Lam Dre teaching - 2011 - NY

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Mr. G

Lam Dre teaching - 2011 - NY

Post by Mr. G »

THE PRECIOUS LAM DRE TEACHING CYCLE 2011: SCHEDULE

The Lam Dre teaching is composed of two sections: The Triple Vision, and the Triple Tantra. Between the two sections, His Holiness Sakya Trizin will bestow the profound Hevajra Empowerment.

There are two options for attendance:

The Triple Vision, Bodhisattva Vow, and the Hevajra Initiation (June 1-8)
The entire Lam Dre Teaching (Triple Vision, Bodhisattva Vow, Hevajra Initiation, and the Triple Tantra) (June 1-30)
Only these two attendance options are offered. Partial or incomplete attendance, or dropping in and out is not allowed.

For vajra samaya reasons, it is not possible to attend the Triple Tantra only; students wishing to attend the Triple Tantra portion of the Lam Dre must attend the entire teaching beginning from June 1 through June 30.

The Lam Dre Teaching will be held from approximately
9:30 am until noon and 2:00 until 5:00 each day.

1 Jun (Wed)
Welcome Reception for Lam Dre participants

2 Jun (Thu) – 6 Jun (Mon)
Triple Vision portion of the Lam Dre Cycle:

Unishavijaya Initiation,
Teachings on the Triple Vision,
Bodhisattva Vows, and
Hevajra Cause Empowerment
7 Jun (Tues) – 30 Jun (Thurs)
Triple Tantra portion of the Lam Dre Cycle
Pre-requisite: attendance at the Triple Vision

19 Jun (Sun)
Special Event: Grand Inauguration of the Temple & Long Life Initiation for Public

http://www.sakyatemple.org/activities_lamdre_main.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Re: Lam Dre teaching - 2011 - NY

Post by Josef »

I will be there!
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

That's great Nangwa! I'm hoping I can make the first week because my vacation time is limited and I want to go to the empowerments and transmission of the Treasure Cycles of Orgyen Trinley Lingpa in California.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Luke

Post by Luke »

Whoa! That sounds like the real deal!

May H.H. Sakya Trizin's life be long and happy!
ImageImageImage
Josef

Post by Josef »

mr. gordo wrote:That's great Nangwa! I'm hoping I can make the first week because my vacation time is limited and I want to go to the empowerments and transmission of the Treasure Cycles of Orgyen Trinley Lingpa in California.
Nice. Its looking like just the first week for me as well.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Josef

Post by Josef »

Luke wrote:Whoa! That sounds like the real deal!

May H.H. Sakya Trizin's life be long and happy!
ImageImageImage
Oh, its the real deal Luke.
You should go if you can.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Nangwa wrote: Oh, its the real deal Luke.
Thanks, but I don't have the money to fly back to the US right now, and I have to work at that time. Also, I want to stick to the Kagyu path primarily because that's the tradition I'm most interested in. I don't want to learn too many things which I won't really practice. My goal is to eventually learn Mahamudra and Tummo (when my lama thinks I'm ready). Those are enough long-term goals for me right now. And my short-term goal is to get permission to start Ngondro from my lama.

I hope you enjoy H.H. Sakya Trizin's teachings.
dingirfecho

Post by dingirfecho »

Two of us from the Buenos Aires Palden Sakya will be there!
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Oh, moreover, you need to think about your practice time...
After receiving full Lam dre, you will need to do 3 kinds of daily practices which might take you at least one hour everyday (usually 2 hours if you just begin or when you do it very properly, minimum half hour if you do it very shortly; but I have heard that if you receive full lam dre, you are not supposed to do in very short way unless you are ill)... that will pretty much turn you to a Sakya student if you won't spend more time on what you are originally practicing.....

but Lam dre is the heart of Sakya teaching, a complete path to buddhahood... so there is no fault if you decide to follow it, and it's good for you to spend 2 hours a day on dharma rather than on TV.

I wish I will have the courage and time to receive a full Lamdre some day :)
Luke wrote:
Nangwa wrote: Oh, its the real deal Luke.
Thanks, but I don't have the money to fly back to the US right now, and I have to work at that time. Also, I want to stick to the Kagyu path primarily because that's the tradition I'm most interested in. I don't want to learn too many things which I won't really practice. My goal is to eventually learn Mahamudra and Tummo (when my lama thinks I'm ready). Those are enough long-term goals for me right now. And my short-term goal is to get permission to start Ngondro from my lama.

I hope you enjoy H.H. Sakya Trizin's teachings.

Return to “Dharma Events”