An interview with B. Alan Wallace (video)

General forum on Mahayana.

An interview with B. Alan Wallace (video)

Postby MJH » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share the first part of our latest interview. This one was with B. Alan Wallace. It was filed this past Friday durning his visit to Norway.

I've just included a couple questions in this edit. The whole interview lasted well over an hour. So there will be more videos soon.

We have also just filmed an interview with Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche and I hope to post something in the coming days. Plus, as always a lot more from H.E. Khandro Rinpoche's latest visit. :smile:
OM GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA
KTL Buddhist videos
MJH

Re: An interview with B. Alan Wallace (video)

Postby zangskar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 pm

:thanks:
Looking forward to the next videos as well.
Lars
zangskar

Postby steveb1 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 am

Don't get me wrong, I love Wallace and his work in religion and consciousness studies. It's just that it's taken me a long time to adjust to his manner of speaking - so clipped, nuanced and precise that for a while it took me out of the meaning of the words and had me distracted by the manner of the words. I wonder how he speaks day-to-day informally. I doubt he spoke with such exacting enunciation when he was a child ... if that's the case, i wonder where he learned it, or if he simply disciplined himself to be a highly concise speaker.
steveb1

Postby MJH » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 am

steveb1 wrote: It's just that it's taken me a long time to adjust to his manner of speaking - so clipped, nuanced and precise that for a while it took me out of the meaning of the words and had me distracted by the manner of the words.

:rolling: I actually hadn't thought about that.

It doesn't really bother me (maybe because I'm used to dealing with sound bites) but I can understand where you're coming from.
OM GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA
KTL Buddhist videos
MJH

Return to Mahāyāna Buddhism