rigpa != presence ?

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
kalden yungdrung

Re: rigpa != presence ?

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

Sorry dorje e gabbana that i did call you Dorje Pizza. It was not my intention, i don' t why this happened, anyway my apology.

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
dorje e gabbana

Post by dorje e gabbana »

kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek,

Sorry dorje e gabbana that i did call you Dorje Pizza. It was not my intention, i don' t why this happened, anyway my apology.

Mutsog Marro
KY
NO problem! :smile:
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

dorje e gabbana wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek,

Mutsog Marro
KY
NO problem! :smile:
A handbag designer being called a pizza?

I've heard worse. LOL :)
Left
dorje e gabbana

Post by dorje e gabbana »

difficult times ahahahaha
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Sönam wrote:This text of Jean-Luc has already been discussed, his position is quite "extrem" as is the personnage ... I already had a disussion with Jean-Luc and we defere strongly on the approach.

Tashi delek,

Some personal views:

Listen to the words and not at the teacher
Understanding the meaning of those words.

With this, JL does it very well, he is a good translator and serious practitioner. And about his personage, who is not "strange" or is strange behaving sometimes more and sometimes less?

Just to understand that expressing his position that way : "The use of Presence apparently came up about 15 years ago (in printed material, it must have been there orally sometime before, I actually don't know) in the context of the Dzogchen Community from some "translator" (known for indulging quite a lot in the use of smoking illegal substances and in mixing the teachings with other non‐Buddhist/Bon traditions) who put this essentially "New Age" concept into the brain of the masters. " allows to understand who is this character. Not to forget that Namkhai Norbu itself has choose to translate rigpa by "presence".

So here we see different approaches if Namkai Norbu Rinpoche uses Rigpa by presence?
Did you understood that well?

Also I recognize that he has brought quite a lot in translating important texts (sometime with a much ecessive personnal view, creating new words ... fyi he translates dakini by "celestial ballerina"). So if ever they would be different school in Dzogchen (which is not the case), ChNN would be at one end, and JLA at the other end. For exemple, ChNN considere that except Gourou Yoga, all others practices are secondary practices used depending on circumstances and limitations, JLA consideres that the practitioner engaged in the Dzogchen path should follow a cursus with 9 types of retreats ... and so on.

Well 9 types retreat are sure in the teachings of Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen reflected, which JL follows with heart and the La. STG is in Bon and outside a very popular person, also engaged in Rime. Not bad......
I guess so that Guru Yoga also does belong to the practice of JL but then framed in the 9 kinds of Retreat. 12 Years of retreat is the best option / thing for a serious Dzogchen practitioner. But big city people have nowdays other retreats in mind and that sounds maybe a little new agie. :D

According some Bon Dzogchen one can practice Dzogchen as a King with no problems, as a wounded deer (like going into solitude) and something else i forgot. JL is practicing the wounded deer.

Mutsog Marro
KY

Sönam
The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Bön”