A new low in religious scholarship

Anything goes (almost).

A new low in religious scholarship

Postby m0rl0ck » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:44 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6681511.stm

In his fatwa, Dr Atiya, the head of al-Azhar's Department of Hadith, said such teachings could equally apply to adults.

He said that if a woman fed a male colleague "directly from her breast" at least five times they would establish a family bond and thus be allowed to be alone together at work.

"Breast feeding an adult puts an end to the problem of the private meeting, and does not ban marriage," he ruled.
Ride the horse in the direction its going.

~Werner Erhard
m0rl0ck

Re: A new low in religious scholarship

Postby Astus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 pm

I don't see that much problem here. Just compare it to a Kalachakra initiation:

"The three exalted initiations are as follows: the vase initiation is the gnosis of bliss and emptiness that arises from the disciple touching the consort's breasts. The secret initiation is the gnosis of bliss and emptiness that arises from the disciple savouring the bodhichitta (sperm), the wisdom-gnosis initiation is the experience of connate joy that arises from the disciple and consort themselves engaging in union." (source)
"There is no such thing as the real mind. Ridding yourself of delusion: that's the real mind."
(Sheng-yen: Getting the Buddha Mind, p 73)

"Neither cultivation nor seated meditation — this is the pure Chan of Tathagata."
(Mazu Daoyi, X1321p3b23; tr. Jinhua Jia)

“Don’t rashly seek the true Buddha;
True Buddha can’t be found.
Does marvelous nature and spirit
Need tempering or refinement?
Mind is this mind carefree;
This face, the face at birth."

(Nanyue Mingzan: Enjoying the Way, tr. Jeff Shore; T2076p461b24-26)
Astus
Former staff member

Re: A new low in religious scholarship

Postby m0rl0ck » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Astus wrote:I don't see that much problem here. Just compare it to a Kalachakra initiation:

"The three exalted initiations are as follows: the vase initiation is the gnosis of bliss and emptiness that arises from the disciple touching the consort's breasts. The secret initiation is the gnosis of bliss and emptiness that arises from the disciple savouring the bodhichitta (sperm), the wisdom-gnosis initiation is the experience of connate joy that arises from the disciple and consort themselves engaging in union." (source)

I guess ill have to check the employee manual again, but i am pretty sure that kind of stuff wouldnt fly where i work.
Ride the horse in the direction its going.

~Werner Erhard
m0rl0ck

Return to Lounge