmagoat wrote:Actually, come to think of it, it sounds more like an answer to a kōan.
:rolling:

Student: "Why did Bodhidharma come from the West?"

Teacher: "Any ideas what to call "The Corner" of my mom's house?"

:D

Anyway, I don't get it either. Is it a round house or something?
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

asunthatneversets wrote:Ha funny thing my friend went to that bodhi tree book store in LA (when me and him were first getting into the dharma) and GZA was in there buying Zen books (RZA and GZA are big time zen practitioners). Being a Wu-Tang fan he took it as some type of sign that his newfound interest in the dharma was the right path.
West Coast Wu Tang is very spiritual too:

phpBB [video]

Lhung-Pa wrote:Then I went from being a Nation of Islam/Nation of Gods & Earths and Ausar-Auset Society wannabe
I grew up around a few guys who were that.

Lhung-Pa wrote:And some of the Wu Tang Clan are even Masons.
One of my close friends is a 32'nd degree Mason (also some family members are Masons, one even a Shriner as well).

Kevin
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Anyway, I don't get it either. Is it a round house or something?
I am hoping that Wesley might provide a commentary.

Return to “Lounge”