lower back pain

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
User avatar
florin
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm

lower back pain

Postby florin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 am

About twice a year i experience severe lower back pain ,pain that it is so severe that i am imobilized in bed.When in bed there is no pain...

This pain shoots down the leg ,on the extremities and sometime on the front part of the legs..

When this happens i go and see an osteopath and that seems to fix it...They think its a mechanical problem and related to stress also..

I would like to know if there is a remedy from the tibetan medicine perspective for this problem and whether can be treated ?

Is this an energy imbalance, or spirit possession...i would be curios to know?

Thanks..
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"

User avatar
kalden yungdrung
Posts: 1970
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: lower back pain

Postby kalden yungdrung » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:36 am

Tashi delek, :)

Regarding lower back pain.

- Do you have night swetting?
- Can you easy fall asleep?
- Do you wake up during your sleep?
- Do you experience cold during the day time?
- Do you prefer a salty taste?
- How long is this lower back pain ? more or less than a year?
- Do you take medicines?

Best wishes
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD

User avatar
florin
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: lower back pain

Postby florin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Kalden

I do not experience any night sweating and i easily fall asleep.
The only thing i consider a bit weird about my sleep is the fact that nearly every morning-for quite a few years-around 4 or 5 o'clock i begin to feel extremely restless -it is like having a very strange intense energy in my body.... Otherwise my sleep is fine and i do not wake up during night..
I do not feel cold during daytime and i prefer food moderately salty in other words i do not like foods which are very salty...


This back pain i had it on and off for over 15 years...but only in the last 4 years started to appear with much more regularity .I had this pain ,maybe twice a year for the past 4 years.

As for the medicines i rarely take any .As i mentioned in my previous message the osteopathic treatment seems to fix ...momentarily..
But i would like a treatment or something which would fix the problem forever....if such thing exists...
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21118
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: lower back pain

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:27 pm

alpha wrote:About twice a year i experience severe lower back pain ,pain that it is so severe that i am imobilized in bed.When in bed there is no pain...

This pain shoots down the leg ,on the extremities and sometime on the front part of the legs..

When this happens i go and see an osteopath and that seems to fix it...They think its a mechanical problem and related to stress also..

I would like to know if there is a remedy from the tibetan medicine perspective for this problem and whether can be treated ?

Is this an energy imbalance, or spirit possession...i would be curios to know?

Thanks..



Do you have a lower back injury?
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
florin
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: lower back pain

Postby florin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:38 pm

I have no back injury...

The pain usually occurs when i bend in particular way and then i get stuck .It is a very sharp pain .Is so sharp that i cannot stand straight and i usually let myself fall...I cannot really say with accuracy what sort of bending causes it...because it is a little different every time..it could be forward...on one side...etc..
And Is not related to physical work....heavy lifting...etc...
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21118
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: lower back pain

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:58 pm

alpha wrote:I have no back injury...

The pain usually occurs when i bend in particular way and then i get stuck .It is a very sharp pain .Is so sharp that i cannot stand straight and i usually let myself fall...I cannot really say with accuracy what sort of bending causes it...because it is a little different every time..it could be forward...on one side...etc..
And Is not related to physical work....heavy lifting...etc...



Is it in lower back?
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
florin
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: lower back pain

Postby florin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 pm

it is in lower back ...yes...and it concentrates in the middle of the lower back...
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"

purple rose
Founding Member
Posts: 4115
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 am

Re: lower back pain

Postby purple rose » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Polite reminder

This particular forum is specifically for those wishing to ask questions of a qualified Tibetan Medicine practitioner.

Please read the 'Guidelines'

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3839

Regards,
rt

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21118
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: lower back pain

Postby Malcolm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:30 pm

alpha wrote:it is in lower back ...yes...and it concentrates in the middle of the lower back...



Moxa, massage or acupucnture or a combination will help this.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
florin
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: lower back pain

Postby florin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:05 am

thank you..
excellent
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"


Return to “Tibetan Medicine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 7 guests