Nakedness

Malcolm

Nakedness

Post by Malcolm »

The easiest thing in the world to do is walk naked, and the hardest. We have to take off the clothes we put on in which to admire ourselves. If we don't, then we never see the truth of ourselves. We are naked to others even if we think we are clothed.
Virgo

Re: Nakedness

Post by Virgo »

Oh my god I just looked and I am naked!

Kevin
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

I might have to change all my materials to warn for X-rated content... :thinking:
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Ogyen wrote:I might have to change all my materials to warn for X-rated content... :thinking:
I could make some jokes, but I don't want to make light of Malcolm's point. It is important. :namaste:

P.S. And I could see this thread just degrading into jokes about being naked (which it probably will anyway).

Kevin
shel

Post by shel »

Malcolm wrote:The easiest thing in the world to do is walk naked, and the hardest. We have to take off the clothes we put on in which to admire ourselves. If we don't, then we never see the truth of ourselves. We are naked to others even if we think we are clothed.
Agree with everything except the last part. At least for me it can take a good deal of time to get to know someone. Hardest of all getting to know someone wearing a lot of fancy attire. The fancy attire is apparent but not what's behind it.
AdmiralJim

Post by AdmiralJim »

Is that a quote from trungpa?
I don't know where we are going but it will be nice when we get there
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

AdmiralJim wrote:Is that a quote from trungpa?

Nope, it is a quote from Malcolm.
Mariusz

Post by Mariusz »

Malcolm wrote:The easiest thing in the world to do is walk naked, and the hardest. We have to take off the clothes we put on in which to admire ourselves. If we don't, then we never see the truth of ourselves. We are naked to others even if we think we are clothed.
If you walk in the street without clothes among people, people will call the police. If dzogchen alone without buddhism/bon, other religion will be called, to make order with the incompatible.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Plants are sentient, now nakedness is good; are you becoming a Jain? :tongue:

I like clothes, it keeps you warm, keeps body parts from flopping up and down, it's more sanitary, and it looks nice.
Fruitzilla

Post by Fruitzilla »

I've been in love with the Robert Burns version for ages:
O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!
:heart:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Ok someobdy bust out the oversized pic of Samantabhadra...

Kevin
Pero

Post by Pero »

Malcolm wrote: We are naked to others even if we think we are clothed.
I don't believe that man. So far I've met only two people, maybe three, that could see right through me (not including my Vajrayana teachers, though even in this case the only teacher I'm 100% sure could see through me was Norbu Rinpoche). I guess even if we are naked as you say, most people have no eyes to see.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Life is naked, imo.

Kevin
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Pero wrote:
Malcolm wrote: We are naked to others even if we think we are clothed.
I don't believe that man. So far I've met only two people, maybe three, that could see right through me (not including my Vajrayana teachers, though even in this case the only teacher I'm 100% sure could see through me was Norbu Rinpoche). I guess even if we are naked as you say, most people have no eyes to see.
It's just literally true. There are no borders here. Those who can't see you are just too busy admiring their own (imagined) clothes.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
krodha

Post by krodha »

heart

Post by heart »

he he he

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Nakedness allows me to look down on the unemployed. LOL :)

Unlike other people, who may be compassionate, mirrors tell the truth.

If we hold up a mirror to our minds it is seldom a pretty sight.
Left
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

A little off topic, but Jetsun Shuksep, Chonyid Wangmo, was ordered to walk around the Bar-khor in Lhasa completely naked which she did. Obviously, Her Teacher took no prisoners.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

A universal or close to it, expression of spiritual insight:
But the higher part of contemplation, as it may be had
here, hangeth all wholly in this darkness and in this cloud of unknowing; with a loving
stirring and a blind beholding unto the naked being of God Himself only.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
CapNCrunch

Post by CapNCrunch »

We are naked to others even if we think we are clothed.
Profoundly true. There is no delusion like self delusion. And of course, at root, it's all self delusion. When I start to notice, just a bit, my own limitations, they turn out to be in many cases things that are obvious to those around me. They're called blind-spots for a reason.
“I say good-bye to hope, but I also say goodbye to hope's disappointment.”

David Levithan

Return to “Dzogchen”