A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:33 pm 

In Miami,...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 66540b5.01

Are the undead sentient beings? Can I shoot them?

So now what do we do?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:08 pm 

I saw it this morning, really crazy.

Quote:
Police said an overdose of a powerful new form of LSD could have prompted the attack

This is absolutely nonsensical disinformation. The article I read on another site claimed cocaine psychosis.

No drug makes you strip naked and eat people. Perhaps restraining the guy, and giving him a medical/psych evaluation would of been a better idea than shooting him. :juggling:

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm 
Global Moderator

ghost01 wrote:
No drug makes you strip naked and eat people.

PCP? Probably a good candidate.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:34 pm 

Well, after reading the stuff about LSD I had the same thought as ghost01. Here in Europe you'll find similar news stories showing up sporadically, reporting about all kinds of bizarre things that people on drugs allegedly have done, but if you dig a little deeper into these cases, it almost always turns out that these reports were either completely fake or at least highly exaggerated. But then, that's nothing new...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:10 pm 

Paul wrote:
ghost01 wrote:
No drug makes you strip naked and eat people.

PCP? Probably a good candidate.

PCP does nothing of the sort. It was primarily used as a dissociative anesthetic. Maybe it was reefer?

Obviously the government is trying to cover up zombie experiments. The bombers full of napalm are already on their way.

"Florida brush fire temporarily closes Interstate 4 near Disney World"
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/25/us/florid ... index.html
Ya, right. A brush fire. Next Miami will have a "gas leak".

Last edited by Nemo on Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 pm 
Global Moderator

Nemo wrote:
[Maybe it was reefer?

This is what happens if you listen to jazz.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:30 pm 
Former staff member

ghost01 wrote:

Quote:
Police said an overdose of a powerful new form of LSD could have prompted the attack

This is absolutely nonsensical disinformation. The article I read on another site claimed cocaine psychosis.

No drug makes you strip naked and eat people. Perhaps restraining the guy, and giving him a medical/psych evaluation would of been a better idea than shooting him. :juggling:
Shoot first administer psychological evaluation later? Truth is I can't blame the cop for shooting, I mean, the "zombie" was actually chewing the face off the homeless dude.
:namaste:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:21 am 
Former staff member

ghost01 wrote:

Quote:

Well drugs per se may not but specific drugs can have specific psychotic effects on particular minds. For example some drugs can indeed turn people into sex zombies (essentially) because those people are so inclined from the start. So perhaps the person was violently psychotic and indulged in a cannibalistic fantasy? We won't really know for sure bu the autopsy will reveal if and what sorts of drugs played a role.

Kirt

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:08 am 

Horrific

I want know, what made him do that though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 am 

Actual omnivores or carnivores kill their prey before eating it. Apparently drugged up humans pretending to be carnivores don't know this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm 

Nemo wrote:
In Miami,...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 66540b5.01

Are the undead sentient beings? Can I shoot them?

So now what do we do?

This guy was definitely still alive, so it was "killing." However real zombies are definitely and by definition completely dead, hence the epithet undead. You can shoot them, but you should probably practice a lot of meditation and Avalokiteshvara/Guan Yin or Amitayus prayer, to not mess up your own mind while destroying so many walking corpses. On the other hand, dispatching zombies does remind me of the Tibetan traditions of destroying the body or ripping it up and various other corpsy tantric rituals. In that sense it's kind of therapeutic.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:01 am 
Former staff member

35 year old Pamela McCarthy, off her face on "bath salts", stripped naked and beat and strangled her three year old son in an attempt to kill him. When the kids father rushed outside to save him the neighbours dogs attacked McCarthy and she strangled them. The cops pepper sprayed her to no effect, so they tazered her. She died of a heart attack.
Attachment:
Pamela McCarthy.jpg
Pamela McCarthy.jpg [ 33.35 KiB | Viewed 1187 times ]

Not undead, very much alive and now very much dead!
OM MANI PEME HUNG
OM AMI DEWA HRI
:namaste:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:43 am 

Yea its legal drugs they call the bath salts things like clound 9 but obviously its only for the bath tub right?just like that "incense" my cusin buys from the gas station is only for burning and not for smoking.if it was for smoking it would have to havs health regulations,but zince its "just" insence you can literally put whatever chemical you want on itsay it "may" cUse cancer and smoke it till u giggle urself to slsep.

Ahhahh bath salt,remember kids its "only"for the tub,and dont drink the water,we may find a man in ur mouth.

Kinda like how salvia is only insense

Peace hey greg whats up your way?