A Short Story Told By Khenchen Rinpoche

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

A Short Story Told By Khenchen Rinpoche

Postby phantom59 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Seven years ago in January during the time of the Nyingma Monlam Chemo in Bodhgaya, Khenpo Jamphel Tsering, one of the prominent Ngagyur Nyingma College teachers, was in Himachal Pradesh rather than attending the Monlam with all the other senior monks and lay people.

As it so happened at that same time there in Himachal Pradesh, a close friend to Khenpo Tsering named Pema Namgyal passed away. Khenchen Rinpoche also knew Pema Namgyal very well. Subsequently one night, Khenpo had a visionary dream in which he saw a pig being chased by hunters.

In the dream, the pig was running towards Khenpo where he was sitting, and started to talk saying, “Do you recognize me? I am Pema Namgyal! I am Pema Namgyal! Due to my bad karma during my lifetime, I have now been born in this form. I would like to request that you please make offerings to Monlam Chenmo in Bodhgaya on my behalf.” After saying this to Khenpo, the pig ran away as the hunters were getting close to him. Suddenly he was pulled inside the vast desert-like sand and after which the hunters were also pulled inside. Khenpo woke up, saw that the time was 4.30 am, and immediately departed for Bodhgaya where the Nyingma Monlam Chenmo was taking place. As requested, Khenpo made as many offerings as possible for his friend Pema Namgyal.

http://www.khenchenrinpoche.org/monlam-story.html
phantom59

Re: A Short Story Told By Khenchen Rinpoche

Postby simhamuka » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:07 am

Good that he had help but --

:(

Karma sucks.
Sengdongma has an easy job, because there are no enemies.
simhamuka

Return to News & Current Events