Lama Dawa Mirror Divinations -

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
TenzinDorje

Lama Dawa Mirror Divinations -

Post by TenzinDorje »

Chicago-TUESDAY APRIL 24th Lama Dawa will be available for some private mirror divination appointments. Sessions are limited to three questions or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. The recommended donation is $40 for a session. For more information on mirror divinations and structuring divination questions, please refer to http://www.lamadawa.com/divinations.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; appointments will be scheduled on first-come basis, so to reserve a time, please contact me at [email protected]
TenzinDorje

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divinations -

Post by TenzinDorje »

not my email address above. the email would be addressed to Orgyen Ridgzin. TD
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

(I think) you use quality incense and lightly knock or tap your bathroom/bedroom mirror for some reason. It's like hello? is someone else there? . .
TenzinDorje

Post by TenzinDorje »

Wesley1982 wrote:(I think) you use quality incense and lightly knock or tap your bathroom/bedroom mirror for some reason. It's like hello? is someone else there? . .
HA!
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

Care to tell me more about this practice by Lama Dawa? . .
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

Check the link in his first post. There's a lot of info there.

Kindest wishes, Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
Wesley1982

Post by Wesley1982 »

I'll be around on Dharma Wheel April 24th but not in Chicago, Il.

Do you want to send him email or ask question? . .
TenzinDorje

Post by TenzinDorje »

Wesley1982 wrote:I'll be around on Dharma Wheel April 24th but not in Chicago, Il.

Do you want to send him email or ask question? . .
HA!
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

if it helps anyone:

I have consulted Lama Dawa twice.

My initial reaction was that I would never be in a position to benefit from his advice as I could not afford the travel necessary.

Three years later and every word has come true.

I can't explain, but can wholeheartedly endorse Lama Dawa's divinations.
Left
TenzinDorje

Post by TenzinDorje »

Blue Garuda wrote:if it helps anyone:

I have consulted Lama Dawa twice.

My initial reaction was that I would never be in a position to benefit from his advice as I could not afford the travel necessary.

Three years later and every word has come true.

I can't explain, but can wholeheartedly endorse Lama Dawa's divinations.
Excellent!

Also, it may not come as a surprise to anyone; if one has pure devotion, the means of accomplishing the directions from Mirror Divinations becomes easier.

Perhaps, when the online Mirror Divinations recommence, there could be a resource thread on DW for those aspiring to complete their Divinations...
greentara

Post by greentara »

Interesting! I would have thought a teacher with siddhi's and touched by the divine would not be mercenary and charge a fee. I would think any real power would make one humble and just reach out to the poor, deluded seekers.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

greentara wrote:Interesting! I would have thought a teacher with siddhi's and touched by the divine would not be mercenary and charge a fee. I would think any real power would make one humble and just reach out to the poor, deluded seekers.
Why do you say that Lama Dawa is "mercenary"?
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

That's my teacher! Greentara - I fail to see the mercenary part. Divinations take time, if anyone wants one, there used to be such a thing as going and asking and giving an offering to the teacher. And the teacher wouldn't necessarily give one anyway. Readings by their nature are not exactly just like, "hey do me my reading" ... The "fee" is simply a donation. If one doesn't want to give a donation, no one is forcing them to seek a divination. How is being adept at something spiritual change the fact that even Lama Dawa has to eat and support a multi-country sangha. He's using what he's got to help practitioners, others sell books. No one is calling them mercenaries for selling other services, like astronomical retreat prices, books, products from altar items to funding prayers (which you also have to donate for if you want for example done on your behalf) etc to help support their own sanghas. I think the term mercenary is kind of misleading... it's a service. And not one everyone offers it. Not every deluded seeker even finds merit in a divination.

Lama Dawa also supports sanghas down here in Mexico and in Nepal which I guarantee are not wealthy, so whatever donations come in have no different path than those of any other teacher charging for this and that. Perhaps you over-idealize the practical application of spiritual matters with the necessary need to live in a worldly matrix...? He's not exactly going and 'getting rich' off of divination donations... I don't know if you've ever met Lama Dawa, but his humility is actually quite stunning... it permeates his presence. Hard to describe in an online post to people who may not even know who he is..
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
greentara

Post by greentara »

Sorry I don't know much about Lama Dawa. It was a critique of teachers in general that charge entry, sometimes hefty entry fees and become business men instead of spiritual guides.
'Merchants go when truth appears
for the truth needs no merchanting.
Behold thy temple cleared of merchants'
Berry

Post by Berry »

Is this lama a monk ?

As far as I can remember doing divinations and fortune telling, or asking for money, is against the rules made by the Buddha for monks and nuns.
Leave the polluted water of conceptual thoughts in its natural clarity. Without affirming or denying appearances, leave them as they are. When there is neither acceptance nor rejection, mind is liberated into mahāmudra.

~ Tilopa
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Berry wrote:Is this lama a monk ?

As far as I can remember doing divinations and fortune telling, or asking for money, is against the rules made by the Buddha for monks and nuns.
Maybe he would do better standing on the highway waiting for a truck to stop and put food in his bowl or give him some rags to wear?

Times change, and so do media of communication. These days a lama can reach out to millions and also invite thousands for teachings in person. Even holding a class in a room costs money - or maybe you think Buddhists in Alaska should pretend they are in India and sit outside in suzero temperaures with their rags and offering bowls? You also perhaps forget that many lamas are not teaching in countries with a Buddhist culture, so people in general have no expectation of feeding and clothing monks.

There is a huge difference between charging a fee for teaching Dharma and charging a fee to cover the costs of renting or buying a building, heating, lighting, etc etc.

I believe Lama Dawa is a Nyingma Ngagpa - a type of lama whose ordination adheres to the vinaya but is permitted be non-celibate, to marry and be a householder etc.

You are also on a Mahayana forum, where many Buddhas are believed to have given teachings. ;)
Left
Berry

Post by Berry »

Maybe he would do better standing on the highway waiting for a truck to stop and put food in his bowl or give him some rags to wear?
Hi Blue Garunda,

I asked a question and I am surprised by your sarcastic reply. Is there really any need for that ?
You are also on a Mahayana forum, where many Buddhas are believed to have given teachings.
Yes I am aware of that and I find your attitude puzzling and less than welcoming. Perhaps I should look for a Mahayana forum where more compassion is shown towards me.

:namaste:
Last edited by Berry on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leave the polluted water of conceptual thoughts in its natural clarity. Without affirming or denying appearances, leave them as they are. When there is neither acceptance nor rejection, mind is liberated into mahāmudra.

~ Tilopa
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Lama Dawa is married.
Berry

Post by Berry »

Clarence wrote:Lama Dawa is married.
Thank you, Clarence.

:namaste:

~ Tilopa
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Berry wrote:Is this lama a monk ?

My apologies if I misinterpreted this statment as an overt negative criticism. I interpreted your tone from the 'As far as I can remember....' which is often a prelude to adverse commentary. _/\_
Left

Return to “Dharma Events”