I.B.A. Kathmandu - Summer Courses 2012

Kunga

I.B.A. Kathmandu - Summer Courses 2012

Post by Kunga »

This Summer the International Buddhist Academy (I.B.A.), founded by the great scholar Khenchen Appey Rinpoche, will offer three individual month-long courses in Buddhist meditation and philosophy, all of which are essential for genuine Buddhist practice. The first and third months have a practical emphasis: the stages of meditation and mind training. The second month is more philosophically-oriented.

In addition, there will be three separate courses in Tibetan language offered (Mon-Fri) in June, July and August.

We will also be offering a 10 day retreat. Details will be confirmed shortly.

The courses are taught directly in English by experienced and fully-qualified teachers (Khenpos) and are supplemented with afternoon revision and Q&A sessions. Registration opens on February 15th. Please note that this year accommodation on-campus is limited. Please do not send any deposit until your on-campus accommodation has been confirmed. More information can be found on our website http://sakyaiba.edu.np/2012/.

June 4 – 29
“Uniting Method and Wisdom”
Kamalashila’s Stages of Meditation

Kamalaśīla was the disciple of the great abbot Śāntarakśita. It is Kamalaśīla’s most widely renowned work, and teaches how to progress on the Buddhist path. In this course we will study the first book in the series of three, which is the most extensive is rarely taught. .This course will discuss the theoretical as well as the practical aspects of authentic Buddhist practice.

July 3 – 31
“Entering Reality”
Candrakirti’s Introduction to the Middle Way

Candrakīrti was a Buddhist master famous for his exposition of the Madhyamaka (‘Middle Way’) philosophy, generally regarded in Tibet as the pinnacle of Buddhist thought. More than just an introduction to this philosophy, his Introduction to the Middle Way is an extensive and profound treatise studied by all traditions of Tibetan Buddhism up to the present day, aimed at revealing the view of ultimate reality.

August 6 – 31
“The Alchemy of Suffering”
A Stream of Nectar: Pith Instructions for the Cultivation of the two Bodhicittas

According to the Mahāyāna, it is said that the entire Buddhist path is contained in one thing only: the practice of bodhicitta, the mind of enlightenment. Ga Rabjamba Kunga Yeshe’s text on Mind Training (lojong) teaches methods which are easy to apply in everyday life and have the power to produce a profound inner transformation.

The courses are taught directly in English by experienced and fully-qualified teachers (Khenpos) and are supplemented with afternoon revision and Q&A sessions. Registration opens on February 15th. Please note that this year accommodation on-campus is limited. Please do not send any deposit until your on-campus accommodation has been confirmed.
rose
Site Admin

Re: I.B.A. Kathmandu - Summer Courses 2012

Post by rose »

Duplicate thread deleted.

Regards,

Return to “Asia/Pacific”