A question to the staff

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
Annapurna

Re: A question to the staff

Postby Annapurna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:46 am

Hi, Retro,

thank you.

We are not on speaking terms anymore, and the end was horrible. I am scared of more pain, that is why I am in a safety distance to him, he is simply too offensive.

I had offered to step down voluntarily, since I missed trust and independancy and he refused to let me go, only to degrade me 3 weeks later to a normal member again, without prior notice and without making an effort to speak to me, about why I am not there. I was ill, in addition to being upset.

I returned after 10 days, only to find I am not Admin anymore. I showed my good will and posted again, and in one post I protected a member that got harrassed by some others.

His 2 brown noses were involved.

As a result, I got an official warning of ban attached to an emial and the threat, he would take the name Admin out of my nick too, if whatever. . (My name was "Admin _____").

I asked him to please remove Admin then now.

Since then, I haven't been back, and was a bit disappointed, because I helped him to lauch his forum, and now that it is running,-- hm...perhaps I became too popular.

I don't know.

I did it all for him....for a good friend....I don't understand why he is so 'bad'.

Very sad...

But I found my comfort in the Dhamma.

Without those teachings, I would have been far more disappointed.

But so, I often thought of:

"What do you expect?"

"He beat me, he abused me, for the one who thinks like this, hate never stops."

Things like that.

And I also noticed, that my Ex Co Admin draws his members into an unhealthy clinging that I saw with great concern...

It could also be that some remarks I made of a Buddhist nature upset him.

It must be hard to understand for you guys. Sorry... :(

In short:

He is running a website for relationship counselling after break-ups.

He makes money with people who try their best to get their Ex back.

He teaches them a strategy, but actually this strategy...is everything but a way out of clinging.

There were moments where this bothered me as counterproductive to my path...it didn't feel right to teach people this method, without the non clinging...

And, I often found in the past, that things that got into my spiritual path, were removed from my path, seemingly without my interfering. I was always thankful, afterwards....thought: "good"....

I am now seeing it as this, as the falling away of something that was not benefitting my goal.

Anna
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 am

Greetings Anna,

It sounds as if you're best distanced from it all.

If anyone ever thinks that I'm losing the plot in a blood-thirsty lust for power, I strongly recommend they contact David and ask to have me removed of my admin rights... people don't deserve that kind of shabby treatment.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

Annapurna

Postby Annapurna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:15 am

Annapurna

Postby Annapurna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks. :heart:

Return to “Lounge”