Joining Dzogchen Community

CrawfordHollow

Joining Dzogchen Community

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice from some of the many experienced Dzogchen Community members here. After watching the lat retreat via webcast I have been seriously considering joining the Community. I have been a practicing Kagyu for over eight years now and I am currently working on my ngondro. It seems reasonable that Namkhai Norbu's teachings would make a good complement to my current practice. I have no intentions of stopping my ngondro, but I don't see why I should limit myself to just one approach. Any thoughts?

Also, I have some questions about the world-wide transmission. What is the best way to prepare myself for the transmission? I live in New Hampshire, so I am fairly close to Tsegyalgar in Conway, but I won't be able to make it down there this summer. Assuming that I become a member, are there any books/DVDs that I can use to learn the practice before hand?

I didn't catch all of the Japan retreat, but I did see all of the last night where he gave a number of lungs. Am I now authorized to do his Green Tara practice? Also interested in the SMS program. Do you think that would be appropiate to do along with my ngondro? How does one go about starting it? Can most of it be done by correspondence?

Thanks guys, I know its a lot of questions I appreciate any help you can give me
Troy
Virgo

Re: Joining Dzogchen Community

Post by Virgo »

Hi Troy, I'm not really the person to answer all your technical questions but I just wanted to welcome you to the community. I think you will really enjoy receiving teachings from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche. And as far Green Tara, that seems like a yes.

Good luck,

Kevin
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Thanks,

It seems like joining could open up alot of doors for me. Reading the Crystal and the Way of Light now, seems like its the required text. CNNR is amazing!
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

The Internet today is basically the Open Vehicle for "transmitting" through online courses or lectures in reponse to questions directed to a Guru or RInpoche.

There are also webcasts and other forms of communications media (rules pending) - . .
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

On the webcast site there are links to download the Guruyoga practice and explanation for the WWT.
Links are right there under the player.

http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Lhasa wrote:On the webcast site there are links to download the Guruyoga practice and explanation for the WWT.
Links are right there under the player.

http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also there is a DVD you can get from the bookstore, just write or call them and tell them you want it...I think you can get it without paying for a membership.

Return to “Dzogchen”