YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Human reborn as Human - Page 7 - Dhamma Wheel

Human reborn as Human

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
clw_uk

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 am

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 am

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:09 am

The exchange of data takes place between people who actually study the science, my friend. OF COURSE magic is not Modern Science, I have said everything to the contrary in fact. If I knew nothing about the scientific process or had the background knowledge to interpret scientific evidence in Modern Scientific study, and you gave me loads of information on it, then it would mean nothing to me and I could call it superstition just because I don't know what I'm talking about.
I'm not talking about dukkha and it's ending (the Buddhadhamma). I'm talking about a practical science that is useful, helpful, and for some people still a degree of necessity.
*It is important for you to explain to me how I'm speaking in white noise, so I can adjust for you. (I'm not speaking my opinions here, I'm giving you a view that is very grounded.)
I don't comprehend your claim that if magic is a scientific field (hey, it isn't, there is a scientific field for magic) then it would be taught at a university. From my viewpoint here, things look quite different as it is something of a science that I study and have studied with others and study scientifically with others according to scientific methodology.
Firstly, evolution is in no way more useful that spells. Evolution isn't even practical. We're not even into magical theory, we're talking about the basic fundamentals here.
Just because I say the word "magic" doesn't mean you can equate it to superstition. You can't communicate ideas to people by misinterpreting their words.
I cannot prove to you that magic exists. I have proven it, it is quite proven I assure you. As I've said you'd have to approach it yourself to find semblance of proof. And you approach is scientifically--not with Modern Scientific incentive, but with the methodology nonetheless.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:18 am

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 am

I can only tell you so many times that I can't prove this science to you without showing you myself, and that isn't happening. I stated clearly that you'd have to explore it yourself, with rationality and skepticism and logic and the scientific method.
When I said that I have proved it, and that it is quite proven, I was explaining frankly that I had proven it for myself. You haven't.
It isn't Modern Science, because Modern Science is restricted by bias to the extent that magical forces are rendered moot in its terms.
I could instruct you in the scientific approach to magic all the same as Modern Science, my friend, but it would require complete hands-on personal experience and study that involves the actual experimentation by yourself.
It is a science that you have not been able to study. It is very complicated, delicate, and the critical precision increases with each dynamic level. This is in part why it is not recognized by Modern Science.
You're talking about HIV and the flu and viruses. Yes I have studied biology. I am a very critical, scientific mind. I was referring to evolutionary theory, not the entire branch of evolution. Evolutionary theory of Modern Science among other things is far less practical than magic.
Again the University teaches Modern Science, not the application of science toward such a thing as magic which is so popularly misunderstood. The Buddhadhamma is popularly misunderstood also, and COATED with superstition from cultures all over the world.

"Wish I could see that evidence, hello?"
If you want the evidence, then you have to make it with your own study and your own observations. Didn't the Buddha encourage your own study and observations, amplified with concentration, checked by skepticism?
If you think that me telling you to find things out for yourself is "white noise", then I'm afraid everything that I tell you is merely "white noise".
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 am

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:45 am

It isn't Modern Science. But an application of the scientific method to any particular study should be called "science". At least, that is my purpose for the word.
with metta

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:49 am

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 am

ground

Postby ground » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:54 am

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 am

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 am

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 am

Son of Dhamma

If you really know "magic" and know how to use it and show it, then why not prove it to scientists? Why not share your knowledge and usher in a new revolution in human history?

If not scientists then just go to the media, show the skills, show that it is real...

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:24 am

Clw, I use magic all the time. I explained to you that everyone uses magic to some degree, and I also explained that these magical forces work only in direct concordance with the exclusive enabling forces.
In this paragraph, "Yet it offers no hypothesis, no data, no experiments or articles, no courses in uni and nothing practical. It is not falsifiable and not open to revision. Further insult is that you cant even prove that 'it' exists..." you contradicted everything that I have pointed out. If you endeavored to undergo the study then you would actually have hypothesis and data according to your own experiments and in relation to the experiment of others (a scientific community?) and you would of course get nothing but practicality out of it--that is assuming that when you got to theory the plain shock of it wouldn't blow you out. I also told you that I proved it exists. Many people have, and we can function in this field because it is REALLY PROVEN to us. It isn't all that difficult to approach as long as you're not pretentious and you have at least a little talent for the science to work with. You are still not understanding that I'm not talking about Modern Science, but another field of science that is quite obscure.
Clw, magic can hardly be used as a spectacular world-changing revolutionary implementation. You're failing to understand that magic isn't some secret hidden amongst elite explorers--as I said from the beginning, it is nothing more than a force of Phenomenological Law. I don't have the means to do what you're suggesting, and I don't that anyone in this scientific community does. It sounds impractical, anyway. We can't use magical force to revolutionize human culture. It is something that our culture would have to regain as a result of a revolution, which is more along the lines of a realization of the Buddhadhamma.
But we're talking about science, not world-revolution or fantasy.
with metta

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 am

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:47 am

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:53 am

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:59 am

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:01 am

son of dhamma

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:08 am

If you want to see it--AS I HAVE SAID FROM THE GET-GO--then you'll have to
approach
the field
of study
on
your
own...
(with attentive inquisition, logic, skepticism, and scientific methodology in experimentation).

You know? Explore the world a little. You just need to be open, skeptical, and rooted in wholesomeness.
with metta

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”