Nyala Pema Dudul's Stupa

Totoro

Nyala Pema Dudul's Stupa

Post by Totoro »

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me clarify a few things. The site of Kathog Monastery is very holy and blessed by Guru Rinpoche and kathog is famous for producing 100 000 rainbow body practitioners, of which the last is the famed Nala Pema Dudul.

I heard that the actual holy area of the rainbow body practitioners is a bit far off from the Kathog Monastery site itself. Can someone pls confirm this?

Also there is a stupa of Nala Pema Dudul there which is said to have healing properties in particular to certain sicknesses. Does anyone know which certain sicknesses (I heard its something to do with the throat or something)? Any other information about this stupa or the rainbow body area?

Thank you!
Diamondsean

Re: Nyala Pema Dudul's Stupa

Post by Diamondsean »

Totoro wrote:Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me clarify a few things. The site of Kathog Monastery is very holy and blessed by Guru Rinpoche and kathog is famous for producing 100 000 rainbow body practitioners, of which the last is the famed Nala Pema Dudul.

I heard that the actual holy area of the rainbow body practitioners is a bit far off from the Kathog Monastery site itself. Can someone pls confirm this?

Also there is a stupa of Nala Pema Dudul there which is said to have healing properties in particular to certain sicknesses. Does anyone know which certain sicknesses (I heard its something to do with the throat or something)? Any other information about this stupa or the rainbow body area?

Thank you!
You can have more information on Rigpawiki website--http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... %C3%BCddul:
"In the early summer of 1872 in Saga Dawa, the holy fourth month, in the Water Monkey year, the visionary master Nyala Pema Düddul gathered his closest disciples to give them what were to be his final teachings. The place he chose was the deserted Nyin Valley, named after a rare species of mountain goat, in the lower Tromkhok region of Kham."

I had made a pilgrimage to the sacred site in 2004.
It is still about 80 kilometer to Kathog. It is on the half way from Ganzi County to Kathog, three hours drive from the famous Yarchen Monastery.
It is said that many kinds of sickness could be cured by circumambulating the stupa especially some so-called uncurable diseases like cancer etc. Also it is a rapid way to eliminate one's obscurity.
Attachments
The circumambulating devotee.jpg
The circumambulating devotee.jpg (178.57 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
Inside the temple.jpg
Inside the temple.jpg (183.05 KiB) Viewed 2867 times
Nyala Pema Duddul's rainbow body stupa-1.jpg
Nyala Pema Duddul's rainbow body stupa-1.jpg (200.12 KiB) Viewed 2871 times
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Slightly off-topic, but there is a wonderful stupa at Tara Mandala in Colorado that is devoted to Nyala Pema Duddul. Lama Tsultrim Allione received a vision from him in a dream during a solitary retreat, in which he instructed her to rapidly build a stupa for him. She knew virtually nothing about Nyala Pema Duddul at the time, but she agreed, and began construction after completing her retreat. It contains some of the cloth that covered Nyala Pema Duddul's body when he took rainbow body, as well as his fingernails, and many other incredible relics. It was constructed by Lama Tsultrim and her husband David (who passed away a couple of years ago with many signs of having attained liberation in the Bardo of Dharmata) with rocks that were entirely found and uncut from the Tara Mandala land. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche consecrated the stupa.
I know it's not "the" Nyala Pema Duddul stupa, but it has some magnificent blessings, and is probably the best Nyala Pema Duddul site in America.
Many further auspicious connections have been discovered at Tara Mandala in regard to Nyala Pema Duddul, as well. Including the happenstantial establishment of a lineage that he once held, but only taught very rarely.

For more info on the Nyala Pema Duddul stupa at Tara Mandala, you can visit http://taramandala.org/temple-and-facilities/stupa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JR
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

JinpaRangdrol wrote: Many further auspicious connections have been discovered at Tara Mandala in regard to Nyala Pema Duddul, as well. Including the happenstantial establishment of a lineage that he once held, but only taught very rarely.
Wow, that was interesting, thank you Jinpa Rangdrol. Can you say more about NPD's rare lineage that was established at Tara Mandala?
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Absolutely. It's the Dzinpa Rangdröl, and it is a Terma of Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje centered around Chöd and Machig Labdrön. Nyala Pema Duddul, a heart student of Do Khyentse, received the lineage directly from him and taught it to Ayu Khandro, who practiced it while wandering through Tibet and transmitted it to Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, though he has never openly taught it. Norbu Rinpoche is a main teacher of Lama Tsultrim's, and he was rather amazed to hear that the Dzinpa Rangdröl came to Tara Mandala. We received it from Tulku Sang-Ngag Rinpoche, who received it from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. The transmission of the whole lineage was the result of Lama Tsultrim (recognized as an emanation of Machig by Lama Wangdu and Karma Dorje Rinpoche, the resident Lama at Machig's seat in Tibet) asking if there is a lineage that really blends Machig's Chöd with Dzogchen. Tulku Sang-Ngag immediately recollected the Dzinpa Rangdröl.
Adzom Rinpoche, an esteemed mahasiddha and Tertön who has been instrumental in bringing the Longchen Nyingthik and Osel Dorje Sangngag Dzöd to Tara Mandala, has also been receiving commentaries and instructions on Dzinpa Rangdröl as Gongter from Nyala Pema Duddul throughout his life. He's been under house arrest in Tibet for the better part of the last decade, and since the Dzinpa Rangdröl is relatively new at Tara Mandala, he never thought to tell Lama Tsultrim about these Termas. But when he discovered that we are establishing the lineage at TM, he was ecstatic, and described the stack of Terma from NPD that he received on the cycle.
So, all in all, it seems that the karmic connection to the Dzinpa Rangdröl, and mysteriously to Nyala Pema Duddul, is very strong at Tara Mandala, and therefore the blessings are vast.

It should also be noted that the stupa was built a decade before the Dzinpa Rangdröl was even known about at Tara Mandala. :smile:

Return to “Nyingma”