Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hypoglycemia
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am
Posts: 1030
Location: Southern Oregon
Namdrol,

Can you offer any advice from the TM POV about stabilizing chronic hypoglycemia. All I currently know to do is eat smaller, more frequent meals, eat plenty of fiber, and avoid refined sugars and foods with a high glycemic index. I also tend toward whole and sprouted grains and breads made from them, etc., and I'm tending toward eating locally-grown, organic veggies. Oh and of course I know to exercise and try to slim down some. Anything else I can do, or anything I've mentioned that I should change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypoglycemia
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am
Posts: 1030
Location: Southern Oregon
Also, I was wondering what you think of the Sorig teas. My understanding is that they're from Men Tsee Khang. I was considering purchasing the teas that are supposed for lung and for diabetes support: http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... cts_id=488 and http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... cts_id=494. I don't yet have diabetes, just chronic hypoglycemia that seems to be agitated by stress from school. Do you recommend these teas in general, and if so, is there any conflict using both of these days at the same time, i.e. one in the am and one in the pm?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypoglycemia
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Namdrol,

Can you offer any advice from the TM POV about stabilizing chronic hypoglycemia. All I currently know to do is eat smaller, more frequent meals, eat plenty of fiber, and avoid refined sugars and foods with a high glycemic index. I also tend toward whole and sprouted grains and breads made from them, etc., and I'm tending toward eating locally-grown, organic veggies. Oh and of course I know to exercise and try to slim down some. Anything else I can do, or anything I've mentioned that I should change?



If you want to fix your hypoglycemia, do this cleanse:

http://www.lifespa.com/coloradocleanse.aspx

I have done this cleanse. It is based on Ayurvedic principles, is intelligently put together. This is the system I use.

It is highly effective and also very gentle.

Really, I mean it.

You will lose 8-15 pounds while eating three healthy meals a day.

N

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypoglycemia
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am
Posts: 1030
Location: Southern Oregon
Thanks very much for this link, Namdrol. This looks like something I would love to try. However, the next cleanse isn't happening until next Fall and my hypoglycemia has really been flaring up lately. In the meantime, would you recommend the following Sorig tea to tide me over until I can do the cleanse? http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... cts_id=494

Or perhaps this one? http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... 698b4b974b


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypoglycemia
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Thanks very much for this link, Namdrol. This looks like something I would love to try. However, the next cleanse isn't happening until next Fall and my hypoglycemia has really been flaring up lately. In the meantime, would you recommend the following Sorig tea to tide me over until I can do the cleanse? http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... cts_id=494

Or perhaps this one? http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... 698b4b974b



You don' have to wait until the fall. You can buy the package and do it yourself. Email them for more info.

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypoglycemia
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am
Posts: 1030
Location: Southern Oregon
Namdrol wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Thanks very much for this link, Namdrol. This looks like something I would love to try. However, the next cleanse isn't happening until next Fall and my hypoglycemia has really been flaring up lately. In the meantime, would you recommend the following Sorig tea to tide me over until I can do the cleanse? http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... cts_id=494

Or perhaps this one? http://www.tibetarts.com/product.info.p ... 698b4b974b



You don' have to wait until the fall. You can buy the package and do it yourself. Email them for more info.


Cool, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group