This thing in my eye...

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
DGA
Former staff member

This thing in my eye...

Post by DGA »

I have something called Cellophane Maculopathy. (sometimes goes by the trade name "Macular Pucker.") I have likely had this since childhood, but now it is starting to interfere with my life. Eventually it will worsen to the point where I will require surgery or lose sight in the affected eye. This may take decades.

My question: can TM offer any guidance on slowing the growth of such a thing as snotty crinkly film in the macula of a man's eye?
Malcolm

Re: This thing in my eye...

Post by Malcolm »

Jikan wrote:I have something called Cellophane Maculopathy. (sometimes goes by the trade name "Macular Pucker.") I have likely had this since childhood, but now it is starting to interfere with my life. Eventually it will worsen to the point where I will require surgery or lose sight in the affected eye. This may take decades.

My question: can TM offer any guidance on slowing the growth of such a thing as snotty crinkly film in the macula of a man's eye?

These conditions are generally speaking treated with eye surgery in addition to herbal medicines. First, we would have to find out the humoral cause of the illness, and so on, then we can optimize the pre- and post surgical treatment.

See your eye surgeon. Have it taken care of.

N
DGA
Former staff member

Re: This thing in my eye...

Post by DGA »

This is helpful. Thank you Malcolm.

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”