Dzogchen Blog (formerly Dzogchen World)...

Dechen Norbu

Re: Dzogchen Blog (formerly Dzogchen World)...

Post by Dechen Norbu »

:twothumbsup: Great having you there!
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

I just received this message while I was trying to visit the home page of Dzogchen Blog:

"Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
dzogchenworld.ning.com contains content from http://www.ustream.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified http://www.ustream.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on http://www.ustream.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page."

Does anybody else have the same problem?
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

It seems your anti-virus software or malware protection software is acting strange.

USTREAM is a legit website, and has a global audience - just like YouTube. It is not "known" to distribute malware at all.

What is going on however, is that Google has flagged USTREAM as a dangerous site that may possibly harm your computer. And what is the competing site of USTREAM? YouTube. Who does YouTube have a partnership with? Google. So, easy solution for Google then, go with the smear-campaign: Flag any and all links from USTREAM as "dangerous".

My anti-virus software and malware protection software has no problems with USTREAM at all.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Norwegian wrote:It seems your anti-virus software or malware protection software is acting strange.

USTREAM is a legit website, and has a global audience - just like YouTube. It is not "known" to distribute malware at all.

What is going on however, is that Google has flagged USTREAM as a dangerous site that may possibly harm your computer. And what is the competing site of USTREAM? YouTube. Who does YouTube have a partnership with? Google. So, easy solution for Google then, go with the smear-campaign: Flag any and all links from USTREAM as "dangerous".

My anti-virus software and malware protection software has no problems with USTREAM at all.
It might be like you say. But I visit very often DB and I never had any problem until today. So I thought to ask if anybody else received the same warning.... :shrug:
You know, it is not rare for a legit website to be hacked..... ;)
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Dronma, I got the same message too..I just ignored it for the reasons listed above. In fact there was a virus a while back called the "google redirect virus" and by a few other names. If you were using any other browser besides google chrome you would do a google search and when you clicked on the link it would take you to some totally unrelated site. Did it on IE and even on Firefox. I am almost convinced that somebody at google created it. The virus came out not long after google chrome was created. That virus is damn near impossible to get rid of.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Fa Dao wrote:Dronma, I got the same message too..I just ignored it for the reasons listed above. In fact there was a virus a while back called the "google redirect virus" and by a few other names. If you were using any other browser besides google chrome you would do a google search and when you clicked on the link it would take you to some totally unrelated site. Did it on IE and even on Firefox. I am almost convinced that somebody at google created it. The virus came out not long after google chrome was created. That virus is damn near impossible to get rid of.

Thank you, Fa Dao! Last months I am using always Google Chrome and it never gave me such warning before, only today. This is what makes me wonder....
In any case, I'll check again the page later. :smile:
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Something happened on Ustream this morning. Malware warnings were everywhere. Ustream is aware of the problem and has been working to fix it. I don't know what happened and won't speculate. I'm still using Ustream. Better not to transmit sensitive info though.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

It was simply reported as suspicious to Google Safe Browsing. It should be fine now. Go here to check:

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diag ... ustream.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is no malware being served by Ustream and this is not a redirect.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

Return to “Dzogchen”