Alternatives for the Dzogchenpa

kalden yungdrung

Alternatives for the Dzogchenpa

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

What is the best alternative for a Dzogchenpa who is not realised about his/her pratice, when he/she is dying ?

The question is also how can this Dzogchenpa know this at the time of death?
Further question would be are there ways to predict the time of death?

If the Dzogchenpa would have practiced Tantra then the Bardo and Phowa are an excellent way for relevant solutions. Or is it better to assume that the Dzogchenpa would anyway in his next "human" form attain the Rainbow Body?
Are there examples of the last mentioned Dzogchenpas maybe?

So crucial here is the importance of Tantra as practice for a Dzogchenpa, seen as an "insurance" in case of Bardo or not Bardo........

Maybe you have another point of view, maybe a good suggestion?

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
Andrew108

Re: Alternatives for the Dzogchenpa

Post by Andrew108 »

Madhyamaka is the answer. Internalizing it. Not just leaving it as heady philosophy.
For example:
''When it's time to leave this body, this illusionary tangle,
Don't cause yourself anxiety and grief;
The thing that you should train in and clear up for yourself -
There's no such thing as dying to be done.
It's just clear light, the mother, and child clear light uniting;
When mind forsakes the body, sheer delight!''
Götsangpa
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Malcolm once said that if you received the teachings from ChNN and did the practice daily (I assume guru yoga?) he guarantees that you will face no difficulties upon death. I'd also be curious to know his answer.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche has said that when physical death is arriving we can practice Ati Guru Yoga as a sufficient 'Phowa'.

Also:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 963#p95111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mindyourmind

Post by mindyourmind »

Andrew108 wrote:Madhyamaka is the answer. Internalizing it. Not just leaving it as heady philosophy.
For example:
''When it's time to leave this body, this illusionary tangle,
Don't cause yourself anxiety and grief;
The thing that you should train in and clear up for yourself -
There's no such thing as dying to be done.
It's just clear light, the mother, and child clear light uniting;
When mind forsakes the body, sheer delight!''
Götsangpa
:twothumbsup:

I haven't seen that quote in many a year, thanks.
Dualism is the real root of our suffering and all of our conflicts.

Namkhai Norbu
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

I love Götsangpa. He is my hero.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sherlock wrote:Malcolm once said that if you received the teachings from ChNN and did the practice daily (I assume guru yoga?) he guarantees that you will face no difficulties upon death. I'd also be curious to know his answer.
Yes.
Inge

Post by Inge »

Malcolm wrote:
Sherlock wrote:Malcolm once said that if you received the teachings from ChNN and did the practice daily (I assume guru yoga?) he guarantees that you will face no difficulties upon death. I'd also be curious to know his answer.
Yes.
Is this also the case for non-recognizers like me?
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Inge wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Yes.

Tashi delek,

Before the teachings get started, the Guru Yoga of that Dzogchen Teachings is practiced.
The human Guru is also inside the Lineage Transmission and the Buddha like Taphirista, Drenpa Namkha etc. are as well venerated inside the DzogchenTeachings. We honour both Gurus and those who are between.

Would say go to there and try the Teachings, you are allways everywhere welcome to follow Dzogchen Teachings and hear what they all more or less explain......

Dzogchen is non-sectarian, like allready earlier discussed here.

Mutsog Marro
KY
Last edited by kalden yungdrung on Wed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best meditation is no meditation
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Inge wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Yes.
If you apply Ati Guru Yoga with diligence, then you will face no difficulties at death.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I don't have the book at hand at the moment but this morning I was reading a part of the Precious Vase where it talks about how if you have faith in the guru and are diligent, the guru can come to your aid in the bardo, I assume this is what Malcolm is referring to, although he didn't state it outright.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Sherlock wrote:I don't have the book at hand at the moment but this morning I was reading a part of the Precious Vase where it talks about how if you have faith in the guru and are diligent, the guru can come to your aid in the bardo, I assume this is what Malcolm is referring to, although he didn't state it outright.
In the bardo between birth and death too!

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche wrote:The practice of Guru Yoga is the most profound and essential way of doing Phowa.

Return to “Dzogchen”