Healing With Fire

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.

Healing With Fire

Postby Fa Dao » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:49 am

Was wondering if the Tibetan style moxibustion taught in this book could be incorporated into a Chinese medicine practice?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Fa Dao

Re: Healing With Fire

Postby Josef » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:34 pm

I would think so.
Moxibustion is an incredibly versatile therapeutic practice.
When Namdrol suggested I use it for my knee post surgery I was shocked by how helpful it was.
It has also greatly benefited my wifes chronic pain due to injuries she suffered as an elite gymnast.
Cool stuff.
Josef

Re: Healing With Fire

Postby Tara » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 pm

POLITE REMINDER

Will members of Dharma Wheel please note the Tibetan Medicine Forum is not a general discussion forum.

It was created so members could ask questions of and receive answers from qualified Tibetan Medicine practitioners. The only person currently recognised by Dharma Wheel as being qualified in the field of Tibetan Medicine is Malcolm.

Members wishing to discuss medical practices or receive general answers and suggestions are free to post in other forums, for example Lounge, Help Required, Personal Experience and Engaged Buddhism, but please keep the Tibetan Medicine forum free of all general discussion, posts of this nature will be removed without further notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3839

Regards,
Tara

Maybe you collect a lot of important writings,
Major texts, personal instructions, private notes, whatever.
If you haven’t practiced, books won’t help you when you die.
Look at the mind – that’s my sincere advice.

from Longchenpa's 30 Pieces of Sincere Advice

Mors certa — hora incerta
Tara
Site Admin

Return to Tibetan Medicine