Düpa Do - The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions

mmm

Re: Düpa Do - The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions

Post by mmm »

to cone: In kama dzogchen semde contains 18 rigpai calwang, longde contains vajra bridge and mengngagde empowerment of 17 tantras,which is by nature given in rather tantric style. In Dupa Do there seems to be different ways of giving it. e.g. Trulshik Rinpoche gave a specific empoweremnt name for each of the 9 yanas wang are contained in it, also it took one day for one yana. For practise they say Narag Tongdrug contains the essence of all. Or just Vajrasattva single form. Something like this is given also to keep the blessing of the whole cycle. good luck, mmm
Pero

Post by Pero »

mmm wrote:to cone: In kama dzogchen semde contains 18 rigpai calwang, longde contains vajra bridge and mengngagde empowerment of 17 tantras,which is by nature given in rather tantric style. In Dupa Do there seems to be different ways of giving it. e.g. Trulshik Rinpoche gave a specific empoweremnt name for each of the 9 yanas wang are contained in it, also it took one day for one yana. For practise they say Narag Tongdrug contains the essence of all. Or just Vajrasattva single form. Something like this is given also to keep the blessing of the whole cycle. good luck, mmm
So the entire initiation lasts 9 days?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote:
mmm wrote:to cone: In kama dzogchen semde contains 18 rigpai calwang, longde contains vajra bridge and mengngagde empowerment of 17 tantras,which is by nature given in rather tantric style. In Dupa Do there seems to be different ways of giving it. e.g. Trulshik Rinpoche gave a specific empoweremnt name for each of the 9 yanas wang are contained in it, also it took one day for one yana. For practise they say Narag Tongdrug contains the essence of all. Or just Vajrasattva single form. Something like this is given also to keep the blessing of the whole cycle. good luck, mmm
Yes, it is a very long initiation.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:
Yes, it is a very long initiation.
Yeah, but the retreat in Poland will last a month, so 9 days doesn't seem so much in comparison (since I'm not interested in the other teachings) and would be more easy to pull off for me.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Pero wrote: Yeah, but the retreat in Poland will last a month, so 9 days doesn't seem so much in comparison (since I'm not interested in the other teachings) and would be more easy to pull off for me.
Just make sure it is really nine days. When Rinpoche gave the Rinchen Terdzod it took almost 4 months or so I heard. Penor Rinpoche gave it in two. Penor Rinpoche also gave the Dupa Do in 3 days. Dodrupchen Rinpoche gave the Nyingthig Yabzhi in a week or so. Normally it takes more time.
Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche takes his time when he gives empowerments, because of his age but also because he spends at least an hour or two teaching on what he is doing. I would check with Poland to be sure. :-)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Clarence wrote:
Pero wrote: Yeah, but the retreat in Poland will last a month, so 9 days doesn't seem so much in comparison (since I'm not interested in the other teachings) and would be more easy to pull off for me.
Just make sure it is really nine days. When Rinpoche gave the Rinchen Terdzod it took almost 4 months or so I heard. Penor Rinpoche gave it in two. Penor Rinpoche also gave the Dupa Do in 3 days. Dodrupchen Rinpoche gave the Nyingthig Yabzhi in a week or so. Normally it takes more time.
Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche takes his time when he gives empowerments, because of his age but also because he spends at least an hour or two teaching on what he is doing. I would check with Poland to be sure. :-)
Wow, thanks.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Talkung Tsetrul Rinpoche give incredibly detailed empowerment's and he have his translator translate all instruction, like visualizations and prayers you do with him. Quite wonderful.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

That thesis linked to earlier is fascinating stuff, for anyone interested in the history of tantra's dissemination in Tibet, and in the history of Nyingma in particular. A good read....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
dorje e gabbana

Post by dorje e gabbana »

Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche will give The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions, one of the four main Anuyoga Tantras, during the summer retreat during the Khordong association of Poland summer retreat 5 August - 2 September. http://www.khordong.de/Engl/Events/2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... t2012.html
This teaching, Dupa do, is very precious and rare to receive. Thank you very much to have posted it.
I read the web site with the program of teaching but if I have correctly undesrtood Rinpoche will give only the Text commentary to the empowerment, but no the empowerment.

Anybody can tell me if Rinpoche will give also the dupa do empowerment during the retreat?

Many Thanks
heart

Post by heart »

dorje e gabbana wrote:
Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche will give The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions, one of the four main Anuyoga Tantras, during the summer retreat during the Khordong association of Poland summer retreat 5 August - 2 September. http://www.khordong.de/Engl/Events/2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... t2012.html
This teaching, Dupa do, is very precious and rare to receive. Thank you very much to have posted it.
I read the web site with the program of teaching but if I have correctly undesrtood Rinpoche will give only the Text commentary to the empowerment, but no the empowerment.

Anybody can tell me if Rinpoche will give also the dupa do empowerment during the retreat?

Many Thanks
I think he will, you should email them and let us know. I can't go unfortunately.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
emaho

Post by emaho »

heart wrote:Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche will give The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions, one of the four main Anuyoga Tantras, during the summer retreat during the Khordong association of Poland summer retreat 5 August - 2 September. http://www.khordong.de/Engl/Events/2012 ... t2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus

The program has been changed, Rinpoche will give the 'Do 'jo'i bum bzang transmission.

I received this e-mail today:
Dear Friends in Dharma,

We would like to inform you that dates of retreat with H.H. Taklung Tsetrul
Rinpoche not change. Retreat will strats on 5 August.

But the subject of retreat changed. Rinpoche will not give the Do pa`i do
transmission, but H.H. will give us 'Do 'jo'i bum bzang transmission.

Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche wrote some words about this teachings:

'do 'jo'i bum bzang - Wish fulfilling vase
Collection of the sadhanas of the Three Roots and Dharma Protectors.

In Vajrayana there are three different major teachings - bka ma or the
oral transmission lineage, gter ma or the treasure lineage, and dag
snang the pure vision lineage. Among these this teaching belongs to
the gter ma teachings. There are many different gter mas by different
treasure finders, and this is a collection of all ancient gter ma
teachings compiled by the dharma king Terdag Lingpa, who is the
founder of Mindrolling lineage.

This teaching is a collection of the Three Roots, as well as the
Dharma Protectors from different ancient treasures. It is the essence
of all treasures, and Rinchen Terdzod is based on it. It is one of
most blessfull and important terma teachings. It includes teachings by
different treasure masters such as Rinzin Godhen, Guru Cohwang,
Nyangral Nyima Ozer, as well as the dharma king Terdag Lingpa. In this
teaching one can find many sadhanas for accomplishing the Three Roots
from different lineages of different treasure finders. It includes all
together around 53 empowerments of Lama, Yidam, Khandro and Dharma
Protectors. It is an absolutely unbroken lineage, and the essence of
all terma teachings.

Best regards from Darnków,
Management Board
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
pema tsultrim

Post by pema tsultrim »

I know this is an old thread but I found it inspiring. I feel very fortunate to have received the Dupa Do Wang from HH Penor Rinpoche at Namdroling in 2003 or 4. It was a 9 day empowerment, and it was the first time, at least according to what I was hearing at the time, that the empowerment was given outside of Tibet using the empowerment text Do Wang Drangtsi Chugyun (forgive me for not using Wylie script), since some of the folio pages of the extant copy had been in a museum in Europe. The wang was requested by HH Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi, who was pretty young at the time and sat on a small throne right next to Penor Rinpoche, sitting statue still for hours on end, for nine days straight, except to receive the samaya substances from HH. It was quite something to behold.

I remember also that we were all ordained as monks for a day during the lower vehicle empowerment! The wang was attended by all the anis from Namdroling's sister nunnery, Ngaygur Nyingma Nunnery and a handful of injis. I remember muted laughter rippling through the crowd when we all took the monastic vows (Q: "Are you yellow haired?" A: "No, I'm not," even the blondies like me) and the when anis become bhikshus! :tongue:

P.T.

Return to “Nyingma”