Dharma Wheel on Dharma Wheel....

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Mr. G

Re: Dharma Wheel on Dharma Wheel....

Post by Mr. G »

Understood. Your input is appreciated Namdrol.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

It such a simple notion - after enough debate (determined by each one) - do not respond any more to any post that contains notions that you think should not be fostered.

Even if only one person continues to respond to the generally shunned poster, so be it, the rest of the Wheel can ignore that thread.

When the Admins get tired of wasted bandwidth of two contentious posters, they can lock it up, after warning the tiresome duo to knock it off.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Jnana

Re: Bentinho Massaro - Is he there in a dzogchen sense?

Post by Jnana »

Mr. G wrote:What specifically Jnana? I think if you're referring to there not being an open forum for debate, we try to moderate to the best of our abilities. It can be a tough balance between deciding whether a member is being disruptive/trollish, or sincerely attempting their best to communicate their thoughts in what they think is in a coherent way. It's also a fine line when one has to moderate a forum and see a complete sh!t show in a discussion where it's a free-for-all, and putting every thread on lockdown. But as you know, we are open to suggestions.
I wasn't referring to forum moderating, which is generally done well. It's a fine line indeed, but I also don't think that Jax should have been banned for expressing his views and opinions.
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

Jnana wrote:
Mr. G wrote:What specifically Jnana? I think if you're referring to there not being an open forum for debate, we try to moderate to the best of our abilities. It can be a tough balance between deciding whether a member is being disruptive/trollish, or sincerely attempting their best to communicate their thoughts in what they think is in a coherent way. It's also a fine line when one has to moderate a forum and see a complete sh!t show in a discussion where it's a free-for-all, and putting every thread on lockdown. But as you know, we are open to suggestions.
I wasn't referring to forum moderating, which is generally done well. It's a fine line indeed, but I also don't think that Jax should have been banned for expressing his views and opinions.
He was banned for double accounts, and then he went off the wall.
Jnana

Post by Jnana »

Huseng wrote:He was banned for double accounts, and then he went off the wall.
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. That's unacceptable conduct. The rules are there for a reason, and are simple enough to understand and follow.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

With all the respect to everybody, I shall add a few words here.
First of all, I am very new to Dharma Wheel, so I have no idea about past cases of people who had been banned or about E-Shanga either.
I already thanked deeply the moderators for controlling well and putting an end to the annoying and continuous postings by Jax.
According to my opinion, he was the one who was provoking continuously with many ways.
At the end, just before his personal thread been locked, he declared to me that Dzogchen leads to theosis!
I am Greek, so I know very well what theosis is. And I can certainly say that this is a totally wrong direction, and maybe for some people who cannot distinguish such subtle concepts, a very dangerous one.
In any case, Jax is back again with many nicknames, as you maybe already noticed. So you don't have to feel sorry about him.
He is not the type of guy who resigns easily! :jedi:
We see.....
:smile:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

For clarification, Jax's original ban was not for having duplicate accounts. He subsequently has created several accounts in contravention of the ToS each one has been banned. Jax chose not to follow the procedure regarding acts of moderation instead chose to accuse the team of behaving like Taliban.

As any of you who have held a position on a moderating team will know full well often times a moderating team is stuck between a rock and a hard place. It is not possible to please all the people all the time. The team try to act in a considered way taking into account complaints and reports etc. Generally after a team discussion a decision is made. Whilst it is understood that some will regard acts of moderation as censorship as far as I am concerned it is not about censorship it is about keeping Dharma Wheel as a haven for those wishing to discuss Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism as it clearly states in the header. We do get it wrong sometimes however if someone acts like a troll they will be treated like a troll. Creating more than one account is not permitted and most members seem to be able to comprehend what one member one account actually means but as it seemed earlier today that this was not understood an amendment was made to the ToS http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 901#p88901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; making it crystal clear.

For everyone's information if you have a complaint about an act of moderation please follow the procedure as laid out here http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards,
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

I stand corrected.
Dronma

Re: Rebirth as a Rudra

Post by Dronma »

AlexanderS wrote:What is egohood? Some state of evil of no return?
For the people who are asking what is egohood, there is a new thread - after the latest split - "Rebirth as a Rudra" here:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7462
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
muni

Post by muni »

We only can watch own clinging through warmth for all.
SooYiMongSeng

First Post: How useful is Dharma Wheel for you, REALLY?

Post by SooYiMongSeng »

Label me suspect: But the moment I came upon this stop on the road (this http address you loaded in your web browser), I envisioned a really tight, neatly packed space with a lot of conversations going on all at once (limbs and peoples' heads sticking out of the windows, even)

...and as I stood outside the pit-stop I thought, "Wow...it seems really noisy in there."

Not that I am necessarily labelling this forum as "too noisey" by any standard. . . but I just have to ask:

"How useful has this forum been for your practice and or life... really? To what degree has this forum lessened your own personal suffering"

Yes, I am very curious to know.
Yes, I am new to this.
No, I am not an expert at -anything-.
Yes, I am very willing to learn, and hear all that all you wonderful individuals have to share. Every good, bad, agreeable and disagreeable anything.
Yes, I am proceeding with caution as best I can, with as most mindfulness as I possess at this moment. I'll try my best! End of disclaimers...
Skydancer

Re: First Post: How useful is Dharma Wheel for you, REALLY?

Post by Skydancer »

This forum (or more precisely, people on it) has answered numerous questions I've had. I see it as a great springboard for further research and contemplations. There are many people here who are quite experienced and learned. I'm more a reader than an active poster and I often just browse and read through different threads.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

When you walk into any social space you will find groups of people ranging from noisey to quiet, from small to large, from radical looking to conservative, etc...

Based on what you see, you choose which group you wish to associate with, if none of them appeal to you have the freedom to leave.

So... depending on what you are looking for, you may or may not find it here.

Sometimes DW is very useful for me, sometimes it makes me feel like pulling my hair out.

Sometimes I am really helpful sometimes I am a cad.

REALLY!
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

As another newcomer I can tell you one thing for sure. Participating in, or even reading, the forum is not compulsory.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Sometimes DW is very useful for me, sometimes it makes me feel like pulling my hair out.
Some of us only have a beard left to pull out so count yourself lucky.

signed:

Mathilda

LOL :)

And can someone stop that damned Garuda moulting feathers everywhere and crapping on my car!
Left
Paul

Post by Paul »

Like E-Sangha before it, there is an incredible amount of good information here contributed by a large number of good people. It does take experience and discerning eye to figure out who are always worth listening to, though.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Nice place, warm and cool, sometime the music is a bit laud but one can make it, waiters are ok and well educated (a large number comes from the e-sangha school), food is balanced and some private salon are very confortable ...

By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Paul wrote:Like E-Sangha before it, there is an incredible amount of good information here contributed by a large number of good people. It does take experience and discerning eye to figure out who are always worth listening to, though.
If you use your eye to work out who to listen to you'll do well here! LOL :)
Left
Paul

Post by Paul »

Blue Garuda wrote:
Paul wrote:Like E-Sangha before it, there is an incredible amount of good information here contributed by a large number of good people. It does take experience and discerning eye to figure out who are always worth listening to, though.
What? You haven't developed the siddhi of synesthesia yet? :shock:
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Paul wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:
What? You haven't developed the siddhi of synesthesia yet? :shock:
Nah, I just eat ectoplasm - never judge a spook by its colour. ;) (bad pun - 'book by its cover')

Well, after a bout of silliness and a bit of poetry I think I'm braced for DW for the next week or so.

A serious note:

I'm not sure if this is the thread for it, but I've been a Mod here and it is usually very easy, but please could those who are determined to be right and have the last word recognise that when it degenerates into bickering it isn't just hard work for Mods - it can also be pretty demotivating and upsetting. Of course, I've been responsible for angst here at times, but it doesn't mean that I don't know how it feels to clean up the mess on the floor. ;)
Left

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”