Buddha's Birth

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Buddha's Birth

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Sat May 22, 2010 12:22 am

Today is Lord Buddha's birth, enlightenment and parinirvana (or latter two). Today is Lord Buddha's birth, enlightenment and parinirvana (or latter two). I am so grateful that out of such great compassion the nirmanakaya Buddha took a human birth to give us the precious dharma. Praises to him, his teachings, and his life!

:buddha2:

Here are some words from Muni at The Buddha Blog:

On the special birthday, the wish for freedom for all sentient beings by so many; is the result of the great kindness of Buddha Shakyamuni, his wonderful teaching.

May all sentient beings see the dream of the cloudlike cage and be free in the vastness of genuine peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgEApkgXas&feature=related

By the way, if anyone would like to be an author at our blog, it is a group project and a group effort. Please just contact me or Muni and we can get you started with your writings and contributions :)
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Re: Buddha's Birth

Postby muni » Fri May 28, 2010 11:46 am

:bow: Add some inspiring words if possible, very grateful.
muni

Postby retrofuturist » Fri May 28, 2010 11:47 am

Happy birthday Buddha.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby Luke » Fri May 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Yes indeed, happy birthday to our kind teacher, Shakyamuni Buddha, the one who first showed us the path to enlightenment! :anjali:

However, it was my understanding that the actual date of Buddha's birth is not known. I read a preface to a book by the Dalai Lama in which he says that finds it very embarrassing as a Buddhist that the actual date of Buddha's birth is not known for sure.
Luke

Postby muni » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:24 am

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Today is Lord Buddha's birth, enlightenment and parinirvana (or latter two). Today is Lord Buddha's birth, enlightenment and parinirvana (or latter two). I am so grateful that out of such great compassion the nirmanakaya Buddha took a human birth to give us the precious dharma. Praises to him, his teachings, and his life!

Here are some words from Muni at The Buddha Blog:

On the special birthday, the wish for freedom for all sentient beings by so many; is the result of the great kindness of Buddha Shakyamuni, his wonderful teaching.

May all sentient beings see the dream of the cloudlike cage and be free in the vastness of genuine peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgEApkgXas&feature=related

By the way, if anyone would like to be an author at our blog, it is a group project and a group effort. Please just contact me or Muni and we can get you started with your writings and contributions :)

I always am very happely thinking my English runs so smoothly. Full of confidence I fill that lovely blog with different kind of gibberishnesses. Now for the sake of all beings, may it get rid of that and run in clarity. Contact Laura. :smile: Thanks.
muni

Return to News & Current Events