The Zangdokprali Foundation for Great Compassion

Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

The Zangdokprali Foundation for Great Compassion

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

A couple of years ago I attended a two-day Chod event which was one of the most beneficial things I've done for myself in my life. Without getting into details about the details of the ritual, it lasted two days and then ended with an extended tsog. The Zangdokrali Foundation hosted the event and this Rinpoche travels the country periodically offering these services to anyone who is able to attend. In brief, many lifetimes of obstacles and karmic traces can be removed and healed, and the attendee is left with great peace and relief. Even physical ailments have been known to be eased as a side-effect to this powerful practice. The CD can be purchased online and even if you haven't attended the event in person, simply listening to the music on the CD and allowing it to enter into your mind stream is something that I would personally recommend to anyone. I'll provide the contact information for the foundation below:

The Zangdokpalri Foundation for Great Compassion
http://www.totalgoodness.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.zangdokpalri.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There you can join the online email group, order CDs and DVDs from the online store, get the latest tour schedule, listen to a free audio Chod teaching by Rinpoche, view photo galleries of activities in India, and much more :)
Josef

Re: The Zangdokprali Foundation for Great Compassion

Post by Josef »

Awesome!
The free teaching on the website is truly extraordinary. Kunzang Dechen Lingpa briefly lays out the essence of Chod in a way that brings tremendous meaning and clarity to the practice.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Nangwa wrote:Awesome!
The free teaching on the website is truly extraordinary. Kunzang Dechen Lingpa briefly lays out the essence of Chod in a way that brings tremendous meaning and clarity to the practice.
I hadn't seen it, I'd like to go back to read it.
Thanks a lot!

Best,
Laura :)
heart

Post by heart »

http://www.zangdokpalri.org/audiofiles/chod2.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If someone wondered where the teachings is.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Josef

Post by Josef »

heart wrote:http://www.zangdokpalri.org/audiofiles/chod2.mp3

/magnus
Thats the one!
Thanks Magnus.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:A couple of years ago I attended a two-day Chod event which was one of the most beneficial things I've done for myself in my life. Without getting into details about the details of the ritual, it lasted two days and then ended with an extended tsog. The Zangdokrali Foundation hosted the event and this Rinpoche travels the country periodically offering these services to anyone who is able to attend. In brief, many lifetimes of obstacles and karmic traces can be removed and healed, and the attendee is left with great peace and relief. Even physical ailments have been known to be eased as a side-effect to this powerful practice. The CD can be purchased online and even if you haven't attended the event in person, simply listening to the music on the CD and allowing it to enter into your mind stream is something that I would personally recommend to anyone. I'll provide the contact information for the foundation below:

http://www.totalgoodness.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.zangdokpalri.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There you can join the online email group, order CDs and DVDs from the online store, get the latest tour schedule, listen to a free audio Chod teaching by Rinpoche, view photo galleries of activities in India, and much more :)
I've always wanted to go to one of those! Hopefully one of these days I can go.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Post by Josef »

mr. gordo wrote:
Ngawang Drolma wrote:A couple of years ago I attended a two-day Chod event which was one of the most beneficial things I've done for myself in my life. Without getting into details about the details of the ritual, it lasted two days and then ended with an extended tsog. The Zangdokrali Foundation hosted the event and this Rinpoche travels the country periodically offering these services to anyone who is able to attend. In brief, many lifetimes of obstacles and karmic traces can be removed and healed, and the attendee is left with great peace and relief. Even physical ailments have been known to be eased as a side-effect to this powerful practice. The CD can be purchased online and even if you haven't attended the event in person, simply listening to the music on the CD and allowing it to enter into your mind stream is something that I would personally recommend to anyone. I'll provide the contact information for the foundation below:

Hey Gordo,
If you live in or near Boston you can come to the one that I helped organize.
Its on the websites schedule. Even if you dont live near Boston Rinpoche and the nuns will be hitting a lot of other locations for a few months. The schedule will probably be updated with more events.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Very cool Nangwa, I'll check it out. It's not so much a scheduling conflict, but there are so many great teachings every year, I have to try to budget myself accordingly. :smile:
Nangwa wrote:
mr. gordo wrote:

Hey Gordo,
If you live in or near Boston you can come to the one that I helped organize.
Its on the websites schedule. Even if you dont live near Boston Rinpoche and the nuns will be hitting a lot of other locations for a few months. The schedule will probably be updated with more events.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Post by Josef »

I hear you on that Gordo. I feel incredibly fortunate that my teacher is coming to my town this year.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Hi all,
Just wanted to post an update that due to some visa obstacles Rinpoche and the nuns are unable to visit the U.S. this year.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Nangwa, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they are all well. Thank you for the update, and for what you've done in the past to assist in the organization of these magnificent services provided by Rinpoche.

I would have certainly tried to attend again, I don't figure you can have too much of this ;)
But perhaps down the road...

Kind wishes,
Laura
Josef

Post by Josef »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Nangwa, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they are all well. Thank you for the update, and for what you've done in the past to assist in the organization of these magnificent services provided by Rinpoche.

I would have certainly tried to attend again, I don't figure you can have too much of this ;)
But perhaps down the road...

Kind wishes,
Laura
Thanks Laura. As far as I know everyone is doing well, its just a visa issue.
My contribution has been pretty minimal. This was going to be my first year organizing any events on the tour. Oh well. There is always next year.
peace
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

I just read yesterday that Lama Migmar has agreed to perform the Chod as Dungse Rigdzin Dorje cannot perform the Chod because of the visa problems.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

kirtu wrote:I just read yesterday that Lama Migmar has agreed to perform the Chod as Dungse Rigdzin Dorje cannot perform the Chod because of the visa problems.

Kirt
Yes, Khenpo Migmar is doing a healing chod at Kripalu on the dates that Dungse Rinpoche was originally scheduled for. Khenpo isnt doing Kunzang Dechen Lingpa's Chod though, I am not quite sure which one it is. I am sure it will be excellent and greatly beneficial.
muni

Post by muni »

Just visa problems which are making families never can see each other back, live alone.
Teachers cannot offer their teachings, cannot travel.
It is a phenomena for which the UNHCR (united nations) tried so much, as human rights need more attention and a valuable place in laws.

Western people can travel to each and every corner of this world. Correct human rights should be applied with visa "control" in a human and respectful way.

:focus:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

heart wrote:http://www.zangdokpalri.org/audiofiles/chod2.mp3

/magnus
This is so cool, with my nifty new computer i opened it right up with itTunes!

Listening right now :)

Thanks friend.

best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Nangwa wrote:
kirtu wrote:I just read yesterday that Lama Migmar has agreed to perform the Chod as Dungse Rigdzin Dorje cannot perform the Chod because of the visa problems.

Kirt
Yes, Khenpo Migmar is doing a healing chod at Kripalu on the dates that Dungse Rinpoche was originally scheduled for. Khenpo isnt doing Kunzang Dechen Lingpa's Chod though, I am not quite sure which one it is. I am sure it will be excellent and greatly beneficial.
I'm sorry I'm confuzzled. So we can attend?
If so, I really totally support it.

Best,
Laura
Josef

Post by Josef »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:
Nangwa wrote:

Kirt
I'm sorry I'm confuzzled. So we can attend?
If so, I really totally support it.

Best,
Laura
Hi Laura,
yes, anyone can attend.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:The CD can be purchased online and even if you haven't attended the event in person, simply listening to the music on the CD and allowing it to enter into your mind stream is something that I would personally recommend to anyone.
I agree. I first saw a Chöd ritual performed as part of a presentation of "lama dances" by some visiting Drikung Kagyu Monks. I found the Chöd melody to be quite beautiful and mesmerizing.

My lama's lama's main practice was Chöd. A few of the most advanced practioners in my sangha have formed a Chöd practice group. I also enjoy listening to them when I can, but I'm in no hurry to get to Chöd myself.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Does anyone have an idea when Dungse Rigdzin Dorje Rinpoche will be returning to the West to teach?

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Chod”