Trigeminal Neuralgia

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
bjf77

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Post by bjf77 »

My wife has been recently diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. She has been experiencing episodes off and on for almost a year now. Recently the pain has not subsided and she is scheduled for an Brain MRI in the near future to help determine a cause. I would like to find out if there is anything we can do in the meantime to either cure this condition, or at the least treat the pain with Tibetan Medicine. Any information, suggestions, help, would be greatly appreciated.

I will put in a link to the wikipedia website that has detailed information about Trigeminal neuralgia, and hope that this will be useful and helpful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you!
Om ah hung
B
Malcolm

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia

Post by Malcolm »

bjf77 wrote:My wife has been recently diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. She has been experiencing episodes off and on for almost a year now. Recently the pain has not subsided and she is scheduled for an Brain MRI in the near future to help determine a cause. I would like to find out if there is anything we can do in the meantime to either cure this condition, or at the least treat the pain with Tibetan Medicine. Any information, suggestions, help, would be greatly appreciated.

I will put in a link to the wikipedia website that has detailed information about Trigeminal neuralgia, and hope that this will be useful and helpful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you!
Om ah hung
B

Considering whatI can see about this condition there is probably little Tibetan Medicine can do more than offer minor palliative relief since this condition seems to involve an artery that presses against the trigeminal nerve. I am guessing for permanent releif, surgery is probably your most effective solution.

N
bjf77

Post by bjf77 »

Thank you for your time and response. We hope to find a 'root-cause' with the MRI.

B
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

bjf77 wrote:Thank you for your time and response. We hope to find a 'root-cause' with the MRI.

B

If it turns out that there is no phyisical cause for this neuralgia, let me know.

N
bjf77

Post by bjf77 »

Will do. I'm hoping one way or another there is a way to repair the myelin sheath. I have read that massage helps the myelin sheath in infants that are growing, but not sure of it's the same case for adults and already generated nerves. If it could potentially do some good for her, then I can continue, at least, with that treatment for the time being.

Thank you again.
B
bjf77

Post by bjf77 »

Just FYI...

It appears there was a physical root cause that is possible to treat and isn't 'serious'. Thank you again for your time and information.

:namaste:
B

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”