Teacher student programs? classes?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Frank

Teacher student programs? classes?

Post by Frank »

What if we had a section on here where someone looking for a teacher could post and then be accepted by someone to be their student?

Also we could have chat format "classes" on here as well where one user could teach and let the "class" ask questions?
Wesley1982

Re: Teacher student programs? classes?

Post by Wesley1982 »

From what I understand - you can create your own curriculum of topics and learn at your own pace.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Frank wrote:What if we had a section on here where someone looking for a teacher could post and then be accepted by someone to be their student?

Also we could have chat format "classes" on here as well where one user could teach and let the "class" ask questions?
Namdrol is possibly the only person on here that is actually qualified to be a teacher. He has posted audio lectures online before. There may be others, of course. Many teachers have online audio/video lectures that you can check out. Off the top of my head there's Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche, Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche and Alan Wallace. There's also thousands of hours of talks from the Theravada tradition if you know where to look: http://www.dharmaseed.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: I think Wesley's idea is a very good one and can lead you to find many interesting topics.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Frank

Post by Frank »

Paul wrote:
Frank wrote:What if we had a section on here where someone looking for a teacher could post and then be accepted by someone to be their student?

Namdrol is possibly the only person on here that is actually qualified to be a teacher. He has posted audio lectures online before. There may be others, of course. Many teachers have online audio/video lectures that you can check out. Off the top of my head there's Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche, Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche and Alan Wallace. There's also thousands of hours of talks from the Theravada tradition if you know where to look: http://www.dharmaseed.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: I think Wesley's idea is a very good one and can lead you to find many interesting topics.
thanks.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Wesley1982 wrote:From what I understand - you can create your own curriculum of topics and learn at your own pace.

you mean like using the forum to ask questions and then getting the answers you want?
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

Frank wrote:you mean like using the forum to ask questions and then getting the answers you want?
Hmm, Its more like general inquiry into Buddhist tradition(s) 101. You can compile all the info and links together and create a encylopedia/library.

Return to “Suggestion Box”