Workday at Tendai Temple: Canaan, NY

Workday at Tendai Temple: Canaan, NY

Postby Jikan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 pm

If anyone's in the area and interested in work practice, Tendai Buddhist Institute (near Albany, NY)...

We are at a point in construction of our new Sangha Annex that requires a lot of painting, both inside and out. We also have a lot of general landscaping around the property to do. Both are reliant upon the volunteer help that we get from our Sangha members, like you.

This is a great opportunity to enjoy the benefit of cultivating generosity and good merit and developing a stronger sangha at the same time.
Please come on Saturday, June 23rd, from 9 onward, so that we can put in every effort to get as much work done as possible. The more hands we have, the faster the work goes and the more that gets done.

If you are unable to make it Saturday, please let me know and we can make other times available during the week, like on Thursday and Friday (21st-22nd), for people to do what they can when they can.

Come for several hours, or come for just one, but just come!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if there are any questions or if you plan to come at any other time than Saturday. You can email me at k.bower at hotmail.com

Sincerely,
Koki Bower

For myself, I find I learn as much from work days as I do retreat days.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... mbs7Gr1eL4
Thanks to the help of generous sponsors (most of them from DharmaWheel), I'm doing a Vajra Armor (Dorje Kotrab) self-retreat this summer. May the merit be yours!
Jikan
Site Admin

Return to North America/Canada