Hi Sentient Beings! From a Tree

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Tree

Hi Sentient Beings! From a Tree

Post by Tree »

Hi everyone!

I used to be into Buddhism in my 20s, but I started to hang with the wrong crowd. People who were very reductionist, and this made me become very nihilisic.

When I look back there were many causes that made this occur (I don't just blame others).

I then went back to Christianity. In some ways the faith practice in Christianity 'saved me' from completely destroying my life.

Now I am feeling the pull back to Buddhism. Whilst I respect and love our Therevadan friends, I am more attracted to Buddhism as practiced in Japan and China. In my life I have connections to Japan, even though I am a Westerner.

After reading about the cosomology as expressed in the Lotus Sutra I am coming to understand the Great Vehicle Buddhism better.

I imagine for now I will be relatively solitary in my pratice, as I feel no desire or attraction to Buddhist centres in melbourne (for now).

I want to read, medtitate and learn. :buddha2:
do_not_zzz

Re: Hi Sentient Beings! From a Tree

Post by do_not_zzz »

Namaste, welcome Tree!

Glad to have you here at Dharma Wheel. I ran along a similar path, and found myself back in Buddhism.

Looking forward to your posts!

-dnz
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi Tree, welcome to Dharma Wheel! I'm happy for your, for your renewed interest in Buddhism and the Lotus Sutra. I hope your studies come along very well :)

Best,
Laura
Tree

Post by Tree »

Thanks you Laura and dnz! :thumbsup:

:namaste:

I'm taking things in Babysteps.

I have a lot of non-religious things in my life to fix, but hoping this new focus and practice will assist in that (I'm confidnt it will).
Tree

Post by Tree »

I just noticed Laura had this when she posted:
:coffee:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
Luke

Post by Luke »

Holy cow! It's a talking tree! :jawdrop:

Welcome Mr. Tree! :mrgreen:

May your trunk be sturdy and your leaves be healthy.

Good luck with your exploration of Buddhism.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

:namaste: Hi Tree,
i hope you learn and experience many truths through participation in Dharmawheel, and that you become truly enlightened whilst visiting this site.

i was talking to a teacher last night and he said "put your pencil on the page and draw... just draw, anything". what i drew seemed to look like a sort of tree, with a pond at its base.

the message hidden in the drawing was that once one has crossed the ocean of samsara, on the other side is the great tree of life. there is a temple within the branches of the tree and one must ascend many many steps to climb its trunk, if one wishes to... another difficult journey. my Master told me that it is love that will enable a buddha to climb the tree of life to the inner temple within its branches.

its like taking a train journey. you get to the destination, then you further explore.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS IS PURELY SPECULATIVE AND MAY BEAR NO RELATION TO REALITY.

with Love, from White Lotus.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.

Return to “Introductions”