Yes or No ...

Just for fun

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby lowlydog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:Yes, to strive toward awakening and compassion for the benefit of all sentient beings.

Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be 'no'?


Nicht

Do you have enemies?
lowlydog
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Punya » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes, of course. As Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche said, "Until the inner force of negative emotions is conquered, Strife with outer enemies will never end."

Is exercise an important part of your day?
Unless the inner forces of negative emotions are conquered
Strife with outer enemies will never end.
~Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
User avatar
Punya
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:00 am

Punya wrote:Is exercise an important part of your day?

Yes, for my mental stability, meditation is a very important thing in my life. But in my days i often do some work or sit in a bus while meditating.

Are you still a Christian too, besides being a Buddhist?
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Ayu wrote:Are you still a Christian too, besides being a Buddhist?

I would like to change this question in:

Do you like fried spaghetti?
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby shel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 am

Ayu wrote:Do you like fried spaghetti?


No, but I haven't tried it. I don't like the idea of doing that to perfectly good spaghetti.

Did you enjoy the last hot dog that you ate, which was made out of spam, wrapped in bacon and then deep fried, dipped in chocolate, and served with whip chream and a cherry on top? Be honest, and remember, Yes or No...
shel
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 am

shel wrote:...
Did you enjoy the last hot dog that you ate, which was made out of spam, wrapped in bacon and then deep fried, dipped in chocolate, and served with whip chream and a cherry on top? Be honest, and remember, Yes or No...

No, regrettably not. But it sounds interesting. :tongue:

Are you able to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere after a good meal?
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Kim O'Hara » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:58 am

Yes ... I'm enjoying it now, in fact. :smile:
I will do something slightly more useful than play "Yes or No" in the next two minutes. Will you?
User avatar
Kim O'Hara
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Yes, from 11:58 am until 12:00 am I did something usefull. :twothumbsup:

Do you need glasses for reading?
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Hickersonia » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:34 am

Unless I'm going to put the book 3 inches from my face, yes. I basically need glasses all the time...

Did you do anything special today in observation of Parinirvana Day?
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/


"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."

Nam mô A di đà Phật!
User avatar
Hickersonia
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:23 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Yes. Sat for a little longer meditation session.

Have you ever worn a button shirt buttoned all the way to the top when the temp. was over 85 F (30 Celsius), i.e., not for keeping warm, but as a 'fashion' choice. I notice some golfers do this even when the temps are quite hot.

Image
Sergio Garcia
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Yes, i find it less hot when no sunrays touch the skin.

Did you ever fix a car?
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 pm

No, not really, just have changed tires, installed a battery, added fluids, but nothing major.

Have you ever worn (in public) the shirt collars popped-up?

Image

Anna Torv, Australian actress
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:02 pm

:smile: Yes, when the sun shines bright.

Do you like to wear a hat? :sage:
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Kim O'Hara » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:27 am

Ayu wrote::smile: Yes, when the sun shines bright.

Do you like to wear a hat? :sage:

:smile: Yes, when the sun shines bright ... which is quite often where I am.
:smile:
I even go swimming in the sea in the middle of winter. Do you?
User avatar
Kim O'Hara
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Kim O'Hara wrote:I even go swimming in the sea in the middle of winter. Do you?

God question! No!!!
But i like to accompany a friend who used to swim in wintertime in a lake nearby. Good temperature for him: + 2°C
Well covered with tuque, scarf, wintercoat and warm boots i stand aside watching how he beats a hole into the ice for to take a bath.

Do you keep animals?
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby David N. Snyder » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Yes, too many:

4 cats
2 guinea pigs
2 mice (in cage)

Do you know how to surf? (no, not the internet, the ocean)
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby shel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 am

David N. Snyder wrote:Do you know how to surf? (no, not the internet, the ocean)


Yes, but it's not as easy as it was when I was younger. :crying:

Are you afraid of sharks when swimming in the ocean?
shel
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

shel wrote:Are you afraid of sharks when swimming in the ocean?


No (they don't frequent the waters near Southern California that much, which is where I go for the beach or ocean swimming)

Have you ever ran a marathon?
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Jikan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:40 am

David N. Snyder wrote:
Have you ever ran a marathon?


Not yet, but I'm training for one. Here's a long-term goal:

http://www.angelfire.com/wy2/marathon/

Do you like the taste of seaweed?
Thanks to the help of generous sponsors (most of them from DharmaWheel), I'm doing a Vajra Armor (Dorje Kotrab) self-retreat this summer. May the merit be yours!
Jikan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: Yes or No ...

Postby Ayu » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 am

Yes, fried.

Did you ever dance ballet?
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

PreviousNext

Return to Games & Humour

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zenman and 3 guests

>