Taking Leave

Messages from the admin team about how the forum operates. Please read them!
Son of Buddha

Re: Taking Leave

Post by Son of Buddha »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Son of Buddha wrote:What are all these mistakes you acknowledge you have made ????
can you provide a list of these mistakes for constructive criticism?
A list? :rolling:

I am sure you are aware of some of them, so why not deal with the ones that reagrd you?
I asked you for a list of what you thought you have done wrong.
do you not think you have done anything wrong?
its kinda hard to give a person constructive criticism when they don't see any problems to begin with.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Oh well..whether or not any of this enables you to make any earth shattering decisions at least it has got you some attention and ego stroking.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

...attention and ego stroking.
For all involved.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Son of Buddha wrote:I asked you for a list of what you thought you have done wrong.
its kinda hard to give a person constructive criticism when they don't see any problems to begin with.
Dude, Simon E. (for example) brought up an issue with me which goes back in time to E-Sangha. So I cannot even begin to fathom what issues other people may have, and whether what I believe is an issue, is actually an issue (for others). So if you have an issue, now is the time to bring it up!

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Son of Buddha

Post by Son of Buddha »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Son of Buddha wrote:I asked you for a list of what you thought you have done wrong.
Dude, Simon E. (for example) brought up an issue with me which goes back in time to E-Sangha. So I cannot even begin to fathom what issues other people may have, and whether what I believe is an issue, is actually an issue (for others). So if you have an issue, now is the time to bring it up!
this Thread has nothing to do with Simon E and his issues nor the issues of others.

this thread is about constructive criticism for Greg
you stated you have done wrong doing(I can re-quote what you said if you like) I have simply asked you to list the things that you think you have done wrong on this site, so that we may give constructive criticism to the things you feel you have done wrong to others .........its as simple as that
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

I await with bated breath a second announcement. The one where Gregkavarnos tells a grateful world that in view of the overwhelming support he has received he will be postponing his wee break...
unless we continue to be beastly to him...
It really doesn't take Freud does it ? :lol:

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

gregkavarnos wrote:
...attention and ego stroking.
For all involved.
Sure...but the whole circus is of your devising. You are the ringmaster, lion-tamer and clown of this thread.
You could have just slipped away for a while. But that would have defeated the main purpose.
A prolonged game of what Eric Berne's calls 'Poor Me.'

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Simon E. wrote:I await with bated breath a second announcement. The one where Gregkavarnos tells a grateful world that in view of the overwhelming support he has received he will be postponing his wee break...
Don't hold your breath.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Simon E. wrote:Sure...but the whole circus is of your devising. You are the ringmaster, lion-tamer and clown of this thread.
You could have just slipped away for a while. But that would have defeated the main purpose.
A prolonged game of what Eric Berne's calls 'Poor Me.'
You are the one that keeps coming back to the thread, you too could just "slip away". But it seems to cause you great pain to see that some people actually support my actions. Anyway, your words in this thread are a very clear example of why I may actually be justified in saying "poor me". Just in case you hadn't noticed, you are actually "lending support to my case..."

But, just to make things clear: I was advised to start a thread explaining why I am taking leave in order to avert the conspiracy theories that would arise if suddenly I appeared to stop being a moderator. I decided to use the thread in order for people to air legitimate grievances in order for me to assess my role as a moderator (thus far) and to consider what I may need to change in regards to my behaviour as a moderator if I considered returning to the role.

I did not start this thread in order for you to act out your emotional and psychological issues. Please feel free to refrain from doing so.

AND, just in case you hadn't noticed, (in my opening post) I didn't ask for people to kick me now that I'm down, I asked them to give me a hand so I can get up. It seems that some people take an admission of weakness, as an invitation to attack.

Qing Tian

Post by Qing Tian »

Irrespective of what others in this thread may think, I wish you a peaceful and fruitful break away.

Now get outta here before somebody says something else they might regret! :namaste:
“Not till your thoughts cease all their branching here and there, not till you abandon all thoughts of seeking for something, not till your mind is motionless as wood or stone, will you be on the right road to the Gate.”
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Son of Buddha wrote:this Thread has nothing to do with Simon E and his issues nor the issues of others.

you stated you have done wrong doing(I can re-quote what you said if you like) I have simply asked you to list the things that you think you have done wrong on this site, so that we may give constructive criticism to the things you feel you have done wrong to others .........its as simple as that
You are an "other", what do you feel I have done wrong to you? What do you believe, amongst my actions as a moderator, has caused an issue to arise between us?

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Qing Tian (晴天) wrote:Now get outta here before somebody says something else they might regret! :namaste:
:applause:

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

:popcorn:

Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

Greg, as I said before I support you and your roll as a moderator. I know how difficult it can be.

I've followed this thread and have reread a few others where debates between you and a few others have gone on and on. These members are able to "press your buttons" so to speak, and a couple of them just jump on the control panel and hit every button they can.
You and I seem very much alike when a situation like this happens.....we react quickly and sometimes not in the most mindful way. But we are human. And the other members act the same way. A tough situation to remedy.
I am going through some difficulties in a relationship right now and in this I see what is happening. I know the difficulty in refraining from a smart *ss reply, trust me there my friend as I'm not to good at it. But I see this reaction from you time to time and I believe that's one thing that some members may have issue with. Others can't handle an authoritive figure sending a pm with a warning.
You may consider asking another mod to step in to a subject if they turn into a flaming battle. The mods are a team, so asking another team mate to step in is always an option.
I have been a moderator on very large forums and understand the difficulties involved. So maybe even another mod seeing whats happening could just step in as a team mate to help you out.
I hope this might help in your situation my friend.
Once again thank you for all you do around here.

:namaste:
Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
Son of Buddha

Post by Son of Buddha »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Son of Buddha wrote:this Thread has nothing to do with Simon E and his issues nor the issues of others.

You are an "other", what do you feel I have done wrong to you? What do you believe, amongst my actions as a moderator, has caused an issue to arise between us?
GREG
Now, I am not perfect, actually I am nowhere near being perfect, far from it, but my actions here at Dharma Wheel (as delusive as they may be) have been intended to maintain a forum that is friendly, intelligent, safe, supportive and informative for its members. I have tried to keep my ego out of the equation, as much as possible, but the quantity of vitriol thrown in my direction seems to me to be excessive, in comparison to the extent of any mistakes I have made (and I have made a few).
This is the 4th time I have asked you to list the wrong doing you feel you have done on this site toward others.
Why do you refuse to list anything you have done wrong? Can you not honestly think of one thing you felt you did wrong toward another person on this forum???
I cannot give another person constructive criticism when they cant even admit the problems they need help with.

(and again the topic of subject is not what is my issue or other people's issues with Greg the Topic of subject is Greg seeks constructive criticism)
if you wish for us to help you out Greg we need to know what you feel you have done wrong toward others so we can give you constructive criticism on how to fix these problems.
Son of Buddha

Post by Son of Buddha »

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=2616

The words and actions of all members (including moderators and administrators) will be assessed with respect to the Terms Of Service and you will be notified of the outcome of your complaint via PM or e-mail. As with public complaints about posts, please do not publicly complain about moderation, as that is disruptive to the forum and is not the appropriate method for resolving such disputes.

Greg please cease trying to get people to intentionally violate the TOS on reporting.
do not ask us to publicly complain about moderation Greg.

this thread is about you(Greg) seeking Constructive criticism for wrong doings and characteristic traits that you wish to see fixed in yourself.
this thread is not about who has a problem with Greg bash on him or complain publicly about Greg's Moderation ........(so quit asking for that Greg its against the TOS)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I am astounded! You actually think I am trying to bait you into breaking the Terms of Service? :jawdrop:
Why would I want to do that? :shrug:

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

gregkavarnos wrote:(in my opening post) I didn't ask for people to kick me now that I'm down, I asked them to give me a hand so I can get up. It seems that some people take an admission of weakness, as an invitation to attack.
Greg,

Everyone knows that speaking openly & frankly about your emotions in relation to others in a public setting is no way to be a man. At least not a middle-class Englishman.

In friendship,
Jikan
plwk

Post by plwk »

Ugh Jikan, he's Greek... :mrgreen:
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

Two scenarios;

1) A fight breaks out, no-one steps in to break it up
2) A fight breaks out, someone steps in to break it up getting hurt in the process.

Greg, you are scenario two. You've stepped in where others have feared not to and have got hurt in the process. It's also obvious that others enjoy goading you. This says more about them than it does about you.

I wish you well,
Gassho,
Seishin

Return to “Announcements”