Dalai Lama quotes.

muni

Dalai Lama quotes.

Post by muni »

:namaste: http://www.bamboointhewind.org/teaching ... uotes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Our practice of the Dharma should be a continual effort to attain a state
beyond suffering. It should not simply be a moral activity whereby we avoid
negative ways and engage in positive ones. In our practice of the Dharma, we
seek to transcend the situation in which we all find ourselves: victims of our own mental afflictions- such as attachment, hatred, pride, greed, and so forth-are mental states that cause us to behave in ways that bring about all of our unhappiness and suffering. While working to achieve inner peace and happiness, it is helpful to think of them as our inner demons, for like demons, they can haunt us, causing nothing but misery. That state beyond such negative emotions and thoughts, beyond all sorrow, is called nirvana."

"When receiving the teachings, it is important to have the correct attitude. It is not practicing the Dharma properly to listen with the intention of gaining material advantage or reputation. Neither should our goal be higher rebirth in the next life, nor should we be wishing only for our own liberation from samsara. These are all attitudes we should reject. Instead, let us listen to the teachings with the determined wish to attain the state of omniscience for the sake of all beings."

"If there is love, there is hope to have real families, real brotherhood, real equanimity, real peace. If the love within your mind is lost, if you continue to see other beings as enemies, then no matter how much knowledge or education you have, no matter how much material progress is made, only suffering and confusion will ensue.

"Human beings will continue to deceive and overpower one another. Basically,
everyone exists in the very nature of suffering, so to abuse or mistreat each
other is futile. The foundation of all spiritual practice is love. That you
practice this well is my only request."
muni

Re: Dalai Lama quotes.

Post by muni »

There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness. :buddha1:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

By bringing about a change in our outlook toward things and events, all phenomena can become sources of happiness.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
muni

Post by muni »

There are no strangers, there are only friends we did not meet yet.
plwk

Post by plwk »

"I am a simple Buddhist monk -- no more, no less" :thumbsup:
muni

Post by muni »

To think the immense potential hidden deep within our being, to understand that the nature of mind is fundamental purity and kindness, and to meditate on its luminosity, will enable you to develop self-confidence.

Return to “Gelug”