No Lineage

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
mujushinkyo

No Lineage

Post by mujushinkyo »

Shakyamuni Buddha recommended a path of Dhyana (Zen) plus Direct Inquiry & Analysis.

As he was dying, he refused to name a lineage successor. Instead, he said the Dharma was his successor, and that students should "Be a light for yourselves, go all out, work hard, attain liberation."

THIS would seem to settle all questions about which lineage is the right one, which teaching is the right one.

No lineage. As for teachings, the Dharma is not a teaching, it's just Reality as revealed by Dhyana (Zen) and Direct Self Inquiry & Analysis! No Self, No Lasting Phenomena. Clinging to what doesn't exist or last causes anguish. Releasing oneself from such clinging is Cessation of Anguish (NIrvana)!

What's the problem? This is simple. Anyone can do it. Ambitious people are at a disadvantage.

"Delightful is the Dharma. Delightful in the beginning, delightful in the middle, delightful at the end."

Let's do it! What bullshit all the arguments are. If you're truly pursuing Dhyana plus Direct Inquiry you have no time for throwing your intellectual weight around or playing "Buddhist" games.

Aum Swasti!
Tilopa

Re: No Lineage

Post by Tilopa »

Yeah right. :zzz:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Drowning in the ocean of their own making,
the ignorant curse the boatman who is trying to save them,
and refuse to grab hold of the lifeline which is thrown to them.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

That's great, but you forgot to link your blog.

:cheers:
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

I am Pure Land bitch. :anjali:
It’s eye blinking.
plwk

Post by plwk »

You sure 'Sakyamuni' 'recommended' anything? Last I heard from some 'Zennies' that He spoke nothing... :tongue:
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

plwk wrote:You sure 'Sakyamuni' 'recommended' anything? Last I heard from some 'Zennies' that He spoke nothing... :tongue:
:rolling:
It’s eye blinking.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”