The Future of Dzogchen Teachings

Malcolm

Re: Dzogchen and Buddhism

Post by Malcolm »

Andrew108 wrote:To have a hope that the world will wake up to Dzogchen is falling into an extreme.

།རྒྱལ་བ་ཀུན་གྱི་གསང་ཆེན་མཛོད།
།བླ་མེད་རྫགས་ཆེན་བསྟན་པ་ནི།
།ཇི་ལྟར་མཁའ་ལ་ཉི་ཤར་བཞིན།
།རྒྱལ་ཁམས་ཡོངས་ལ་དར་རྒྱས་ཤོག

May the secret treasury of all victors,
the unsurpassed Dzogchen teachings,
spread widely through all nations
just like the sun rising in the sky.
rai

Post by rai »

Malcolm wrote: What is left here is my conviction that Dzogchen will leave behind its traditional trappings and spread to all human beings on this planet. If you consider this utopian, fine. I consider this inevitable.

Well you see, Sally, it means the New Dzogchen World Order will start in the Southwest, with the former USA as the central capital of the world.

:woohoo:
sorry i dont really follow this thread. you are joking Malcolm, right?

i mean, you mentioned in other thread that realisation is very rare and we have seen so many great teachers passed away last years and all the great teachears we have left are getting old. so who is going to carry the transmission? or who will have the ability to spread the transmission?

can even DC survive without someone giving the transmissions? do you think Jim Valby will do?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

rai wrote:
About a Dzogchen New World Order? Of course i was kidding.

i mean, you mentioned in other thread that realisation is very rare and we have seen so many great teachers passed away last years and all the great teachears we have left are getting old. so who is going to carry the transmission? or who will have the ability to spread the transmission?

can even DC survive without someone giving the transmissions? do you think Jim Valby will do?
It will all become clear in time.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Malcolm wrote:
Andrew108 wrote:To have a hope that the world will wake up to Dzogchen is falling into an extreme.

།རྒྱལ་བ་ཀུན་གྱི་གསང་ཆེན་མཛོད།
།བླ་མེད་རྫགས་ཆེན་བསྟན་པ་ནི།
།ཇི་ལྟར་མཁའ་ལ་ཉི་ཤར་བཞིན།
།རྒྱལ་ཁམས་ཡོངས་ལ་དར་རྒྱས་ཤོག

May the secret treasury of all victors,
the unsurpassed Dzogchen teachings,
spread widely through all nations
just like the sun rising in the sky.

Tashi delek,

It is wished and not reality.

Reality is found in the complete version of Buddhadharma namel like Andrew did suggest also in / with Sutra and Tantra.
So if Dzogchen would be spread without Sutra and Tantra would mean that everybody is fit for Dzogchen, and that is what is greatly doubt by me.

Below a vision about needed preliminaries,
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=8537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Reality is found in the complete version of Buddhadharma namel like Andrew did suggest also in Sutra and Tantra.
So if Dzogchen would be spread without Sutra and Tantra would mean that everybody is fit for Dzogchen, and that is what is greatly doubt by me.

KY
ChNN has often spoken of a time in the future on this planet when all teachings apart from Dzogchen have completely disappeared, and all people practice only Dzogchen.

M
kalden yungdrung

Malcolm wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote: Reality is found in the complete version of Buddhadharma namel like Andrew did suggest also in Sutra and Tantra.

KY
ChNN has often spoken of a time in the future on this planet when all teachings apart from Dzogchen have completely disappeared, and all people practice only Dzogchen.

M

Tashi delek,

Ok could happen over how many years, maybe? Is at that future moment Sutra and Tantra realy vaporised? We only have Dharmakaya teachings ?
That would be the time to be in reincarnated as human. But that are only certain humans due to their karma i guess who would be reborn in those days. Is this maybe predicted in a Dzogchen Tantra?

Mutsog Marro
KY
rai

Post by rai »

Malcolm wrote:
rai wrote:

no i mean that the Dzogchen will spread. you mentioned that we have very few realized masters alive and they are getting old so who is going to do the job?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

rai wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
rai wrote:

no i mean that the Dzogchen will spread. you mentioned that we have very few realized masters alive and they are getting old so who is going to do the job?

Of course Dzogchn will spread, it is now spreading. I firmly believe this.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Malcolm wrote:

KY

M

Malcolm, you are kidding! Isn't it?
I never heard or read such statement from ChNN Rinpoche himself.
Occasionally he says that it would be wonderful if more people will be able to practise and discover the real nature of mind. Because he believes in evolution and not revolution!
Of course, this is my own understanding of his words, so please feel free to express yourself according to your own understanding. :namaste:

P.S. I am not interested in debating, but it is really a pitty to paraphrase the words of our teacher in a way that sounds autocratic to most people. By the way, "autocratic" and "autocracy" do not have positive meaning at all (I know because they are both Greek words).
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
dorje e gabbana

Post by dorje e gabbana »

Having always less realized master alive the danger is that in the future only a fake form of dzog Chen will spread, even because it is a very good spiritual product to sell with respect to Tantra: no samaya, non esotic ritual to be performed.
And CNNE was very clear about the fact that without real realization Dzog Chen trasmission cannot happen
Last edited by dorje e gabbana on Sat May 26, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dronma wrote: Malcolm, you are kidding! Isn't it?
No, not at all. There are predictions to this effect in the original tantras of Dzogchen.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dorje e gabbana wrote: And CNNE was very clear about the fact that without real realization Dzog Chen trasmission cannot happen
Of course. What could you have possibly thought I meant?
kalden yungdrung

dorje e gabbana wrote:

Having always less realized master alive the danger is that in the future only a fake form of dzog Chen will spread, even because it is a very good spiritual product to sell with respect to Tantra: no samaya, non esotic ritual to be performed.
And CNNE was very clear about the fact that without real realization Dzog Chen trasmission cannot happen

Tashi delek,

Could you explain what is meant by:
"without real realization Dzog Chen trasmission cannot happen"?

Mutsog Marro
KY
dorje e gabbana

Malcolm wrote:
dorje e gabbana wrote: And CNNE was very clear about the fact that without real realization Dzog Chen trasmission cannot happen
I wasn't referring to what you meant. Simply it is very difficult to concilate thesw 2 facts: Less realized master on one hand and the Spreading of real dozgchen on the other hand, instead of a fake misleading dzogchen taught by not realized master
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dorje e gabbana wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
I wasn't referring to what you meant. Simply it is very difficult to concilate thesw 2 facts: Less realized master on one hand and the Spreading of real dozgchen on the other hand, instead of a fake misleading dzogchen taught by not realized master

I think the implicaion of my statement is that there will be more people who have real knowledge of Dzogchen and are able to successfully communicate this to others.
dorje e gabbana

Tashi delek,

Could you explain what is meant by:
"without real realization Dzog Chen trasmission cannot happen"?
Mutsog Marro
KY
It is very easy. Only an accomplised master who has realized not only trek chod but also todgal can be defined a realized Dzog Chen master.
It is evident that the number of living realized masters is decreasing as the time goes by and not the contrary. So without many realized Dzog Chen master what kind of dzog chen will be spread in 30 yrs? And in 50 yrs?
The answer it is not difficult
Last edited by dorje e gabbana on Sat May 26, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dorje e gabbana

think the implicaion of my statement is that there will be more people who have real knowledge of Dzogchen and are able to successfully communicate this to others
I wish you will be right but it sounds a little bit like a new age thought, like the celestine prophecy, Aquarian age and a lot staff like that.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dorje e gabbana wrote:
think the implicaion of my statement is that there will be more people who have real knowledge of Dzogchen and are able to successfully communicate this to others
I wish you will be right but it sounds a little bit like a new age thought, like the celestine prophecy, Aquarian age and a lot staff like that.

I guess I just have more confidence in people than you do.
dorje e gabbana

Simply it is very difficult to concilate thesw 2 facts: Less realized master on one hand and the Spreading of real dozgchen on the other hand, instead of a fake misleading dzogchen taught by not realized master

Positive thought is fine if you speak about a master like Antony Robbins, but unfortunately we are speaking about another kind of teaching.
And BTW you have not anwered to my previous consideration I quote above

I have not heard about many Rainbow Body around, after HH Dudjom rinpoche, instead according to CNNR stories in Tibet there where many rainbow bodies between Dzog chen masters

So Malcon, tell me please how you can conciliate the fact we have Less realized master as the time goes by on one hand and the Spreading of real dzogchen on the other hand?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dorje e gabbana wrote:
Simply it is very difficult to concilate thesw 2 facts: Less realized master on one hand and the Spreading of real dozgchen on the other hand, instead of a fake misleading dzogchen taught by not realized master

Positive thought is fine if you speak about master like Antony Robbins, but you have not anwered to my previous consideration I quote above

I have not heard about many Rainbow around, after HH Dudjom rinpoche, when according to CNNR stories in Tibet there where many rainbow bodies between Dzog chen masters?

So Malcon, tell me please how you can conciliate Less realized master as the time goes by on one hand and the Spreading of real dzogchen on the other hand?
Well, D&G, most people who realize Dzogchen teachings fully awaken in the bardo. There are 21 capacities of practitioners. Having the ability to correctly and perfectly communicate the transmission of Dzogchen does not necessarily mean you yourself will attain phowa chenpo, or even rainbow body. But everyone who sincerely dedicates themselves to Dzogchen, having had the fortune to meet the full teachings will awaken in the bardo -- or at minimum they will spend 500 years in the pure nirmanakāya buddhafields before acheiving total realization. This is guaranteed as long as you understand the teachings. The third statement of Garab Dorje, literally translated means "continue in the confidence of liberation" -- this does not mean of course you are totally realized. It means you know the true meaning of liberation and are certain of acheiving it, so you "...continue in that state".

Return to “Dzogchen”