Pith Realizations of the ZZNG Masters

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
justin.hudgins

Pith Realizations of the ZZNG Masters

Post by justin.hudgins »

Hi, all.

I saw that Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche will be giving a retreat titled "Pith Realizations of the ZZNG Masters" in Crestone, CO, in late September. I live in Colorado and was thinking of attending but I'm entirely unfamiliar with this and was just curious about the background, what sort of teaching this might be, what transmissions (if any) are given, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Justin
Bhusuku

Re: Pith Realizations of the ZZNG Masters

Post by Bhusuku »

Probably you have seen this page already, but there's also a book titled "Masters of the Zhang Zhung Nyengyud" available, which includes translations and commentaries from Lopön Tenzin Namdak about the pith realizations of the ZZNG masters. You can find the translations of the root verses here as well:
http://gyalshen.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... asters.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

justin.hudgins wrote:Hi, all.

I saw that Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche will be giving a retreat titled "Pith Realizations of the ZZNG Masters" in Crestone, CO, in late September. I live in Colorado and was thinking of attending but I'm entirely unfamiliar with this and was just curious about the background, what sort of teaching this might be, what transmissions (if any) are given, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Justin

Tashi delek,

Yes it is like Bhusuku did before mentioned.
http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Masters_of_ ... /17237.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have the book in our foundation's library and it is a very precious book for all Bonpos.

It deals with the Bon Dzogchen Buddhas as well the Rigdzins of ZZNG (Nyengyud) and ZZKY (Kagyu).
We CAN do Guru Yoga with each of the ZZ Dzogchen Rigdzins and as an aid are there the pictures (made by Lopon Lak, he is also a very talented Thanka painter).

The pictures serve as the visualisation practice and so the connection is there with that ZZ Master in the form of Guru Yoga. Then the realisation of that Master can be taken into consideration during meditation which descend in the form of Wisdoms blessings. Guru Yoga is here the core / essential.

All in all a must to have that book. :D

By the way TWR is a very closed disciple of Lopon Lak. :applause:

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

KY,
Would you explain more about Guru Yoga in Bon? How is it different from what ChNN teaches?
kalden yungdrung

Lhasa wrote:KY,
Would you explain more about Guru Yoga in Bon? How is it different from what ChNN teaches?

Tashi delek,

Well in Bon we have the self initialisation also practiced in Guru Rinpoches Guru Yoga etc.

I guess it is a general Dzogchen practice of the 3 Kayas done with the help of the blessings which come after the purification and Wisdom Blessings. We make use of A head, Om - Troat , Hung - Heart. The only difference would be the different syllables for the related chakras. colours are identical.

But i don't know ChNN's interpretation about Guru Yoga.......

Mutsog marro
KY
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

kalden yungdrung wrote:

Tashi delek,

Well in Bon we have the self initialisation also practiced in Guru Rinpoches Guru Yoga etc.

I guess it is a general Dzogchen practice of the 3 Kayas done with the help of the blessings which come after the purification and Wisdom Blessings. We make use of A head, Om - Troat , Hung - Heart. The only difference would be the different syllables for the related chakras. colours are identical.

Mutsog marro
KY
Is the exact Bon practice secret? I'd like to hear all you can tell me about Bon Guru Yoga.
Thank you.
kalden yungdrung

Lhasa wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:

Tashi delek,

Mutsog marro
KY
Is the exact Bon practice secret? I'd like to hear all you can tell me about Bon Guru Yoga.
Thank you.

Tashi delek,

Did told you everything i know about Bon Guru Yoga. The rest you can read in the
http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Masters_of_ ... /17237.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps

Mutsog Marro
KY
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

OK, thank you. :namaste:
Bhusuku

Post by Bhusuku »

Lhasa wrote:Would you explain more about Guru Yoga in Bon?
You can find an explanation of the Guruyoga of Tapihritsa in Reynolds "The oral tradition from Zhang-Zhung".
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Bhusuku wrote:
Lhasa wrote:Would you explain more about Guru Yoga in Bon?
You can find an explanation of the Guruyoga of Tapihritsa in Reynolds "The oral tradition from Zhang-Zhung".
:thanks:
justin.hudgins

Post by justin.hudgins »

Thank you everyone for your responses! Very helpful, I really appreciate it. :thanks:

Justin

Return to “Bön”