Kunsangar South Retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Pero

Re: Kunsangar South Retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero »

Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:And I remember one time on E-Sangha that there was some mention of a teacher who said you can get his lung from CD too, I don't remember who it was though.
Dodrupchen used to send tapes of lungs to his students in US.
Ah.
Each master has different idea.
Yeah, and I think in cases like this it's important to respect each master's respective idea.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Can anyone tell me a little something about the mantras and verses Rinpoche and everyone are chanting for the dedication of merit? I recognize one of the mantras as some sort of Dzogchen mantra, but I don't really know anything about it, and I'm not familiar with the rest of it. Please feel free to PM me if you feel that would be more appropriate.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Has the text that Rinpoche has been teaching from "Jangchub Semgom" been translated into English? and if so where can it be found?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
florin

Post by florin »

I wonder if they had some technical difficulties because there was a pause in the broadcast for about 25 min or was it just me having this problem?
Inge

Post by Inge »

alpha wrote:I wonder if they had some technical difficulties because there was a pause in the broadcast for about 25 min or was it just me having this problem?
I had the same problem.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Fa Dao wrote:Has the text that Rinpoche has been teaching from "Jangchub Semgom" been translated into English? and if so where can it be found?
I don't think so.
alpha wrote:I wonder if they had some technical difficulties because there was a pause in the broadcast for about 25 min or was it just me having this problem?
I lost connection for about 13 minutes only. Probably internet connection problems there, happens sometimes.
edit: Sorry, I misread my notes, not 13 minutes only, it was the same for me, about 23.
Pema Rigdzin wrote: Can anyone tell me a little something about the mantras and verses Rinpoche and everyone are chanting for the dedication of merit?
I can in about 5 hours hehe, don't have enough time right now. Through PM though, I don't think it's appropriate to post mantras publicly.

edit: change of plans, missed bus so am not going to school hehe. Will write sooner. :smile:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The connection was dropped for about 20 minutes by my notes.

Too bad, because that twenty minutes explained the guts of meditation from sems sde POV.

See, have to become a member than no :tantrum: :tantrum:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:Has the text that Rinpoche has been teaching from "Jangchub Semgom" been translated into English? and if so where can it be found?

A related text, rdo le ser zhun has been translated into English as Primordial Experience. It is not an easy read because the translators tried to be very experimental in their approach.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Argh, another 10 min. gone. Too bad.

I keep forgetting to ask, but what is a general schedule like during one of Rinpoche's retreats? 2 hrs. of teaching, but what do the people do the rest of the time?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Clarence wrote:Argh, another 10 min. gone. Too bad.

I keep forgetting to ask, but what is a general schedule like during one of Rinpoche's retreats? 2 hrs. of teaching, but what do the people do the rest of the time?
There are often other things going on. Yantra yoga, Vajra Dance, etc.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Hi,
I watched the first couple nights of webcast, but missed it after that cause it was interfering with my sleep schedule. Could someone please tell me if CNNR gave pointing out yet? If he may give pointing out today or tomorrow I would like to attend, and then watch the replays of what I missed.

Thank you.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dakini_boi wrote:Hi,
I watched the first couple nights of webcast, but missed it after that cause it was interfering with my sleep schedule. Could someone please tell me if CNNR gave pointing out yet? If he may give pointing out today or tomorrow I would like to attend, and then watch the replays of what I missed.

Thank you.

The whole retreat was pointing out. Tonight will be general advice and lungs of practices. He finished the text last night.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

So does that mean that if I've attended part of the retreat, I've received pointing out?
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

dakini_boi wrote:So does that mean that if I've attended part of the retreat, I've received pointing out?
do you need a certificate ?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

haha, well yes, why not, a certificate would be nice!

but seriously, from reading about dzogchen I understand that direct pointing-out from a teacher is absolutely necessary. - however, my ability to "rest in the natural state" seems no better or worse than before watching the webcast. so my question was to clarify that I had indeed received "pointing out." Not that I had particular expectations, but it seems as if having a master like ChNN explain dzogchen in a live webcast is not really qualitatively different than reading his book or seeing a video. I recognize that this view is most likely due to my own ignorance, but I just want to be clear on what the process is about - since the webcast only broadcasts one way, i must therefore post my questions in this community.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dakini_boi wrote:haha, well yes, why not, a certificate would be nice!

but seriously, from reading about dzogchen I understand that direct pointing-out from a teacher is absolutely necessary. - however, my ability to "rest in the natural state" seems no better or worse than before watching the webcast. so my question was to clarify that I had indeed received "pointing out." Not that I had particular expectations, but it seems as if having a master like ChNN explain dzogchen in a live webcast is not really qualitatively different than reading his book or seeing a video. I recognize that this view is most likely due to my own ignorance, but I just want to be clear on what the process is about - since the webcast only broadcasts one way, i must therefore post my questions in this community.

You received permission to meditate on Dzogchen to best of your capacity and to practice Guru yoga, the main practice of Dzogchen.

N
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

dakini_boi wrote: ... however, my ability to "rest in the natural state" seems no better or worse than before watching the webcast. so my question was to clarify that I had indeed received "pointing out." Not that I had particular expectations, but it seems as if having a master like ChNN explain dzogchen in a live webcast is not really qualitatively different than reading his book or seeing a video.
This just means that you need to begin doing guru yoga as much as you can - and Rinpoche taught and gave transmission for a very essential guru yoga (with the white AH) which you can also do outside of formal sessions, anytime and anywhere, without anyone even realizing it, as soon as the thought of it pops into your head, to really remain connected with the warmth and energy of the blessings. Also, receiving transmission for the rushens and lojongs and then doing them thoroughly is really important. Rushen, lojongs and guru yoga are really what enable you to most fully take advantage of the introduction. Receiving the intro over and over is also very helpful. Don't worry about whether you "got it" during this retreat. You most certainly did. But now it's up to your own interest and diligence to make the true worth in that apparent.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Also, receiving transmission for the rushens and lojongs and then doing them thoroughly is really important.
I thought we got that as well? Or are we not allowed to practice them? I don't want to order the wrong booklets.

BTW, just wondering about something: Rinpoche kept saying to be present, which, if I read Namdrol right, just means being mindful. If one is not yet sure about the Instant Presence, then what is one mindful of during daily life? I can imagine that if one is sure about Rigpa, one tries to abide in that state as much as possible. But, if one is not sure, then being mindful is just regular Sutra practice (still useful), so surely there must be something one can mindful of in daily life-- until one has reached a state of certainty--which is still Dzogchen practice?
Hope that is clear enough.
Very happy I attended the webcasts and looking forward to the next.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote: Also, receiving transmission for the rushens and lojongs and then doing them thoroughly is really important.
I thought we got that as well? Or are we not allowed to practice them? I don't want to order the wrong booklets.

BTW, just wondering about something: Rinpoche kept saying to be present, which, if I read Namdrol right, just means being mindful. If one is not yet sure about the Instant Presence, then what is one mindful of during daily life? I can imagine that if one is sure about Rigpa, one tries to abide in that state as much as possible. But, if one is not sure, then being mindful is just regular Sutra practice (still useful), so surely there must be something one can mindful of in daily life-- until one has reached a state of certainty--which is still Dzogchen practice?
Hope that is clear enough.
Very happy I attended the webcasts and looking forward to the next.
One should pay attention to what one is doing, that is all presence means. When you can join presence with instant presence, than your presence becomes a truly liberative practice.

Dzogchen practice means you are a) trying to understand Dzogchen practice b) you understand Dzogchen practice and are moving ahead.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Namdrol wrote: One should pay attention to what one is doing, that is all presence means. When you can join presence with instant presence, than your presence becomes a truly liberative practice.

Dzogchen practice means you are a) trying to understand Dzogchen practice b) you understand Dzogchen practice and are moving ahead.
With a., that is listening to the webcasts and practicing the Lojongs, Rushens, Semdzins, and GuruYoga of white A? Do you know whether or not we have the permission to practice those?

With b., well, I will see when the time is right. :-)

Return to “Europe”