Dzogchen and karma?

Lhug-Pa

Re: Dzogchen and karma?

Post by Lhug-Pa »

asunthatneversets wrote: :twothumbsup:
Haha yep. Pema Rigdzin has been on fire lately. :thumbsup:

And I laughed my ass off at your recent Eddie Murphy and OMG-Becky posts, BTW. :rolling:

Anyway, :focus:
krodha

Post by krodha »

Lhug-Pa wrote:

And I laughed my ass off at your recent Eddie Murphy and OMG-Becky posts, BTW. :rolling:

Ha glad my humor struck a chord, I was hoping at least a couple people smiled... And I agree lots of good posts on this board lately
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

asunthatneversets wrote:
Lhug-Pa wrote:

Ha glad my humor struck a chord, I was hoping at least a couple people smiled... And I agree lots of good posts on this board lately
I must admit I had quite the hearty chuckle at the "OMG Becky" post, Asun. Becky was like THE perfect name to go with for some reason (maybe because it evoked the "Baby got back" intro?). Oh and thanks for the big ups, gents/ladies.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Luke

Post by Luke »

oldbob wrote: To claim that karma is empty without explaining the “two truths” of the relative and the absolute is WRONG VIEW, in any system, and may be the cause of great harm. The key point is that until Rigpa is stabilized 24/7, karma is functioning, not because of some outer imposed judgment system, but because that is the way we are wired.
Pema Rigdzin wrote: But, plainly stated, even those who have come to know what instant presence, or rigpa, is are still in their relative condition much or most of the time... We're not in rigpa all the time. As such we must respect the power of the relative and govern our behavior accordingly because there's no guarantee we'll have the power to integrate with our karmic results when they arise, so small and large obstacles and suffering may nonetheless be experienced in an ordinary way. Depending on the strength of one's rigpa, negative eruptions can be great helpers on the path or great obstacles. I think it's best to try to avoid negative actions because one already has plenty of past karma to arise and make one's rigpa blaze if one has that capacity.
Truly great answers! :twothumbsup: Thank you both!
krodha

Post by krodha »

"Earth rests on water, water rests on wind (or "air"),
and wind rests on space; but space itself does not rest on these elements of air, water, and earth.

Just so, our psycho-physical components, sensory elements, and sensory faculties
rest on our karmic actions and emotional distortions,
while our karmic actions and emotional distortions themselves always rest on our distorted psychic activity.

This distorted psychic activity rests on the purity of our mind,
yet the nature of the mind itself does not rest on any of these phenomena."
- The Unsurpassed Continuity

Return to “Dzogchen”