Humble greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
ConnorL

Humble greetings

Post by ConnorL »

Hello,

My name is Connor. I am 20, and a student at Indiana University at Bloomington, IN. I have been soul searching for a long time, and am finding a comforting path with Buddhism. Without going into too much detail about my past, which is only minimally relevant, I'd like to give just a brief background on what brought me here. Raised, I was Christian. I left the faith, officially, at age 10. For what exact reason, I am not sure. But, I do remember yelling at God a lot during that time. I felt like taking on my own beliefs. So, I did. Of course, trying to do faith on my own was difficult and trying during my teenage years. Being somebody of a common childhood, I was exposed to philosophical movies disguised as action flicks. The very paragon of this is, of course, Star Wars. I'm not a huge fan of the series anymore, as far as quality of movies go, but it did provide a stepping stone for me to look deeper into life than I was. As with "favorite" movies that we watch over and over again, we notice new things. Well, the biggest "new" thing I discovered was the philosophies of the Jedi. Hidden behind a veil of lightsaber combat, and feudal knighthood, was a wisdom. Just a spark of wisdom I needed to start researching the origins of the "Jedi Faith". :jedi: Of course, I found Taoism, Buddhism, Chivalrous Knighthood, and Martial Arts by this way. And, after that door opened for me, I became as a sponge. :reading: (I really like these emoticons) Ever since, I have been letting down my walls to happiness; and, while I am not really even a Buddhist yet, I intend to be. As I study, I find more and more Universal truths in Buddha's teachings, and I gladly accept them.

So, basically, what I'm saying is I owe my spiritual development to George Lucas. :applause: I'm joking. *cough* *no laughter* ohhh kay. Back on topic.

I'm still young, and I have much to learn. So, I hope you will accept me into your forum, and I hope to grow and learn with you all through debate and discussion.

-Connor.
rose
Site Admin

Re: Humble greetings

Post by rose »

Hi Connor, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
ConnorL

Post by ConnorL »

Thank you. :)
Qian Zheng Yi

Post by Qian Zheng Yi »

:hi:
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

As the most interesting man in the world is apt to say... "stay thirsty, my friend."

and... WELCOME TO DHARMA WHEEL!!!

:namaste:
D. Ogyen
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
Tree

Post by Tree »

Welcome Connor.
poyntersteve

Post by poyntersteve »

Conner! Hang in there, little dude. It took me 62 years to finally realize that we're all on the same path. We simply want to be happy, we're all different, we're perfect the way we are, and there's no rush. Just keep looking for ways to show your generosity and move from your heart center, and you can't make a mistake. Love you, man. Out.
:namaste:

Return to “Introductions”